Thread: Do any of you subscribe to an investment newsletter?

Default Do any of you subscribe to an investment newsletter?

If so, which one(s)?

I subscribe to Investech.

Default Re: Do any of you subscribe to an investment newsletter?

Market watch

BI Research. Been around for over 25 years. Hulbert has ranked this newsletter in the top 10% every year for a long time. It only comes out about 8 times a year with only one stock per issue. The stocks he recommends are usually very small companies that none of us have ever heard of. He has a mathematical proprietary method of determining his stock selection. Over the years, it has been very useful and financially beneficial for me. The problem with most investment newsletters is they have way too many stocks included in their portfolios, and it requires too much time trading for average investors. BI Research is the exact opposite with only 1 stock about every 6 weeks. He also includes information on prior stocks recommended and has a hotline with weekly updates. I've been very happy with it.

I also get Barron's that comes out weekly. I've very happy with it as well. WSJ and IBD have too much information to process every day. I'm not a trader and don't plan on becoming one.

I'm thinking of adding a subscription to either Barrons, WSJ weekender or IBD Monday special. Any feedback would be valued. Also, does anyone subscribe to valueline?

Quote Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
    I'm thinking of adding a subscription to either Barrons, WSJ weekender or IBD Monday special. Any feedback would be valued. Also, does anyone subscribe to valueline?
    I've been a Barron's subscriber for at least 10 years.

I picked up barron's. I'm enjoying it. I even like the data tables. I also added a subscription to bloomberg markets. Too early to say on that one, but it seems interesting. It seems like it is more about what is happening in the hedgefund, PE and investment banks than straight investments and personal finance. I miss smartmoney. That was probably my favorite.