Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RECTEC SMOKERS

Default RECTEC SMOKERS

Anybody have one of these or have friends that have them. Looks like a nice smoker. It is a pellet smoker.

Default Re: RECTEC SMOKERS

Doubt I’ll ever own a pellet smoker but if I did I’d most likely go with a Yoder...I like the direct grill option it has.

Purchased a RecTec Mini last year.. it is an awesome grill. Can do low and slow up to around 500*. Got the sear kit as well and works great for steaks, chops etc. The Mini will cook 2 10lb. Boston Butts, 4-5 racks of ribs using a standing rib rack and roughly 16 burgers. Great smoke flavor.. burn any pellet you like. Ready to cook on in about 10 minutes. Customer service is top notch. They are in Augusta Ga so if you aren't too far you could see them in their showroom.

My good friend has the middle size one and that's the one I am looking at. I have a ceramic cooker now and enjoy it, but I think that I would like one of these for low and slow cooking. I live very close to Augusta, GA and will check them out this week.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had one as we do have a lot of great cooks on this site and I always enjoy reading about what everyone is cooking.

If you already have a ceramic it seems like this would duplicate part of what it does. I would go with a dedicated smoker like the Bradley and use the egg for your higher temp/grilling needs.
    Order Of The Spur

I miss Old Cocky Talk

I have one and I can say for that money is great

Quote Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
    If you already have a ceramic it seems like this would duplicate part of what it does. I would go with a dedicated smoker like the Bradley and use the egg for your higher temp/grilling needs.

Hey Yancey, that's just what I was thinking of doing. The ceramic cookers are great in their own way, but after seeing the RECTEC Smoker in person and tasting some food off of it, I think that is the way I may go. I like to take my time while doing these type of things to make sure that I get what is best for me and the way I like to do things.

I will say that I have always enjoyed reading your posts on many subjects, but especially the ones on cooking/grilling. You have a great style and put it down on script in a good and funny way. Keep it up as there are many of us that cannot get enough of reading about grilling/smoking/and cooking of all different types of meats and dishes.

Still got the burn for a RECTEC Smoker. This might be the month to get one.

Still not pulled the plug on getting me one yet! I have had far too many home repair projects going on. Anyone out there purchased one lately? Several of my close friends have one and they are all very happy about the purchase. I like the "slow & low temp cooking" and even though as I have stated earlier I do have a ceramic cooker and it is great for what it does, but I think the RECTEC is the real deal on slow cooking.

They have upgraded to a larger version one now and it is painted black instead of red & black like the other ones. It looks solid and is something I think a serious backyard pit master would love to have. Got a few more home projects to get out of the way and I think I am going to get me one of these.

Anyone out there have one already?

Finally got my RECTEC PELLET/SMOKER RT-700 - BULL
    and it is awesome. Did two Boston Butts and a Crown Pork Chop Roast for the large Christmas Eve Dinner we have every year at the house and everyone loved the meat. I am still getting use to it, but everything so far has been great and I am looking forward to trying more and more things to slow cook on it.

Been caught moddin' Spur's Addiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
    They have upgraded to a larger version one now and it is painted black instead of red & black like the other ones. It looks solid and is something I think a serious backyard pit master would love to have. Got a few more home projects to get out of the way and I think I am going to get me one of these.

Anyone out there have one already?

Nice!

Welcome to smoking! Oh, glad you got a smoker too. You will need that sine you will have the munchies from the smoking.
    Order Of The Spur

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Quote Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
    Finally got my RECTEC PELLET/SMOKER RT-700 - BULL
    and it is awesome. Did two Boston Butts and a Crown Pork Chop Roast for the large Christmas Eve Dinner we have every year at the house and everyone loved the meat. I am still getting use to it, but everything so far has been great and I am looking forward to trying more and more things to slow cook on it.
    Congratulations. Looks like a good choice. I bought a Camp Chef about 18 months ago and it does great work. Smoked two 18lb turkeys for Thanksgiving this year that were outstanding. Boston butts are a family favorite.

My neighbor has 2. Just a cool note about their customer service. Her first caught fire and they sent her a new one without charging a dime. The old one still works and we never figured out what happened so now she has a backup one. She loves it and has had it for a couple of years now. Uses it almost everyday. Enjoy!

GO COCKS!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatord View Post
    My neighbor has 2. Just a cool note about their customer service. Her first caught fire and they sent her a new one without charging a dime. The old one still works and we never figured out what happened so now she has a backup one. She loves it and has had it for a couple of years now. Uses it almost everyday. Enjoy!

Could have been a grease fire? I lined the bottom of my stainless steel drip pan with aluminum foil and most folks that I have talked to about changing out their aluminum foil state it depends on how much grease you get from the food you are cooking. A Boston Butt will produce a lot of grease versus a leaner cut of meat. I would just keep an eye on how much grease is on the tin foil and change that out as needed.

You are right about their customer service department as they will do whatever it takes to make you a happy customer.

Quote Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
    Congratulations. Looks like a good choice. I bought a Camp Chef about 18 months ago and it does great work. Smoked two 18lb turkeys for Thanksgiving this year that were outstanding. Boston butts are a family favorite.

Thanks and I will check your brand of smoker too as I like to learn about all different types and styles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
    Welcome to smoking! Oh, glad you got a smoker too. You will need that sine you will have the munchies from the smoking.

Hey Yancey,

Is it true that they hardiest thing about "smoking a turnkey is trying to to keep it lit" while smoking it???

One of my cooking buds has a FB group that covers smoking along with SV. He is mostly a Camp Chef guy but they cover all types. It is: Sous Vide, Barbecue, Smoking, Grilling - Fire & Water Cooking
    Order Of The Spur

I miss Old Cocky Talk

If this rain will "EVER STOP" - I think I would like to cook some St. Louis Style Ribs on my RECTEC this weekend. The weatherman is calling for sunshine on Saturday and Sunday!!!!

I have already did Boston Butts, Pork Chop Crown Roast, and made some outstanding "Smoke Salmon".

Rain - Rain - Please Go Away!!!