Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 RB - Tank Bigsby

Running in a Sandstorm Gamecockboyo's Avatar

Default Re: 2020 - Tank Bigsby

Quote Originally Posted by CockFrmStateFarm View Post
    Hearing strong rumors of Tank being a silent commit to us. If that's true, huge pickup and would love it to become public soon. After seeing Clemson pull in all these high value kids, I could use a pick me up.
    A commitment could come at the end of this month.

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

Default Re: 2020 RB - Tank Bigsby

Bump: you're next, Tank.....

He just followed Marshawn on Twitter!

Section 509, Row 13 garnet_black215's Avatar

Da’Qon Stewart might have let the cat out of the bag on twitter

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

UGA fans were all in on getting Lloyd, but to be fair, not even Gamecock fans were talking about Lloyd in recent weeks. UGA fans also have said for a while now, that Bigsby was 3rd behind Kendall Milton and Lloyd, and that he wanted to go to UGA, and if UGA missed out on either the other two, Bigsby would be in the mix. So they are talking about going hard after Bigsby now.

I don't know if much of anything about that is true, but Bigsby was leaning hard towards us, and UGA hasn't gotten anyone yet (they also lost out on the FL RB prospect that chose Clemson earlier, too), so sounds like it may be typical Bulldog braggadocio, but we'll see....

Man that would be a fantastic RB haul if we get both. Not unheard of being that we’ll need both next year with so many graduating.

Quote Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
    UGA fans were all in on getting Lloyd, but to be fair, not even Gamecock fans were talking about Lloyd in recent weeks. UGA fans also have said for a while now, that Bigsby was 3rd behind Kendall Milton and Lloyd, and that he wanted to go to UGA, and if UGA missed out on either the other two, Bigsby would be in the mix. So they are talking about going hard after Bigsby now.

I don't know if much of anything about that is true, but Bigsby was leaning hard towards us, and UGA hasn't gotten anyone yet (they also lost out on the FL RB prospect that chose Clemson earlier, too), so sounds like it may be typical Bulldog braggadocio, but we'll see....
    I could see Tank being turned off by UGA putting him in back burner when a top 35 player in the nation. I see USC long term attention would get him over UGA’s back up plan approach.

I still feel really good about Tank. UGA is going hard after Milton, and I think they are trying to get in with Zachary Evans. My understanding is that Evans is probably staying instate (Texas). I would not be surprised to see them come hard after Tank.

Just a reminder to folks of his scheduled OFFICIAL visit this coming weekend!

Supports Open Carry greatwhitecock's Avatar

Any rumblings yet concerning Georgia coming after Tank yet? Or are they snubbing the instate stud back yet again? Hopefully the 2nd! I really want this guy in the garnet and black running with ML. Talk about dynamic
    Dabo Swinney is the Benny Hinn of college ball.
    Just a dabo that DabOstarine showed up.

UGA is in Zach Evans top 5. That's who they are gunning for, if he chooses another school I could see them making a push for Tank. They've taken multiple 5 star backs in their last couple of classes, im under the impression they may only take one rb this cycle (they have zesus swift cook, and probably a couple of other guys im forgetting).

I think they take two and as of this moment are shooting for the moon. They are going hard after Evans and Milton. They feel good about Milton.

Running in a Sandstorm Gamecockboyo's Avatar

streetcarl if youre nasty TheWeave09's Avatar

The idea of having two backs is appealing to a lot of these guys. They know the avg shelf life of an nfl or sec RB and having to carry the load by yourself is not too enticing. Lloyd committing helps us with tank

Lloyd and Bigsby would be one Hell of a two headed monster in the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeave09 View Post
    The idea of having two backs is appealing to a lot of these guys. They know the avg shelf life of an nfl or sec RB and having to carry the load by yourself is not too enticing. Lloyd committing helps us with tank
    I agree. This is not the days of old where the NFL is looking for 1000 yard RB's, they look for players that can make the most out of the opportunities they get and can stay healthy. Having two elite RB's is actually a good thing for the players, it saves their body's for the NFL.

streetcarl if youre nasty TheWeave09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecockboyo View Post
    What are your thoughts on if UGA comes on strong? I mean it has to be clear that he is and always has been a backup option but I just have a suspicion that they are about to really turn up the heat on him

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeave09 View Post
    What are your thoughts on if UGA comes on strong? I mean it has to be clear that he is and always has been a backup option but I just have a suspicion that they are about to really turn up the heat on him
    He is far from a backup option, Coach Brown has emphasized how he wants a two headed monster in the backfield. RB’s today don’t need to be 1000 yard rushers to make it to the NFL, they just need to stay healthy and make the most of their touches.

Quote Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
    He is far from a backup option, Coach Brown has emphasized how he wants a two headed monster in the backfield. RB’s today don’t need to be 1000 yard rushers to make it to the NFL, they just need to stay healthy and make the most of their touches.
    I think he meant back-up option of UGA as they had numerous guys ahead of him. Even a couple guys from way out in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
    I think he meant back-up option of UGA as they had numerous guys ahead of him. Even a couple guys from way out in Texas.
    Gotcha.