Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 764

Thread: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

  1. #1
    If C2 doesn't trust you.. CoverTwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    40,353

    Default The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    It's become quite clear that we need one of these.

    This'll be pretty much a commitment watch thread going forward.
    Follow me on Twitter! @Ch4ncey

    As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

  2. #2
    Recruiting Aficionado AtlantaSportsGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cola
    Posts
    1,301

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    A+ idea.
    Follow @Atlantasportguy


  3. #3
    Two Deep davisd9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC
    Posts
    1,228

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    I like it!


    Sent from the Strut Zone

  4. #4
    1st Team All-American Lalli25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Aldie, Va
    Posts
    10,455

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    I know it has been said by many already, but I love the emphasis on "spurs up" and creating a unifying slogan that is truly ours.

  5. #5
    Music Lover 2k15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,491

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
    It's become quite clear that we need one of these.

    This'll be pretty much a commitment watch thread going forward.
    So basically solely post when there is a new commit, or does this expand to just talking about any and all recruiting news?
    Do ya thing

  6. #6
    Two Deep davisd9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC
    Posts
    1,228

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    I hope we get a #SpursUp tomorrow from Miami!


    Sent from the Strut Zone

  7. #7
    Bowl MVP CackDiesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mt. Pleasant
    Posts
    2,391

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    C2, what's your opinion on recruiting right now? Where do we end up and who with?


  8. #8
    Heisman Winner Master Bedroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Upstairs
    Posts
    21,640

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
    I know it has been said by many already, but I love the emphasis on "spurs up" and creating a unifying slogan that is truly ours.
    In the short time he's been at USC Muschamp has done a really good job at trying to establish a brand with marketability. I have been thoroughly impressed with what this staff has done in such a short time, excited to see what they can do with a full year to work with. After the coaches are hired and signing day I hope he will reach out to former players, especially the ones in the league still, and get/keep them involved with the program. He seems like the type to cover all of his basis though.

  9. #9
    Music Lover 2k15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,491

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    I don't see why we don't have polls on all the threads. Some may not like it, but if there was a poll simply asking weather or not you believe based on your judgement and sources the kid would end up at USC, we would avoid the constant "does everyone think we'll get this guy" question. Nothing against anyone who asks, I just think we'd all have a better understanding of what we should expect.
    Do ya thing

  10. #10
    Blue Chip fridayserv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    aiken
    Posts
    954

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
    It's become quite clear that we need one of these.

    This'll be pretty much a commitment watch thread going forward.
    Can we keep this to only recruits and new hire coaches!!!

  11. #11
    The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Conway, SC
    Posts
    17,529

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
    I don't see why we don't have polls on all the threads. Some may not like it, but if there was a poll simply asking weather or not you believe based on your judgement and sources the kid would end up at USC, we would avoid the constant "does everyone think we'll get this guy" question. Nothing against anyone who asks, I just think we'd all have a better understanding of what we should expect.
    Only problem with that is, the recruiting process of a prospect can take a long time, and have ups and downs where most will think he's coming to USC for a few months, then suddenly most think he's going somewhere else, or vice-versa. But the poll will still have all the votes back when most thought he was ours....

    Unless the polls were fluid where people can un-vote/change their votes as the process moves along (like 247sports' crystal ball feature). But I don't think this message boards' poll feature allows for that...

  12. #12
    Cocky Metalhead GamecockWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    778

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
    So basically solely post when there is a new commit, or does this expand to just talking about any and all recruiting news?
    I believe the 2016 and 2017 Recruiting Impressions threads are for any and all recruiting news so to speak.

    I think what this thread is intended to be is to alert folks to when there is someone on the verge of making a commitment or when a #SpursUp is posted on Twitter. Stuff like that.

    But I could be wrong.

  13. #13
    4-Star TakeEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    358

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    Who is on the list now?

    Any targets announcing soon?

  14. #14
    Heisman Candidate sc455's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    south carolina
    Posts
    16,291

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TakeEM View Post
    Who is on the list now?

    Any targets announcing soon?
    keir thomas..announcing tomorrow.
    Last edited by sc455; 12-24-2015 at 08:26 AM.

  15. #15
    I am the liquor Jim Lahey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    5,072

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GamecockWarrior View Post
    I believe the 2016 and 2017 Recruiting Impressions threads are for any and all recruiting news so to speak.

    I think what this thread is intended to be is to alert folks to when there is someone on the verge of making a commitment or when a #SpursUp is posted on Twitter. Stuff like that.

    But I could be wrong.
    This

  16. #16
    Banned b381l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    35,984

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
    In the short time he's been at USC Muschamp has done a really good job at trying to establish a brand with marketability. I have been thoroughly impressed with what this staff has done in such a short time, excited to see what they can do with a full year to work with. After the coaches are hired and signing day I hope he will reach out to former players, especially the ones in the league still, and get/keep them involved with the program. He seems like the type to cover all of his basis though.
    He's already done that with Andre Goodman and several others........he realizes we all need to be on the same page.

  17. #17
    Banned b381l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    35,984

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
    kier thomas..announcing tomorrow.
    Ridley Jan 2

  18. #18
    Blue Chip wildwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    712

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    #spursup hashtag on Twitter

    https://twitter.com/hashtag/spursup

  19. #19
    Household Name uscGRAD04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Neeses
    Posts
    5,872

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    Spursup for what?!?!

  20. #20
    Blue Chip wildwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    712

    Default Re: The Official "#SpursUp" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
    Spursup for what?!?!
    Link to all #spursup hashtags on Twitter.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •