Thread: READ BEFORE POSTING

Arrow READ BEFORE POSTING

Over the past few weeks there's been a lot of issues in The Proving Ground. We've (mods) have stepped away from the ban hammer recently, and have attempted to let everyone be adults here. That has proven to be a bad move on our part, and is going to change.

One of our biggest rules on CockyTalk is no personal attacks. Basically, have a discussion, maybe even a heated one, but do so like an adult.

Example: "Smoove you're drunk and clearly can't see the obvious." Acceptable
    "Smoove you're a raging alcoholic piece of **** and I hope you die and they bury you in a Clemson coffin." Not Acceptable.

The next most important rule, and maybe even more important than number 1 while in The Proving Ground is no recruit bashing. It has been said more times that once from recruits that they read message boards to see what fans are saying about them. We will not have a recruit commit to another school because of something that is said on CockyTalk.

Example: "I just think Recruit X's footwork is too slow to play at this level." Acceptable
    "Recruit X got paid to play and he's a piece of **** anyway so and I hope he blows out both knees on his first play." While maybe factually accurate ... Not Acceptable

Which leads me to one more thing. If you're the clown that keeps 1 staring recruit threads, please stop. This may have nothing to do with the recruit personally, but just like posting a negative comment, if a recruit comes on CockyTalk and sees his thread and it has a 1 star rating ... doesn't look good.

If you have problems with a poster, block them. This is your last warning. The ban hammer will be swift and it'll carry a long sentence.
    Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
    I agree with Cack.

Default Re: READ BEFORE POSTING

Lol at the Smoove examples

In a Van down by the river in Boiling Springs, SC

Thank you!
    (LOL at Smoove too)
    Jake, from State Farm, IS A GAMECOCK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cack View Post
    "and they bury you in a Clemson coffin."

Fighting words
    are written or spoken words, generally expressed to incite hatred or violence from their target.
    GOD
    USA
    SEC

I agree. Mods just need to make sure they enforce it fairly and consistently. Don't think that's too much to ask from both mods and members.

I couldn't agree more. That one statement about a Clemson Coffin is way out of bounds. I mean, that is eternity man!
    Go Cocks!

Cack I'm wondering if this is an intervention for the Proving Grounds or a secret intervention where you're trying to tell Smoove he has a drinking problem.

1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar

LOL. I think Cack cut and pasted from one of my posts about Smoovie for his "Not Acceptable" example.

Agree with all of the comments, especially the recruit bashing. It seems like 25% of the recruits that get bashed wind up here eventually - look at the likes of Character, Stephen Davis Junior, Ty'Son. Then it is too late to take it back.

The hard part is not responding to personal attacks in kind - learned my lesson on that one. As Ben Boulware would say, "Sometimes you have to turn the other cheek".

Oops - I think what Boulware actually said was "You have to grab the other (a**) cheek". Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by cack View Post
    Over the past few weeks there's been a lot of issues in The Proving Ground. We've (mods) have stepped away from the ban hammer recently, and have attempted to let everyone be adults here. That has proven to be a bad move on our part, and is going to change.

One of our biggest rules on CockyTalk is no personal attacks. Basically, have a discussion, maybe even a heated one, but do so like an adult.

Example: "Smoove you're drunk and clearly can't see the obvious." Acceptable
    "Smoove you're a raging alcoholic piece of **** and I hope you die and they bury you in a Clemson coffin." Not Acceptable.

The next most important rule, and maybe even more important than number 1 while in The Proving Ground is no recruit bashing. It has been said more times that once from recruits that they read message boards to see what fans are saying about them. We will not have a recruit commit to another school because of something that is said on CockyTalk.

Example: "I just think Recruit X's footwork is too slow to play at this level." Acceptable
    "Recruit X got paid to play and he's a piece of **** anyway so and I hope he blows out both knees on his first play." While maybe factually accurate ... Not Acceptable

Which leads me to one more thing. If you're the clown that keeps 1 staring recruit threads, please stop. This may have nothing to do with the recruit personally, but just like posting a negative comment, if a recruit comes on CockyTalk and sees his thread and it has a 1 star rating ... doesn't look good.

If you have problems with a poster, block them. This is your last warning. The ban hammer will be swift and it'll carry a long sentence.
    ..I agree wiff Cack....with the exception of the klempzun coffin thing..

Chief Hendrix told me smoove had a drinking problem and kept his liqueur in a clempson coffin and for the longest time I thought he was just full of crap.

..I agree wiff Cack....with the exception of the klempzun coffin thing..
    Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

I agree with Cack.

Isn't a clempson coffin just an old refrigerator box with "Nashunal Champs!" and a tiger paw done with orange spray paint on the side?