Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: FBI Charges of Fraud & Corruption In College Basketball

1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar

Default Re: FBI Charges of Fraud & Corruption In College Basketball

Wiser, you have to take into account the players that Frank recruited and were on the roster, but did not play or were limited last year. With a reasonably healthy team, we make the NCAA easily (IMO). Even with the injuries, we still had a shot at the NCAAs until late in the year when Lawson went down. And that does not take into account one of our best recruits, Couisnard, being held out due to the Clearing House.

And as far as making the NCAA tournament, I still contend that we deserved a bid the year before the Final Four, and would have made the NCAA again in the year after the Final Four if one of three PGs was available - if Dozier stuck around, Rah had not melted down, or if Kory Holden had not gotten hurt (twice), which resulted in him going on a "seefood" diet.

I am pumped about the talent that we have coming in AND coming back (DNP last year) - Cousinard, Moss, Bolden. IMO (again) - this is the most talented and deepest team that Frank has had. And we know he can coach, so we just need to sit back, enjoy, and watch it all develop. Success will bring in the in-state kids. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jleo View Post
    It's pretty clear to me that this issue has run off recruits. There's no other explanation for not being able to capitalize on our first in history Final Four. In my opinion, this black cloud is passing, if not gone.
    I don't see it that way. I see it as we had a good hot streak going and recruits saw that run as a flash in the pan. The Final Four run to me is proof that Frank Martin can coach, not that is some dawning of a new era for the Program. That kind of change does not happen over night especially when you lose as much talent as we lost right after that run.

Quote Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
    I don't see it that way. I see it as we had a good hot streak going and recruits saw that run as a flash in the pan. The Final Four run to me is proof that Frank Martin can coach, not that is some dawning of a new era for the Program. That kind of change does not happen over night especially when you lose as much talent as we lost right after that run.
    A lot of people think that had Dozier and Felder played the next year that we would have had back to back NCAA appearances for only the second time in our history. Seems rational to think so although there is no way to know for sure.

If Lamont Evans was engaged in paying players while he was at SC we will be named in the NCAA investigation simply because he was here and we made the FF. Even if we are not a primary target I am almost certain we will be a secondary target of the NCAA.

I hope the University is ready to respond quickly and fully to any NOI.

I remember Frank saying in a presser that Matt Figger was the one who found Duane Notice.

We'll be okay if we are not named by the NCAA.

Decided to post in Locker Room thread instead.

1st Team All-American Cockhornleghorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
    A lot of people think that had Dozier and Felder played the next year that we would have had back to back NCAA appearances for only the second time in our history. Seems rational to think so although there is no way to know for sure.

If Lamont Evans was engaged in paying players while he was at SC we will be named in the NCAA investigation simply because he was here and we made the FF. Even if we are not a primary target I am almost certain we will be a secondary target of the NCAA.

I hope the University is ready to respond quickly and fully to any NOI.
    Third time: 1971-1974 and 1997 and 98.