Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

  1. #1
    Blue Chip GamecockStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    624

    Default I hate the ppl that go for it every time

    The people that go for it on 4th and 22 on their own side of the field in the first quarter when the score is 0-0, the people that ALWAYS go for two points, and the people that blitz every frickin play.

    What do you do about these dudes? I'm trying to play in Ultimate Team mode, but I get these trolls that have better teams and just jump on me early. I either have to play from behind while they kill me or quit and receive a loss right away. I know that some people may say "well you just have to make them pay for it...." or whatever, but that's easier said than done on Ultimate Team mode when they've got such a good team.

    Oh, and why doesn't NCAA show their team rating on this mode??

  2. #2
    Blast HardCheese CockyInTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Dallas, TX
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

    I don't play ultimate team, or online dynasty, but I have managed a pretty good record in online play. I also disagree with playing what I call "Oregon style", but I punt on 4th, and play time of possession with these chumps. They usually score fast, and I will just eat up a quarter and a half on offense... Usually it gets them out of rhythm and they can't convert that 4th and 22 when they need to. It's all head games.

    Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #3
    Blue Chip GamecockStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    624

    Default Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

    Quote Originally Posted by CockyInTexas View Post
    I don't play ultimate team, or online dynasty, but I have managed a pretty good record in online play. I also disagree with playing what I call "Oregon style", but I punt on 4th, and play time of possession with these chumps. They usually score fast, and I will just eat up a quarter and a half on offense... Usually it gets them out of rhythm and they can't convert that 4th and 22 when they need to. It's all head games.

    Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks, just trying to get some stuff off the chest

  4. #4
    Game MVP lake-cityCOCK89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lake City, SC
    Posts
    1,577

    Default Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

    Run the ball, eat up clock and keep some backs in to block. I have a lot of success with 10 yard curls, outs and hitches. I read safties when I want to take a shot down the field and make sure my blocking numbers match up before I take a shot. Look at how many people they put in the box too. 1-1 to the outside is a win almost every time on all American mode (online, wish it was Heisman)

    WINNING

    As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.

  5. #5
    4-Star usc_thereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    365

    Default Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

    Quote Originally Posted by lake-cityCOCK89 View Post
    Run the ball, eat up clock and keep some backs in to block. I have a lot of success with 10 yard curls, outs and hitches. I read safties when I want to take a shot down the field and make sure my blocking numbers match up before I take a shot. Look at how many people they put in the box too. 1-1 to the outside is a win almost every time on all American mode (online, wish it was Heisman)
    Lake City in the house! I'm from Lake City. Finished high school (private) in 2002, but my parents still live there. We probably know each other. Ain't too big...

  6. #6
    Heisman Candidate sc455's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    south carolina
    Posts
    16,309

    Default Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

    Quote Originally Posted by GamecockStud View Post
    The people that go for it on 4th and 22 on their own side of the field in the first quarter when the score is 0-0, the people that ALWAYS go for two points, and the people that blitz every frickin play.

    What do you do about these dudes? I'm trying to play in Ultimate Team mode, but I get these trolls that have better teams and just jump on me early. I either have to play from behind while they kill me or quit and receive a loss right away. I know that some people may say "well you just have to make them pay for it...." or whatever, but that's easier said than done on Ultimate Team mode when they've got such a good team.

    Oh, and why doesn't NCAA show their team rating on this mode??
    who does that on a consistent basis? I haven't seen any game like that..in 40 years.

  7. #7
    Recruit airjeffdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

    I run the super no huddle no audible hurry up offense and I usually average about 80 points a game. It would be over 100 if I could play defense better.

  8. #8
    Blast HardCheese CockyInTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Dallas, TX
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

    Quote Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
    who does that on a consistent basis? I haven't seen any game like that..in 40 years.
    Just a person trying to get a leg up on his competition... A person who thinks that you have to win absolutely everything... It's a f**king game for Chrissakes!

    It's supposed to be fun, and if you can't have fun without winning, go back to the sand box.

    Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

  9. #9
    Household Name sandstorm2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    6,974

    Default Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

    If it works for them why would they stop?

  10. #10
    GAMECOCK 43 ERNIET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cope, SC
    Posts
    266

    Default Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

    It's not real. It is a game.

  11. #11
    Banned Schecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    around
    Posts
    2,479

    Default Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

    I hate people that abbreviate people with "ppl" but what can you do?

  12. #12
    Banned Schecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    around
    Posts
    2,479

    Default Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

    Quote Originally Posted by lake-cityCOCK89 View Post
    Run the ball, eat up clock and keep some backs in to block. I have a lot of success with 10 yard curls, outs and hitches. I read safties when I want to take a shot down the field and make sure my blocking numbers match up before I take a shot. Look at how many people they put in the box too. 1-1 to the outside is a win almost every time on all American mode (online, wish it was Heisman)
    If they aren't playing press coverage, 9 out of 10 times you can convert a curl.

  13. #13
    I was right about Cam uscfreek88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Columbia SC/Easley SC
    Posts
    6,493

    Default Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

    you not gonna like this answer but its the truth

    you have 3 options:

    1. get better and learn how to stop noobs like that b/c they out there for every sport game b/c every game has a glitch that ppl will exploit.....with that said it is the job of a defense to stop what an O is doing b/c other wise why would you stop it?

    2. stop playing online

    3. join a league where there are set rules that everyone must abide by (im in a madden online league and we have rules set to make the game more like real football and cut out the cheesers)...or if NCAA has communities, find one you can join where you know you will play legit players....like i said, im in a great madden one where we have about 5 leagues across the nation and pretty much at any time I can find a legit player to play if i want to.....but i dont play outside of my league games really

  14. #14
    2nd Team All-SEC wumarshall82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    3,183

    Default Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

    One thing that I like to do in this game is drop a lot of my d-line in coverage... that messes up a lot of people because a majority pass and with the d-line in coverage it definitely fills up the players screen with defenders in a passing situation. I will also keep a qb spy out there since most play with a scrambling qb. Definitely cant run generic defenses on this game since no one likes to cover it seems like.

  15. #15
    Make CAROLINA Great Again jellafever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    with USC girl
    Posts
    9,541

    Default Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

    What do I do about these dudes? Score more points than them.

    Then I drink a Sprite after every game with my pinky in the air.

  16. #16
    I was right about Cam uscfreek88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Columbia SC/Easley SC
    Posts
    6,493

    Default Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

    Quote Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
    One thing that I like to do in this game is drop a lot of my d-line in coverage... that messes up a lot of people because a majority pass and with the d-line in coverage it definitely fills up the players screen with defenders in a passing situation. I will also keep a qb spy out there since most play with a scrambling qb. Definitely cant run generic defenses on this game since no one likes to cover it seems like.
    thats a good strategy i use a good bit too....you have to use it sparingly though, b/c if they know you gonna do it and switch to a run play, you gonna be SOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •