Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Guns (Firearms)

Default Re: Guns (Firearms)

Quote Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
    The shield is a great single stack 9. The bodyguard is an awesome pocket pistol. I own one and it is incredible how concealable it is and accurate. I purchased the EZ380 when they came out about a year ago. One of the smoothest shooting pistols. However, I sold it in order to purchase the bodyguard because the EZ is not very concealable, at least for deep concealment.
    My wife rented a Bodyguard about a year ago and fired it and fell in love with the way it shot.
    She likes smaller pistols when she does shoot, but I told her when she decided to buy one to replace
    the .25 cal she had for years, to try a few, and don't shop for "value" but to buy a good gun from
    a reliable manufacturer. She bought a Diamondback .380 at a gun show a couple of years ago in
    Charleston and thought it was perfect ( size and price ). I ended up having to clear failed ejections,
    failures to load and light strikes on that thing from the time she first bought it. I finally told her "To hell with
    that thing", let's go get you a gun ! ... The Bodyguard fit all the things in a gun she liked with the
    exception of the slide being difficult to rack for her, and her not being able to load the magazine
    to capacity. We looked at that gun along with the Walther PK380 and the EZ. of those three, she
    loved the ease of operation of both the Walther and the EZ, but the Walther was overly engineered
    for Safety and was even complicated for me on how to work the safety and the slide when the
    safety was engaged. The gun was purchased for basically home defense for her, since she hasn't
    gotten her CWP yet. She says she wants to do this "later on" but for now, I feel much better with her
    getting the EZ and so far, she's seems to have taken to it well. She has much better control and
    accuracy with the EZ than she did the .25 and the .380 Diamondback. It's at the point that she bugs
    me now on the weekends to go to the range and shoot instead of Vice Versa.

The shield is a great single stack 9. The bodyguard is an awesome pocket pistol. I own one and it is incredible how concealable it is and accurate. I purchased the EZ380 when they came out about a year ago. One of the smoothest shooting pistols. However, I sold it in order to purchase the bodyguard because the EZ is not very concealable, at least for deep concealment.
    I had pretty much made up my mind a couple of years ago, that I wanted a Shield 9MM right after I test
    fired one at PSA. This was before I got my CWP and my intention was to get the M&P Right after I did get
    my permit. Between that time, and the time I did get my CWP, I fired my neighbor's CZ P-07 and absolutely
    LOVED the way that thing felt when I fired it. I ended up shooting about 70-80 rounds through that thing
    that day and changed my mind about what gun I wanted to get to carry. ... I jumped too early on that
    idea though just out of the feel of firing it. Right after I completed the course and was waiting for my licenses
    to come, I bought a CZ P07 and intended for that to be my EDC. Once I got it though, I realized it was going
    to be difficult to conceal with the setup I got. It had extended mags (both of them) and with the suppressor
    ready barrel so CZ had the raised front and rear sights to accommodate that. It made finding a good IWB
    holster difficult, and even when I found one that fit, it didn't make it Concealable at all. ..... I still love
    firing the CZ. It's by far the best gun I've ever shot in my life, but for a carry gun I fell back to the plan of
    buying the M&P Shield to replace the KAHR i was carrying. ... When we went to buy my wife's gun, and I looked
    at the M&P 9mm, and they told me it was on sale, we got both. This was not a mistake at all. That thing fires
    almost as good as the CZ, and the feel of the grip of that gun is absolutely perfect. I love it more every time
    I take it to the range. I've put about 400-450 Rounds through it, firing three / four different brands of ammo
    and so far, no sign of an issue as of yet. My next purchase will be to get a couple or three more extended
    mags for it, and add night sights to it. That's coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
    My wife rented a Bodyguard about a year ago and fired it and fell in love with the way it shot.
    She likes smaller pistols when she does shoot, but I told her when she decided to buy one to replace
    the .25 cal she had for years, to try a few, and don't shop for "value" but to buy a good gun from
    a reliable manufacturer. She bought a Diamondback .380 at a gun show a couple of years ago in
    Charleston and thought it was perfect ( size and price ). I ended up having to clear failed ejections,
    failures to load and light strikes on that thing from the time she first bought it. I finally told her "To hell with
    that thing", let's go get you a gun ! ... The Bodyguard fit all the things in a gun she liked with the
    exception of the slide being difficult to rack for her, and her not being able to load the magazine
    to capacity. We looked at that gun along with the Walther PK380 and the EZ. of those three, she
    loved the ease of operation of both the Walther and the EZ, but the Walther was overly engineered
    for Safety and was even complicated for me on how to work the safety and the slide when the
    safety was engaged. The gun was purchased for basically home defense for her, since she hasn't
    gotten her CWP yet. She says she wants to do this "later on" but for now, I feel much better with her
    getting the EZ and so far, she's seems to have taken to it well. She has much better control and
    accuracy with the EZ than she did the .25 and the .380 Diamondback. It's at the point that she bugs
    me now on the weekends to go to the range and shoot instead of Vice Versa.
    All of my pistols have thumb safeties. I won't buy otherwise, but that is a personal decision. Every pistol I own, except one, I carry. I always carry with the safety off, but I like to have it there. I've considered a Springfield xde because I like SA/DA pistols.
    I purchased a Taurus g2c and that thing is incredible for the price. It is more accurate than my Ruger ec9.

Heisman Candidate carolina_corpsman's Avatar

All of my pistols have thumb safeties. I won't buy otherwise, but that is a personal decision. Every pistol I own, except one, I carry. I always carry with the safety off, but I like to have it there. I've considered a Springfield xde because I like SA/DA pistols.
    I purchased a Taurus g2c and that thing is incredible for the price. It is more accurate than my Ruger ec9.
    Name:  1gvt3a.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  71.0 KB

I prefer carry/HD guns without a safety, just one more thing that can go wrong.

That being said, I really like my wifes P-238 and would totally carry a P-938, but I would have to get used to carrying locked and cocked again.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
    Name:  1gvt3a.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  71.0 KB

I prefer carry/HD guns without a safety, just one more thing that can go wrong.

That being said, I really like my wifes P-238 and would totally carry a P-938, but I would have to get used to carrying locked and cocked again.
    I'll pass on carrying cocked and locked. Sig really likes the 1911 design.

I'll pass on carrying cocked and locked. Sig really likes the 1911 design.
    LOL. Better than one in the pipe with a SA only. I don't carry Appendix but that would be terrifying. I haven't shot any of their full size 1911's I have a buddy that has one that I've been meaning to go shoot with.

Next on my to buy list is a 4" .357 mag. Either the Taurus model 66 or the Ruger GP100.

Own about 40 guns. I love reading about what you guys have and shoot I love to hear your favorites and what you are planning to buy next. Keep the posts coming.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZyn View Post
    Own about 40 guns. I love reading about what you guys have and shoot I love to hear your favorites and what you are planning to buy next. Keep the posts coming.
    One day I will get there.

I *gasp* don't own a AR or AK yet. I would love to build one, probably an AR-10, but maybe go with the AK platform if I can get a good one, but (not to get too political and have the thread moved) given the current political climate, I am not so sure how much money I want to sink in that area. Like I said above, my next purchase will be a .357 mag revolver with the plans of buying a lever action in the same caliber as well as reloading equipment. Between those, my handguns, and my Remington 700 in 30-06 I feel pretty confident in a SHTF scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
    LOL. Better than one in the pipe with a SA only. I don't carry Appendix but that would be terrifying. I haven't shot any of their full size 1911's I have a buddy that has one that I've been meaning to go shoot with.

Next on my to buy list is a 4" .357 mag. Either the Taurus model 66 or the Ruger GP100.
    Taurus makes a good revolver.
    I don't appendix carry either. If your carry cocked and locked, you have to train to take the safety off as you draw. I'd rather not do that.
    Personally, I'd rather carry SA/DA hammer down.

Taurus makes a good revolver.
    I don't appendix carry either. If your carry cocked and locked, you have to train to take the safety off as you draw. I'd rather not do that.
    Personally, I'd rather carry SA/DA hammer down.
    I qualified with the M92 for 6 years, it wouldn't take much to get used to flicking the safety off again. I don't plan on changing, I just wouldn't mind switching to it, but I would carry it full time. I think there is a valid argument for a double action- single action for a HD firearm.

Everybody has their own opinion on how to carry and the configuration of their weapon of choice. I have
    no reason to debate with someone on how to carry or why to carry a certain way. This is 100% factual
    however......The way you practice, the way you react to a perceived situation and how you decide now
    how you would perform if that situation became reality is as different as night and day. Shooting at
    Silhouettes ain't nothing like shooting at a person if that ever had to happen. Silhouettes don't move
    and turn sideways to reduce the "Center Mass" area. Silhouettes don't have a live weapon pointed at
    you or someone in the room with you when you practice. IMO, when / if that choice is presented to you
    in real life to decide to pull your weapon and fire at a real person, I want as little as possible to have
    to remember to do, or simply DO, DUE TO REPETITIVE PROGRAMMING, if that situation takes place.
    I buy guns without External / thumb safeties by way of choice. I carry with a round in the chamber
    with no external safety by way of choice. I program myself to absolutely without question,to never put my
    finger on the trigger or inside the trigger guard until I'm ready to fire. That's how I practice when I go
    to the range. Hopefully I'll never have to pull a gun and shoot anyone to defend myself or my family
    but if that does ever happen, I want ZERO split second delays in firing, or Zero things to have to do
    to make my weapon ready to fire. I practice that way constantly and I have taught my wife (who is becoming
    a really good shot herself) to do the same. As was posted above. My brain and my hands Are My Safety.
    It's a personal choice made early in life and will remain with me as long as I'm above ground.

Say hello to my little friend.

Name:  Jim with Mk-46 2007.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  132.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post

You're missing the cocaine nosejob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post

Reminds of this Commercial from my Childhood:

Reminds of this Commercial from my Childhood:

Oh my gosh....such an innocent period in time. You'd get shot down like a range target if you walked around with one of those today.

This has to be one of the coolest pistols out there

Beretta px4 storm inox...rotating barrel

Would love to fire one of these as soon as I can find one. That rotating barrel at least has
    the appearance of a good shooting firearm. I've shot a few guns with fixed barrels and all
    of them have a "Feel" to them of less recoil and easy to get back on the sight line quickly,
    especially if you practice firing in bursts.
    My older brother bought a Walther CCP just over a year ago, and that thing shoots extremely
    well. It has a Fixed Barrel and a unique blowback firing system that gives in a very good
    feel when you fire it. I get the feeling that this Beretta would have a similar feel to it due to the
    barrel saying aligned when shooting. Would like to test that out at the range at some point
    soon.

Thanks for posting !

2nd Team All-SEC 4|_3|<54/\/|)3R's Avatar

Very first pistol I bought was a full size version of this. Can’t say that I’m great with DA/SA, but it’s definitely a smooth shooter.

2nd Team All-SEC 4|_3|<54/\/|)3R's Avatar

Would love to fire one of these as soon as I can find one. That rotating barrel at least has
    the appearance of a good shooting firearm. I've shot a few guns with fixed barrels and all
    of them have a "Feel" to them of less recoil and easy to get back on the sight line quickly,
    especially if you practice firing in bursts.
    My older brother bought a Walther CCP just over a year ago, and that thing shoots extremely
    well. It has a Fixed Barrel and a unique blowback firing system that gives in a very good
    feel when you fire it. I get the feeling that this Beretta would have a similar feel to it due to the
    barrel saying aligned when shooting. Would like to test that out at the range at some point
    soon.

Thanks for posting !
    I could be wrong, but I think PSA might have one you can rent.

Quote Originally Posted by 4|_3|<54/\/|)3R View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think PSA might have one you can rent.
    There's been a stretch of weeks for the past couple of months where I've been going to the Range
    and practicing. Mainly trying to get my wife up to solid confidence level with her new gun and
    I'm working on shooting from "odd" positions other than just squaring up and getting a good
    "proper" stance when I shoot. Also working on shooting from a compressed position in case of
    having to fire in close quarters. Pretty much all of this over the past 6-8 weeks has been at
    PSA here in Columbia. I've got a lot of stuff to do over the next 3-4 weeks most of which involves
    having Grandchildren with us, so the shooting range might get put on hold for that time, but I will
    definitely check to see if they have this model out there when I'm able to get back on the range.