Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does FB continue to fall?

Default Why does FB continue to fall?

It's in the low 20s now. WTH!

Could've been a Contender COCKDIESEL's Avatar

Default Re: Why does FB continue to fall?

Everyone hates timeline.

Everyone is abandoning it for google+
    Worry cannot lesson tomorrows sorrow.
    It can only sap today of it's strength

001100010011000100110001 carolinafan111's Avatar

ESPN hates FB
    Gamecock Football Record: 32-8

33 games attended in a row (26-7 in that stretch)

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

It's like COCKDIESEL said. It's that damn timeline. No one can figure it out. And it's hard as hell to navigate.

And they will force you to get it.

I really hate clemson IHateOrange's Avatar

It sucks now. They tweaked it over and over and people hated it more and more. Twitter is on the rise as well.
    COCKY KONG!

TATER HATER 4 LIFE!

Memo to Lane Kiffin: Seven Gamecocks were selected in the 2009 NFL Draft, delaying any possible careers at the gas station.

Glad I didnt get in on that. I knew it was going to tank. I give FB a few more years (2-3) and it will be yesterdays news. Its a fad.

Nobody knows how FB makes money. Sure they litter your page with ads, but I don't know a single person that has ever bought anything because of a FB ad. Their business model is terrible.

Remember how big AOL was in the mid 90's? That's FB today.

Their only real marketable asset is their volume of users, once they cross back over the point of critical mass heading in the opposite direction they are screwed.

I hate Timeline

Been caught moddin' Spur's Addiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by USCgamecocks View Post
    Their only real marketable asset is their volume of users, once they cross back over the point of critical mass heading in the opposite direction they are screwed.
    true

They have a bazillion users. But if most decide to stop using it they got nothing.

Most traditional companies have hard assets they can sell of in case they go bankrupt or close up shop. The investors can sell off any equipment, factories, inventory etc. to make back at least some of their investment.

Facebook has none of that. So if the users evaporate there is nothing.

thet just built a MASSIVE building in the town i live in. it's only gonna employ like 15 people and a cleaning crew. when it goes under it will be somewhat of an eyesore, but a very nice one.

The stock is tanking because investors are radically revising (downward) their outlook for Facebook's future financial performance and earnings.

The market is "re-assessing" Facebook because of three things: 1) the rate at which revenue growth is decelerating, 2) the impact of the shift to mobile, and 3) the decline of the company's profit margin based on the decision to invest more for future growth. All of those factors suggest that Facebook is unlikely to be "the next Google," which is what many investors assumed it would be when it went public.

Facebook's stock price is still expensive relative to the current expected earnings growth for the company.
    there is more here
    http://www.sfgate.com/technology/bus...ut-3796092.php

very good read, highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by uscbrasco View Post
    there is more here
    http://www.sfgate.com/technology/bus...ut-3796092.php

very good read, highly recommend it.
    I remember reading a good article by a guy that I trust when FB came out....he said FB was worth around 10-12/share. Alot of people were laughing at him. Looks like he was right. As a couple of you have already said, users don't translate into revenue.

I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide! RGHoskins's Avatar

Two words. Lucky Slots. I don't wanna play!!!!

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.

Up 60% over the past three months or so (off a lower base, obviously). I kind of want to guy it but it is soo expensive on an earnings valuation basis.

Apparent Sunshine Pumper Gamecocks1137's Avatar

I don't look at FB as a fad, but I do look at it from a perspective of what next? I do not understand why they decided to go public, in the end it is a social networking site. It is hard to sell a social networking site, because what do they offer other than other people's bullshit. In the end all FB has is ads, and in the end, that will not help their cause.

What my question to everyone is, if you were Mark Zuckerberg, what would you do to make Facebook a realistic investment? It is almost like the bit coin, what they do isn't real, nor is it based on a supply and demand business concept. It is just there, for free, to anyone who wants to use it.
    "I'd rather be anywhere other than Clemson."

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter

Prodigy Entertainment

Pompous Ass Hillbilly GregoryHouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
    I don't look at FB as a fad, but I do look at it from a perspective of what next? I do not understand why they decided to go public, in the end it is a social networking site. It is hard to sell a social networking site, because what do they offer other than other people's bullshit. In the end all FB has is ads, and in the end, that will not help their cause.

What my question to everyone is, if you were Mark Zuckerberg, what would you do to make Facebook a realistic investment? It is almost like the bit coin, what they do isn't real, nor is it based on a supply and demand business concept. It is just there, for free, to anyone who wants to use it.

I don't see a lot of different plays for Facebook.

I say that they could create exclusive or insider-type levels that can be accessed for a fee. This level could offer discounts on things the members have "Liked" or similar products and services.

In this respect, they could give people a more attractive "groupon"-like addition to their facebooking experience while simultaneaously making the site more attractive to vendors and providers looking to target consumers whom tastes they would already know.
    I don't worry about falling skies as much as I worry about low ceilings.

Apparent Sunshine Pumper Gamecocks1137's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    I don't see a lot of different plays for Facebook.

I say that they could create exclusive or insider-type levels that can be accessed for a fee. This level could offer discounts on things the members have "Liked" or similar products and services.

In this respect, they could give people a more attractive "groupon"-like addition to their facebooking experience while simultaneaously making the site more attractive to vendors and providers looking to target consumers whom tastes they would already know.
    What do you expect from them in the long term? I feel if they wan't to keep making money and survive, they will eventually end up charging for members to continue using their services. Honestly, I feel like that will cripple their industry.

An idea I shared with a friend a while back was take the gaming aspect of facebook and expand it. Make people pay to play real console games online, on facebook. Not their same shitty 2D farmville type games, but a real console game such as Call of Duty or Madden. It could broaden them from being just a social networking site, to a social network/gaming site. It was just an idea I had, and to be honest, they need all the ideas they can get right now.
    "I'd rather be anywhere other than Clemson."

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter

Prodigy Entertainment

Been caught moddin' Spur's Addiction's Avatar

They sell advertising. Just like every other internet site web portal. It's the bulk of Googles business.

Thing is though. Sites like these they can be the most popular thing going. Seemingly with no end in sight. Something better comes along and users drop it like a hot potato. Anyone remember MySpace?