Thread: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

Default I hate the ppl that go for it every time

The people that go for it on 4th and 22 on their own side of the field in the first quarter when the score is 0-0, the people that ALWAYS go for two points, and the people that blitz every frickin play.

What do you do about these dudes? I'm trying to play in Ultimate Team mode, but I get these trolls that have better teams and just jump on me early. I either have to play from behind while they kill me or quit and receive a loss right away. I know that some people may say "well you just have to make them pay for it...." or whatever, but that's easier said than done on Ultimate Team mode when they've got such a good team.

Oh, and why doesn't NCAA show their team rating on this mode??

Default Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

I don't play ultimate team, or online dynasty, but I have managed a pretty good record in online play. I also disagree with playing what I call "Oregon style", but I punt on 4th, and play time of possession with these chumps. They usually score fast, and I will just eat up a quarter and a half on offense... Usually it gets them out of rhythm and they can't convert that 4th and 22 when they need to. It's all head games.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CockyInTexas View Post
    I don't play ultimate team, or online dynasty, but I have managed a pretty good record in online play. I also disagree with playing what I call "Oregon style", but I punt on 4th, and play time of possession with these chumps. They usually score fast, and I will just eat up a quarter and a half on offense... Usually it gets them out of rhythm and they can't convert that 4th and 22 when they need to. It's all head games.

Thanks, just trying to get some stuff off the chest

Run the ball, eat up clock and keep some backs in to block. I have a lot of success with 10 yard curls, outs and hitches. I read safties when I want to take a shot down the field and make sure my blocking numbers match up before I take a shot. Look at how many people they put in the box too. 1-1 to the outside is a win almost every time on all American mode (online, wish it was Heisman)

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.

Quote Originally Posted by lake-cityCOCK89 View Post
    Run the ball, eat up clock and keep some backs in to block. I have a lot of success with 10 yard curls, outs and hitches. I read safties when I want to take a shot down the field and make sure my blocking numbers match up before I take a shot. Look at how many people they put in the box too. 1-1 to the outside is a win almost every time on all American mode (online, wish it was Heisman)
    Lake City in the house! I'm from Lake City. Finished high school (private) in 2002, but my parents still live there. We probably know each other. Ain't too big...

Quote Originally Posted by GamecockStud View Post
    The people that go for it on 4th and 22 on their own side of the field in the first quarter when the score is 0-0, the people that ALWAYS go for two points, and the people that blitz every frickin play.

What do you do about these dudes? I'm trying to play in Ultimate Team mode, but I get these trolls that have better teams and just jump on me early. I either have to play from behind while they kill me or quit and receive a loss right away. I know that some people may say "well you just have to make them pay for it...." or whatever, but that's easier said than done on Ultimate Team mode when they've got such a good team.

Oh, and why doesn't NCAA show their team rating on this mode??
    who does that on a consistent basis? I haven't seen any game like that..in 40 years.

I run the super no huddle no audible hurry up offense and I usually average about 80 points a game. It would be over 100 if I could play defense better.

Default Re: Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

Quote Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
    who does that on a consistent basis? I haven't seen any game like that..in 40 years.
    Just a person trying to get a leg up on his competition... A person who thinks that you have to win absolutely everything... It's a f**king game for Chrissakes!

It's supposed to be fun, and if you can't have fun without winning, go back to the sand box.

If it works for them why would they stop?

It's not real. It is a game.

I hate people that abbreviate people with "ppl" but what can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by lake-cityCOCK89 View Post
    If they aren't playing press coverage, 9 out of 10 times you can convert a curl.

I was right about Cam uscfreek88's Avatar

you not gonna like this answer but its the truth

you have 3 options:

1. get better and learn how to stop noobs like that b/c they out there for every sport game b/c every game has a glitch that ppl will exploit.....with that said it is the job of a defense to stop what an O is doing b/c other wise why would you stop it?

2. stop playing online

3. join a league where there are set rules that everyone must abide by (im in a madden online league and we have rules set to make the game more like real football and cut out the cheesers)...or if NCAA has communities, find one you can join where you know you will play legit players....like i said, im in a great madden one where we have about 5 leagues across the nation and pretty much at any time I can find a legit player to play if i want to.....but i dont play outside of my league games really

One thing that I like to do in this game is drop a lot of my d-line in coverage... that messes up a lot of people because a majority pass and with the d-line in coverage it definitely fills up the players screen with defenders in a passing situation. I will also keep a qb spy out there since most play with a scrambling qb. Definitely cant run generic defenses on this game since no one likes to cover it seems like.

Make CAROLINA Great Again jellafever's Avatar

What do I do about these dudes? Score more points than them.

Then I drink a Sprite after every game with my pinky in the air.

I was right about Cam uscfreek88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
    One thing that I like to do in this game is drop a lot of my d-line in coverage... that messes up a lot of people because a majority pass and with the d-line in coverage it definitely fills up the players screen with defenders in a passing situation. I will also keep a qb spy out there since most play with a scrambling qb. Definitely cant run generic defenses on this game since no one likes to cover it seems like.
    thats a good strategy i use a good bit too....you have to use it sparingly though, b/c if they know you gonna do it and switch to a run play, you gonna be SOL