Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2020 RB - Tank Bigsby

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

Default Re: 2020 RB - Tank Bigsby

Quote Originally Posted by gamecockclint View Post
    Yep. He actually got there last night.
    And reportedly brought his family along too....

Will be at Auburn tomorrow with his family

Yeah, Tank brought the family down to compare to Auburn I guess. All good I think, as Tank will still end up in Cola when all’s said and done.

Was on our campus on Saturday and back at Auburn on Sunday. Really hard to read whatís going on with him. He surely is down to us and Auburn. I guess he wanted to get back there before the dead period. I give him credit, he is giving both sides equal chance to win his services.
    Q:Why did the Rooster cross the road?
    A:To kick a Tiger's Ass

Guessing he will announce at the opening this week or shortly thereafter. Hopefully he will enjoy spending team-time with Doty and Lloyd

If C2 doesn't trust you.. CoverTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
    Was on our campus on Saturday and back at Auburn on Sunday. Really hard to read what’s going on with him. He surely is down to us and Auburn. I guess he wanted to get back there before the dead period. I give him credit, he is giving both sides equal chance to win his services.
    Its going to come down to whether he wants to be a duo with Lloyd. Auburn has him convinced he is a lead back.
    Follow me on Twitter! @Ch4ncey

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
    Its going to come down to whether he wants to be a duo with Lloyd. Auburn has him convinced he is a lead back.
    While he certainly is capable of being a lead back another angle to look at is splitting carries in college will help preserve his body for the NFL.

Which is so dumb, and this isn't a knock on Tank or pumping for Carolina, but the way the game is headed, you're seeing less and less "feature backs". That position takes the most hits of anyone on the field, so coaches are starting to use more caution to not run their guys into the ground.
    Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
    I agree with Cack.

Iím too lazy to look back and see if this point was posted here or if I saw it somewhere else but what makes that ironic is that Auburnís RB coach, Cadillac Williams, is pitching him the lead back spot when Cadillac was very productive splitting time with Ronnie Brown when he was at AU. One of the best RB duos in SEC history.

You really don't have to look any further than Georgia with Gurley and Chubb. Gurley was drafted even though he had knee issues in college. I would bet if he were the feature back, those knee injuries would have shown up much sooner and he likely never sees the NFL. As a RB all you need to show in college is that you are talented, anything further than that is diminishing returns. If you can get two studs, that's best for the school and the players.
    Q:Why did the Rooster cross the road?
    A:To kick a Tiger's Ass

Quote Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
    Gurley and Chubb
    I'd say it went Gurley/Marshall and Chubb/Michel which only further justifies your advocating of a 2 back concept. Bama has had success with this as well, and there's no reason we can't either.
    How many kids are going to listen to Dabo say "aw shucks, if yew join ush, I'll promise yuh a natty ring and a fifty grayund, hyuk hyuk..." - 2k15