Thread: NCAA Football 14

Default NCAA Football 14

So for those of you who purchased this years game, after having some time to play it now, are you happy with it or more disappointed.

Did they ever fix the grey facemasks?

Default Re: NCAA Football 14

I'm not sure about the facemask because I haven't really noticed it either way but I've definitely enjoyed the game. Best running game set up that they have ever had. Passing game is about the same and I enjoy in dynasty where you have XP points to upgrade your coach. Road to Glory is the exact same as last year.

WACCO FOR FLACCO!!! uscsaxplaya's Avatar

I like it. Ultimate team is by far my favorite feature. The coaching XP has is actually fun. Its always been fun building a school into a powerhouse. Also the physics on defense make you actually work to get around the offensive linemen. I really like the ability you have as a ball carrier. Trip tackles kinda suck. But overall its good. Still fun.

Go Cocks!

Best edition they have put out in a long time, IMO. Thoroughly enjoy it. Pretty sure the facemasks were fixed with one of the most recent updates, but I can't remember because honestly you don't even notice it after a few games. At least I don't, hence why I can't remember if they fixed it or not.

The passing game has been improved by them fixing DBs to have to be looking at the ball to react to it. This is true, because I've completely a few passes that in years passed would have been knocked down at the very least. However, the DB wasn't looking and the ball zipped right past him.

The LBs can't jump 50 feet anymore, so that is a 100% improvement. It's opened my pass game up tremendously, because now I'm not worried about throwing over the top. I still have a few batted down, but they're not picked every time.

The directional passing is a huge plus. You can throw a receiver open.
    Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
    I agree with Cack.

No "Beast Board" for WB this year.

WACCO FOR FLACCO!!! uscsaxplaya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robertfootball View Post
    No "Beast Board" for WB this year.
    Yes it would be nice if it were in it but a video board doesn't make gameplay any different. Its just aesthetics.

Go Cocks!

I love it. I can run zone read and kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by cack View Post
    The directional passing is a huge plus. You can throw a receiver open.
    This is far and away my favorite aspect of this game and makes it so much more realistic. Moreover, I've found that the people who bitch about the passing game and say they throw too many picks is without a doubt because they don't utilize the passing stick.

I'm a little late to the party, but I picked up NCAA 14 this past week. Been trying to get a good feel for the game. As far as Carolina is concerned, our team is really well rounded. I downloaded a roster through EA Locker from "bucsneverlose", I think. He had done some pretty good editing, and naming of the rosters. The zone read is unstoppable. I've run shaw for at least 300 yards through two games, and Davis and Carson are averaging 200 yards per game combined. The run blocking is really nice. I can't seem to get the hang of throwing the ball though. Maybe I'm just bad at it, and throw into coverage too much, but I throw too many pics, so I just don't throw it much. It makes the game kinda boring, but, I win by running the piss out of it. Defense is more difficult to get to the QB for a sack, and if you bump him after he lets the ball go they're going to throw a flag for intentional grounding. Aaron Murray threw for over 200 yards against me, but Ryner from UNC had less than 70. both teams combined for -6 yards rushing. I'm playing on All-American with some sliders adjusted. Still trying to perfect that. Thoughts? Also, could anyone fill me in on the uniform updates? What are they?

Analog Time Keeper garnetknight's Avatar

can you add custom stadium sounds on 14?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by garnetknight View Post
    can you add custom stadium sounds on 14?
    Yep
    ♫...Here's a health, Carolina, forever to thee!♫

Analog Time Keeper garnetknight's Avatar

cool , thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]