Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official USMNT Thread (All Discussion, News, Games, etc here)

If C2 doesn't trust you.. CoverTwo's Avatar

Arrow The Official USMNT Thread (All Discussion, News, Games, etc here)

We have been needing one of these threads for a while. This is the official thread, all others will be deleted.

Also, this thread must stay on topic. This is not a thread for debating, complaining, or verbal trash talk between soccer and non-soccer fans. Violators will be banned.

Here are a couple of useful links:

Home Page

YouTube Channel

If anyone has any more, post them up.

So what's next on the agenda? We have a friendly against Czech-Republic on September 3rd.
    Follow me on Twitter! @Ch4ncey

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Default Re: The Official USMNT Thread (All Discussion, News, Games, etc etc here)

Big up for this thread!!!
    I'm only here for the reputation points.

Default Re: The Official USMNT Thread (All Discussion, News, Games, etc etc here)

IF the rumors that we will face Rep of Ireland Nov 18 then I think we've missed a HUGE opportunity to take advantage of the World Cup popularity by not having any home games in MAJOR markets in early September or October. Two europe based games that will be at terrible times for most of America

Sept 3 - Czech Republic
    RUMORED: Nov 18 - Republic of Ireland

Also, why these two chump squads. Why not a friendly vs Colombia, Spain or Brazil...we all need to improve and I'm a believer in "friendly's" against teams better than you.

Some player related notes:

Freddy Adu was cut during his "trial" with AZ Alkmaar in under a week...so much for "America's Pele"

Rumors are that DeAndre Yedlin is appealing to clubs who are rumored to be in discussion with Seattle Soudners FC: "Anderlecht, AS Roma, Genoa, Inter Milan, Liverpool and Lyon" Seattle FC is reportedly set the transfer bar high at $7 million.

impressive for a young talent.
    Last edited by Biocockanics; 07-14-2014 at 03:02 PM.

#15 in the new FIFA rankings. Dropped 2 spots.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

per Twitter, Landon Donovan's last USMNT game will be 10/10 against Ecuador.

We also a reminder that we have a friendly next Wednesday!

Good stuff

We play a friendly tomorrow vs Cech Republic, Klinsmann called bunch of new players.

Yep:

Guzan
    Morales
    Garza
    Orocco
    Ream
    Brooks
    Gyau
    Hyndman
    Morris
    Diskerud
    Bedoya
    Cropper
    Shea
    Rubin
    Corona
    Green
    Altidore
    Wood
    Chandler
    Rimando
    Johnson (Fabian)

Its also been announced we play Honduras Oct 14th

Guzan
    Morales
    Garza
    Orocco
    Ream
    Brooks
    Gyau
    Hyndman
    Morris
    Diskerud
    Bedoya
    Cropper
    Shea
    Rubin
    Corona
    Green
    Altidore
    Wood
    Chandler
    Rimando
    Johnson (Fabian)

These guys excite me on the USMNT and I was a little surprised they weren't in Brazil. Shea has alot of upside, but he plays the wrong position...I dont see him as a LM I see him more as a LW OR a LAM in all honesty

Hyndman. Learn the name.

All you need to know about todays game is this:

215pm EST on NBC

Don't expect much fluidity this is an extraordinarily young, young squad...average age is 23 including a 35 yr old outlier. Not much experience or age here but LOTS of talent...Hyndman, Morris, Rubio, Green are all 18 or 19.

Despite the controversy over the WC and Donovan, I'll be glad when we came move on from that propped up "mess" and move on with younger, hungrier players.

Shea has been a pet favorite of mine for a while, I was disappointed when Stoke City was going in a different direction and he had very little work to show for transfer teams...hopefully an MLS squad will grab him in January...Arthur Blank? Are you listening/reading? People have forgotten that he scored the only goals of the group-stage vs Costa Rica and in the final victory over Panama.
    Last edited by Biocockanics; 09-03-2014 at 12:59 PM.

Has Klins said what he needs to work on? I was pretty surprised he was left off the WC team. Every match I've seen him play, he has been solid.

Honestly, he's hated Shea to Stoke. He was very outspoken about it last year. Today he said it's a "bummer he's stuck at Stoke...it's bad" if you can imagine his Germanic accent saying it's a bummer...it makes me laugh a little.

Last march or may or whenever he said it's not a good move unless he's a starter, he should be playing not sitting on the sideline....he also said this which is very, very intriguing to me...

"Players make their own decisions and they have to deal with the consequences of that and by 'consequences' I mean with the situation they are facing,"

Shea was been warned that his lack of first-team action at Stoke City would damage his international chances with the USA by head coach Jurgen Klinsmann.

SO there's that...and I believe Klinsmann feels this is a chance to get some momentum for the January transfer window OR even a champions loan deal for Shea to improve internationally experienced players positions moving forward.

I love his cold calculus of the sport. it's simple and effective.

Default Re: The Official USMNT Thread (All Discussion, News, Games, etc here)

Guzan; Johnson, Orozco, Brooks, Chandler; Bedoya, Corona, Diskerud; Gyau, Altidore (c), Green

Starting 11.

Early thoughts....Green needs some strength improvement, he's been on the ground WAY too many times...but he draws fouls, I dont want that style of play here.

I like that Gyau dude. He has some skill

GREAT cross by Gyau, Altidore whiffs on a header

Also, we have NO speed.

Julian with a careless give away that almost led to a breakaway goal. That was pretty bad.

Green looks bad...very

We have no spatial awareness and 0 threat aside from Gyau

Altidore continues ti unimpress me and makes me feel that i would start someone else and have him come in late.