Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EA WONT be releasing a college football game in 14...wtf

Default EA WONT be releasing a college football game in 14...wtf

Default Re: EA WONT be releasing a college football game in 14...wtf

Once the SEC backed out, it was only a matter of time. Looks like I'm gonna be buying 2014.

I just now read this. This is crazy! I haven't bought '14 yet. I still have '13 & still enjoy playing it, but I guess I'll have to get '14 now since apparently that is gonna be the last one. Guess I'll have to shift to Madden now & that sucks cause I'm not a Madden fan at all. I don't remember the last time I played Madden. This all comes down to former players who never made it in the NFL who are looking for some money. I was looking forward to a next gen college football game. Oh well.

Effin sucks.

1st Team All-American crowcutta's Avatar

it would have been nice if they attempted to put a playoff in this year's version rather than pulling their usual selling point of wait til next year. with everything they knew they easily could have put a playoff in that while it wouldnt have been completely accurate, it certainly better than using a bcs system year 2 and beyond that we know was completely inaccurate.

after that line of bs and our stadium not being updated, im not even sad to see it go.

The NCAA strikes again. I cant wait until the NCAA is demolished.

It would be cool if the SEC came out with their own game

Not the NCAA's fault here, this is the fault of 200-300k former college football players wanting a piece of the action. They've ruined it for everybody.

What if other groups decided to start crying crocodile tears too? No more GTA or Hitman -- Mafia members claim it represents their likeness. No more Splinter Cell or CoD or Ghost Recon or Metal Gear Solid or Battlefield or Gears of War -- Military members claim it represents their likeness. No SSX or Cool Boarders -- Snowboarders claim it represents their likeness.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
    Not the NCAA's fault here, this is the fault of 200-300k former college football players wanting a piece of the action. They've ruined it for everybody.

What if other groups decided to start crying crocodile tears too? No more GTA or Hitman -- Mafia members claim it represents their likeness. No more Splinter Cell or CoD or Ghost Recon or Metal Gear Solid or Battlefield or Gears of War -- Military members claim it represents their likeness. No SSX or Cool Boarders -- Snowboarders claim it represents their likeness.

You are going a little too far with this. Those guys in the other sports actually get paid some money by the gaming company. Tony Hawk Pro Skater is a big one, but the other skaters in the game got some paycheck as well. Military get's paid by Gaming companies through taxes. Mafia members wouldn't take the case since they would probably go to jail for it. This is actually the only gaming franchise where someone is taken advantage of so to speak for being in a game.

And we know this was going to happen, these players have a right to do this it's the USA. If royalties would of been given to every college football player in the game after their time at the school was up then this wouldn't be an issue. I think that would be a good idea. It isn't the end of the game as well they just aren't planning to make a game next year. I think a % royalties given to the Uni's for each college player would be great. When the players graduates or goes pro they get the royalty check. Keep on making the game it makes a good bit of money.

Apparent Sunshine Pumper Gamecocks1137's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
    You are going a little too far with this. Those guys in the other sports actually get paid some money by the gaming company. Tony Hawk Pro Skater is a big one, but the other skaters in the game got some paycheck as well. Military get's paid by Gaming companies through taxes. Mafia members wouldn't take the case since they would probably go to jail for it. This is actually the only gaming franchise where someone is taken advantage of so to speak for being in a game.

And we know this was going to happen, these players have a right to do this it's the USA. If royalties would of been given to every college football player in the game after their time at the school was up then this wouldn't be an issue. I think that would be a good idea. It isn't the end of the game as well they just aren't planning to make a game next year. I think a % royalties given to the Uni's for each college player would be great. When the players graduates or goes pro they get the royalty check. Keep on making the game it makes a good bit of money.
    I don't get it, if I ever see a real human that looks like the ones in the game, face wise, then I will run the other way because that is not normal. They look nothing alike. Scam by college players.
    "I'd rather be anywhere other than Clemson."

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter

Prodigy Entertainment

EA is being too narrow-minded here. They can still generate teams that have player rosters and then the gamers just do their own adjustments for skills and ethnicity. This is a bit much just to prove their point and its not like their scouting of players is spot on, nor are their features of players. I think Norwood was white one year so obviously it's not their biggest priority

This was clearly exploiting the players and their likenesses for EA to cash in with NCAA approval until a player stepped up. This is going to be a cash cow for when the 5 major conferences break away.

I would like to know how much the NCAA sold the likenesses of the players for? Keep in mind, unlike Professional players, the NCAA has no rights to do this. The players should get paid. The NCAA and EA suck for exploiting them . . . especially the hypocrites in the NCAA.

8 months later...you just realize this?

Clemson's playbook is screwed

Quote Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
    8 months later...you just realize this?
    ...the thread was started in September.

EA HATES US, we finally have someone to grace the cover but they quit. I smell a conspiracy.

haha had to do it

When someone whines about something and they get their way, others will whine about the result. It's just the way of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
    It would be cool if the SEC came out with their own game
    Not as cool as one with 200 some teams and stadiums.

the've made a SHIT product the last 6 years, good riddance.