Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WBB: Leticia Amihere #2 in 2019

Default Re: WBB: Leticia Amihere #2 in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by USCharleston2 View Post
    Mighty confident bunch over there. I would've thought that if we were going up against an elite and successful program like ours they'd be a little more apprehensive. Hopefully, Frank could tell Dawn how to close out on these elite Canadian ballers.
    I would be confident if I was them too. Name the last player we beat Louisville for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockfather View Post
    I would be confident if I was them too. Name the last player we beat Louisville for.
    Good question. Was it A'ja, Ty, Destinee? Who's the last player they beat us for? Normally when we're up against them for a recruit UConn, Notre Dame, Baylor, etc. are in the final group and we usually lose out to one of them. I could be wrong tho.
    Last edited by USCharleston2; 09-13-2018 at 12:17 PM.

1st Team All-American Cockhornleghorn's Avatar

What was the score the last time we played Louisville? I was there and the game was in Springfield, Ma. We blew them out.

Mighty confident bunch over there. I would've thought that if we were going up against an elite and successful program like ours they'd be a little more apprehensive. Hopefully, Frank could tell Dawn how to close out on these elite Canadian ballers.

Not really following this one.

Louisville was in the Final Four last season, their coach's 3rd in 11 years.

They are a pretty comparable program to South Carolina and generally speaking have recruited as well or better.

They didn't seem all that confident.

Anyway, her having two Kentucky schools on the list to go along with Notre Dame visit, makes me think she may have some tie that part of the Midwest.

South Carolina could really use a recruiting victory on true post.

Good question. Was it A'ja, Ty, Destinee? Who's the last player they beat us for? Normally when we're up against them for a recruit UConn, Notre Dame, Baylor, etc. are in the final group and we usually lose out to one of them. I could be wrong tho.

Pretty sure we recruited Asia Durr, Jazmine Jones, Zambrotta, and Cierra Johnson.

That's kewl. I don't follow any other WBB teams other than ours. When a recruit signs with another team I look on the list to the next one. When we lost to UConn in the final 8 I stopped watching the tourney until the final. Our recruiting could be a lot better, but I can't knock what Dawn has done with what she has to work with. Hopefully Leticia will want to be a part of it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VBCock View Post
    Pretty sure we recruited Asia Durr, Jazmine Jones, Zambrotta, and Cierra Johnson.
    We did. Louisville and Baylor are two schools I hate to go up against in recruiting.

The Louisville board is conflicted. Some think she’s down to the Kentucky schools and SC.. others think it’s Louisville and SC. Who really knows.

All I know is that we REALLY need a big time recruiting victory.

Laeticia Amihere will visit us next weekend!!! But deal! She and Aliyah Boston are the 2 best post in the class!!

She already has dunked and dominated, but Laeticia Amihere may be stronger than ever

Down to USC, UK and Louisville. Notre Dame out despite her recent visit. Last year, I didn’t believe we would be a factor for her.
    Last edited by JDuro; 10-11-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
    She already has dunked and dominated, but Laeticia Amihere may be stronger than ever

Down to USC, UK and Louisville. Notre Dame out despite her recent visit. Last year, I didn’t believe we would be a factor for her.
    Wow - right in the hunt....I hope we can close the deal here - we certainly could use her!

Thanks for the article!! Hopefully Coach Staley close the deal.. Finishing with Amihere, Beal, Jackson and Cooke would be fantastic...

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    Thanks for the article!! Hopefully Coach Staley close the deal.. Finishing with Amihere, Beal, Jackson and Cooke would be fantastic...
    Would be a dream class for sure.

MSU got a fourth commitment yesterday which, assuming they have no walk ons or anyone transfers out, thatputs them at 14 for 2019, so they don’t have room for both Cooke and Jackson if they’re intent to play together.

Would be a dream class for sure.

MSU got a fourth commitment yesterday which, assuming they have no walk ons or anyone transfers out, thatputs them at 14 for 2019, so they don’t have room for both Cooke and Jackson if they’re intent to play together.
    Vic just ran another young lady off to sell Cooke and Jackson he has room for both.. Counting transfers his class is already at 7. He has scheduled an in home with Cooke this week. I get the feeling Dawn and LawLaw will get this done. Vic seems to be in chaos and panic mode. But with recruiting you never know!

Iggy Allen is the young lady Vic ran off today!!!
    Last edited by AmonRa777; 10-11-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    Vic just ran another young lady off to sell Cooke and Jackson he has room for both.. Counting transfers his class is already at 7. He has scheduled an in home with Cooke this week. I get the feeling Dawn and LawLaw will get this done. Vic seems to be in chaos and panic mode. But with recruiting you never know!

Iggy Allen is the young lady Vic ran off today!!!
    “Saint Vic” did WHAT?!?! Wow, I guess he’s not so pure as they make him out to be. This is definitely a move to make room for both Cooke and Jackson. Hopefully they get neither.

Jacaira “Iggy” Allen is a player we once recruited by the way. I’m sure that door is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
    “Saint Vic” did WHAT?!?! Wow, I guess he’s not so pure as they make him out to be. This is definitely a move to make room for both Cooke and Jackson. Hopefully they get neither.

Jacaira “Iggy” Allen is a player we once recruited by the way. I’m sure that door is closed.
    Vic had me fooled for quite a while.. But this off season has opened my eyes!!

1st Team All-American Cockhornleghorn's Avatar

I think Leticia will be a Gamecock. We're her last visit, it will be gorgeous this weekend and she wants to major in Sports Management, which is a well reviewed program at USC.The stars are aligned.

1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar

Leticia "Am I there or" Amihere? Well, she needs to be here.

I just don't see how a top recruit would even have to think about the decision - playing for Vic or Dawn. One is a legend as a player - college and pro - and coach. An Olympian both as player and coach.

Unless they are getting solid gold cowbells on their recruiting visits....

We mark all the checks she wants hope its us she chooses she ultra athletic...

Not sure when Laeticia arrived but looks like she left last night. She posted some pics from her visit on her IG stories and opened up her asks saying that her flight had been delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
    Leticia "Am I there or" Amihere? Well, she needs to be here.

I just don't see how a top recruit would even have to think about the decision - playing for Vic or Dawn. One is a legend as a player - college and pro - and coach. An Olympian both as player and coach.

Unless they are getting solid gold cowbells on their recruiting visits....
    Agreed on all points. Amihere is deciding between SC, Louisville and Kentucky though.