Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Netflix Suggestions

Running in a Sandstorm Gamecockboyo's Avatar

Default Re: Netflix Suggestions

Binged the whole new season of Stranger Things today and all I can say is..............

Official Baseball Chick USCBatgirl21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecockboyo View Post
    Binged the whole new season of Stranger Things today and all I can say is..............
    I have a feeling who "the American" is.
    What can I say...
    I swear like a sailor & use please and thank you like a saint...
    I'm complicated

Running in a Sandstorm Gamecockboyo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
    I have a feeling who "the American" is.
    I'm not getting my hopes up, but oh boy I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecockboyo View Post
    I'm not getting my hopes up, but oh boy I hope so!
    It HAS to be! Otherwise, I am PISSED!
    I was getting really pissed before the post credits scene.
    What can I say...
    I'm complicated

Quote Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
    The kid from Stranger Things is starting some new prank show. Apparently the show has something to do with fooling people who are looking for a job. Some people are pretty pissed at the premise.

https://news.avclub.com/gaten-matara...abo-1835529125

thats hilarious

not sure why people would be mad

buncha softies

I am trying like all hell to finish ST3 before the ending is completely spoiled, but doing that and keeping up with the news has proven to be difficult. Thanks to some ass-nugget headline writers, I already know that somebody dies. Fortunately they've been kind enough to leave the name out of the headlines so far.
    ----------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by SheckWes View Post
    thats hilarious

not sure why people would be mad

buncha softies

I think the initial pitch for the show led people to believe that these were people who had been unemployed for a while and thought they were finally hired into an actual decent job, only to find out it's a prank show. It turns out that was not the case, so I guess it pays to get all of the facts before jumping to a conclusion.

I think the initial pitch for the show led people to believe that these were people who had been unemployed for a while and thought they were finally hired into an actual decent job, only to find out it's a prank show. It turns out that was not the case, so I guess it pays to get all of the facts before jumping to a conclusion.
    Yea I don’t think anyone gave a shit about the “prank”
    Netflix's 'Stranger Things' season 3 is already breaking records, with 40.7 million households watching since the July break 4th debut

BEST THING ON YOUTUBE!
    What can I say...
    I'm complicated

The wife and I started watching this new series that we had never heard anything about....I think it's a small show that runs under the public eye a bit but that's gaining a cult following. It's called "Brooklyn Nine-Nine".

Anyone heard of it? It's on Hulu.
    GOD
    USA
    SEC

Quote Originally Posted by thekob View Post
    The wife and I started watching this new series that we had never heard anything about....I think it's a small show that runs under the public eye a bit but that's gaining a cult following. It's called "Brooklyn Nine-Nine".

I watched the first couple of episodes of that. Not really my thing.

I'm kind of on the verge of cancelling Netflix after OITNB finishes up. The quality of the programming has really taken a nose dive recently.

Really?

that show was on Fox for like 5-6 years
    Andy Samberg is the man

love that show

ST3 was Amazing
    cant wait for 4

I watched the first couple of episodes of that. Not really my thing.

I'm kind of on the verge of cancelling Netflix after OITNB finishes up. The quality of the programming has really taken a nose dive recently.
    You and about 130k people....I saw something about how they lost that many subscribers and it caused their stock to take a hit.

It'll be even worse when Disney+ comes online. Since there's no contract, we might subscribe to things for one to three months at a time and then cancel for something else. If we were to have all the streaming services it'd be as much as cable nowadays, which was the whole point of cutting the cord in the first place.
    GOD
    USA
    SEC

Quote Originally Posted by SheckWes View Post
    Really?

that show was on Fox for like 5-6 years
    Andy Samberg is the man

love that show
    No, I was making a joke. We tend to watch shows that were popular after they're all out there on a streaming service. We finally got around to watching The Wire and Breaking Bad last year, for example.
    GOD
    USA
    SEC

You and about 130k people....I saw something about how they lost that many subscribers and it caused their stock to take a hit.

It'll be even worse when Disney+ comes online. Since there's no contract, we might subscribe to things for one to three months at a time and then cancel for something else. If we were to have all the streaming services it'd be as much as cable nowadays, which was the whole point of cutting the cord in the first place.

I can't speak for quite that many people, but for me it has nothing to do with the upcoming loss of shows. I have every Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars movie that I care to watch saved on my Plex server to watch whenever I want. For me, it's about the abysmal decline in quality shows and movies. When they first began creating their own content, Netflix had House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. I enjoyed both. A few others have popped up too such as Black Mirror and F is for Family, but those shows alone are not enough. They used to have some really good independent films like Man from Earth and Primer. Movies like that have become harder to find on there. Now what they do have right now is a plethora of foreign films and shows. I don't have anything against them per se, but I have to be in a mood to want to read subtitles.

Now that being said, The Witcher series might be worth hanging around to see. And I read some scuttle about somebody, possibly Netflix, making a series out of the web serial Worm. (A very long read, but worth it.) So there could be hope after the Disney+ launch, but it's hard to say these days.

Can’t wait to watch Last Chance U. Can’t start today because I’m in Cola for a concert, but that’s pretty much my agenda for tomorrow when I get home.

I can't speak for quite that many people, but for me it has nothing to do with the upcoming loss of shows. I have every Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars movie that I care to watch saved on my Plex server to watch whenever I want. For me, it's about the abysmal decline in quality shows and movies. When they first began creating their own content, Netflix had House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. I enjoyed both. A few others have popped up too such as Black Mirror and F is for Family, but those shows alone are not enough. They used to have some really good independent films like Man from Earth and Primer. Movies like that have become harder to find on there. Now what they do have right now is a plethora of foreign films and shows. I don't have anything against them per se, but I have to be in a mood to want to read subtitles.

Now that being said, The Witcher series might be worth hanging around to see. And I read some scuttle about somebody, possibly Netflix, making a series out of the web serial Worm. (A very long read, but worth it.) So there could be hope after the Disney+ launch, but it's hard to say these days.
    You're absolutely right, the original content has decreased, especially with all their Marvel series' ending. They do seem to be trying just to bring stuff from other countries and call it new. Could be worse though....Amazon seems to be throwing random youtube videos into their service...
    GOD
    USA
    SEC

A very interesting explanation of Netflix's practices and the "slow death of Hollywood".

https://mattstoller.substack.com/p/t...h-of-hollywood

Mindhunter season 2 is available.

gt
    Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.