The Top 10 Things I like about USC
Contrary to the opinion of some here, I didn't join the board to stir things up, only to discuss a little football. I did probably PO some guy named Lemon in a thread by calling him Liz Lemon several times, but he was being pretty obnoxious. In the interest of fan unity, here are the top 10 things I like about USC.
1. Clemson rivalry. It's one of the most heated and antagonistic in college football.
2. Fan loyalty. Who wouldn't be impressed with a team going 0-11 two years in a row and still putting 80k in the stands week after week?
3. Brad Edwards. I don't know how many here remember him, but he worked in the office next to mine for a couple of years. Great guy. I'm sorry his career in the USC athletics department didn't work out.
4. Friends who are fans. Some of my closest friends are USC fans. One woman is the most rabid fan that I know of any sport.
5. Willingness to schedule ECU. You guys would play us when our sister schools in NC refused. Heck, you even came to Greenville a few times.
6. Tailgating. We have a pretty great tailgating scene, but you guys take it to another level with your private lots, live music, bathrooms, bars, TVs, etc. And I've never even been in a Cockaboose, although a friend from here owns one.
7. The State of SC. I've had some great times there -- upstate, downstate, Myrtle Beach, the Ryder Cup, etc.
8. 1999 hospitality. You guys let us stick around for a week's practice after we beat you in 1999 and couldn't get back to Greenville due to devastating flooding from Hurricane Floyd. We had to play Miami the following week in Raleigh and pulled out one of our greatest victories over the ninth-ranked Hurricanes.
9. Cocks. It's pretty funny the way you embrace your name, and there's something kind of sexy about a good-looking girl hollering "Go Cocks!" over and over.
10. Carolina. It annoys the crap out of UNC fans that you have the audacity to call yourselves "Carolina." I can't tell you how many times I've heard holes fans declare that they are the "real" Carolina. Anything that annoys the holes is good by me.
Here's to a good game on Saturday.