View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #5
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit
Default Re: Future SEC scheduling

I don't think there's any "rule" to determine who plays who, it's just based off of a rotating schedule like it always used to be.

I might be wrong, but before Mizzou and A&M joined, you'd play 5-1-2 where it was against your five divisional rivals, one permanent west rival, and two west rotating rivals. You'd rotate the two west rivals every 5 years with a "home and home" matchup, and stagger the opponent for home / away (example, play LSU at home then Ole Miss away, next year play Ole Miss at home then Auburn away, etc...).

Then in 2012, that changed to 6-1-1 (six division rivals, same permanent west rival, then just one rotating west rival). For the one rotating west rival, it'd be LSU away one year, LSU at home the next, then start the process over with another non-permanent west rival.

Now, we're using the same 6-1-1 format, just with new permanent west rivals (for us, arky, A&M and Mizzou) and I think they just completely re-did the rotating west rival games via some "throw darts at a board on the wall" type format...I dunno. We played both Auburn & Alabama in 2010, Auburn & MSU in 2011, JUST LSU in 2012, JUST MSU in 2013 (back on track from 2011, missing them in 2012...weird) and now @ Auburn in 2014 with the new rotation. One would assume we would then get Auburn again at home in 2015 but from what I've seen, we play @LSU.

(The SEC hates us...obviously)

I'm sure we'll see another change before the schedule is set next year :)
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote