Thread: Fed rate remains unchanged

Default Fed rate remains unchanged

Federal Reserve keeps rates unchanged but still on pace for quarter percent by to he end of the year. Vote was 9-1 in favor of keeping the rate the same.

I'm disappointed in this. A small rate change would have been fine. What happens if things go bad from here? Fed has no power to do anything.

Default Re: Fed rate remains unchanged

Quote Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
    Federal Reserve keeps rates unchanged but still on pace for quarter percent by to he end of the year. Vote was 9-1 in favor of keeping the rate the same.

I'm disappointed in this. A small rate change would have been fine. What happens if things go bad from here? Fed has no power to do anything.
    People have been asking that for years.

Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    People have been asking that for years.
    Yeah but now there are signals around the globe. Yes, we are OK right now and I think we will be for a bit. Fed better hope we can sustain what we have right now.

Almost seems like the decision to keep the rates the same was based on what was happening around the world, not here. I don't think the Fed should be looking abroad to make decisions at home. I think our economy could handle a rate hike. I think we needed one.

Fed is absolutely stupid. While many may not have liked it, most expected a rate change. Now they didn't and the market is freaking out.

More importantly, there are now some bear signs out there. If that happens, Fed can't do a thing because they left the rate at 0.

Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.