View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 01:21 AM   #11
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: To any players reading the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Look, I know some of you guys read this board. Based on that, you must think we're the most unhinged fanbase in all of sports.

Usually this board is home to some pretty level-headed fans, but after last week's loss to ATM it's become pretty much unglued. That's largely due to 1) unrealistic expectations, and 2) sub-par play on your part.

So I could certainly understand if you start reading some of the stuff on here and get a little upset. Even though there are board rules against it, there's been a fair amount of bashing going on and truth be told I vented a bit myself.

The thing that I want you to keep in mind is that this board is pretty much an outlet for many of us, so it's to be expected that you're going to see a mental dump or two every now and then. Also, this board represents probably about 2% of the Gamecock fanbase. At games when I ask someone if they post on CockyTalk I usually get a "huh?"

So there's that.

Regardless of what's been said, please understand we're all still behind you, we know you're working hard to get stuff fixed, and we'll all be out cheering loudly come Saturday.

Now go beat the hell out of ECU.
I don't think it's unrealistic to think the #9 team in the nation could stop a bubble screen once in 11 tries. But that's just me. As far as what been said on here, does it really matter? That last performance spoke for itself. You aren't going to have any bandwagon playing games like that. Just the reality of it. People posting on here are upset about the game and they aren't going to blow smoke up the player's rear ends. They aren't all koolaid drinkers who have unconditional faith all the time. They are smarter that than. They just want to see the team play well and win.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote