Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 87

Thread: 2020 RB Commitment - Marshawn Lloyd

  1. #41
    1st Team All-American Lalli25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Aldie, Va
    Posts
    10,454

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    Quote Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
    Not to be the debbie downer, but what are the chances this commitment holds?
    I think with this elaborate video that it’s highly unlikely he decommits.

  2. #42
    I was the white shadow. cockymac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    4,849

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    He looks like he has the build of someone that has been in college for a year or two already. Huge biceps for a guys that is still a high school junior.

  3. #43
    1st Team All-SEC pitchcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Johns Island SC
    Posts
    4,293

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
    Big surprise. Thought Tank Bigsby was the big gun they were looking for.
    From what Iíve heard Tank may already be a silent.

    If so we should be done at RB. We have both of our big guns.

  4. #44
    Game MVP Cockygaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,737

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    I've heard 2, and Tank sent Lloyd a message on twitter asking for a follow back. This is a huge pickup for USC!

  5. #45
    Music Lover 2k15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,474

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    Taternet is definitely blowing up. I saw around 10 threads on Lloyd. Stuff like "he's only at USC because he's salty he couldn't be a tiger" (even though he was offered by Clemson, would be their highest rated back, and had them in his top 5), or "it won't matter because he's not that good of a player anyways" or "it does;t matter because muschamp sucks, they'll lose anyways"
    Do ya thing

  6. #46
    Game MVP Cockygaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,737

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
    Taternet is definitely blowing up. I saw around 10 threads on Lloyd. Stuff like "he's only at USC because he's salty he couldn't be a tiger" (even though he was offered by Clemson, would be their highest rated back, and had them in his top 5), or "it won't matter because he's not that good of a player anyways" or "it does;t matter because muschamp sucks, they'll lose anyways"
    What else is new? "Oh, we didn't really want him. We got a 3* that is much better than a top 30 player" (Granted Pryor is good, but come on.) I get so tired of the garbage people say. It is just them trying to rationalize Carolina getting a 5* back, especially one from out of state. Much like we do when they get a 5* from somewhere odd.

    (No I never believe we just cooled on a kid unless it is reported beforehand)

  7. #47
    If C2 doesn't trust you.. CoverTwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    40,353

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    Pretty sure Tank has been a silent for over 2 months.
    Follow me on Twitter! @Ch4ncey

    As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

  8. #48
    1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,409

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    Quote Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
    Pretty sure Tank has been a silent for over 2 months.
    This coming weekend could be absolutely HUGE!!

  9. #49
    Household Name roosterdude21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    S. Carolina
    Posts
    5,228

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    Hiring and then promoting McClendon has really paid dividends.

  10. #50
    Bowl MVP JohnnyB21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Schuylkill Haven, Pa
    Posts
    2,028

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    I think they want Tank too. I was reading some of the tweet reactions and one of the recruits talked about having both of them. Wondering if he's a silent.
    Eh.. on to 2019.

  11. #51
    Recruit CockFrmStateFarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
    I think they want Tank too. I was reading some of the tweet reactions and one of the recruits talked about having both of them. Wondering if he's a silent.
    I think it's safe to say that Getting Lloyd has not negatively affected our chances with Tank. If anything, it made them better because coach Thomas has been wanting a 2 headed machine at RB. This is that 2 headed machine if/when Tank commits. They will be split time and stay healthier. My guess is Tank makes it official and commits to us this weekend and we will instantly have 2 of the best RBs we've ever had.
    Just a smoking Cock

  12. #52
    Super Moderator smoovecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Dixie
    Posts
    21,355

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    Quote Originally Posted by CockFrmStateFarm View Post
    I think it's safe to say that Getting Lloyd has not negatively affected our chances with Tank. If anything, it made them better because coach Thomas has been wanting a 2 headed machine at RB. This is that 2 headed machine if/when Tank commits. They will be split time and stay healthier. My guess is Tank makes it official and commits to us this weekend and we will instantly have 2 of the best RBs we've ever had.
    ..Lets also remember that Coach T has recruited and put together a killer tandem of RBs before down in Jawja and knows how to sell the idea. That is what he has been doing since he got her. Telling these HS backs about Moreno and company and the benefits of having 2 elite level backs in the back field rotating or playing at the same time. Especially with the type QBs and OLinemen we have coming in..

  13. #53
    1st Team All-SEC brat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,296

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    Quote Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
    ..Lets also remember that Coach T has recruited and put together a killer tandem of RBs before down in Jawja and knows how to sell the idea. That is what he has been doing since he got her. Telling these HS backs about Moreno and company and the benefits of having 2 elite level backs in the back field rotating or playing at the same time. Especially with the type QBs and OLinemen we have coming in..
    Good points. Imagine having one or more true running threats that will cause the defenses to play closer to the line to slow them down, then using the extra space that creates for our WRs to get open and a solid QB to get them the ball with some vertical passing to stretch the field, thus causing the defense to open up more running lanes to start helping in pass defense. We are finally getting the recruits to make this a real possibility.
    "When I was young I looked like Al Capone, but I lacked his compassion." - Oscar Levant

  14. #54
    Super Moderator smoovecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Dixie
    Posts
    21,355

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    I don't know if some people realize that we could realistically will have 3 to 5 5 Stars in this recruiting class. That has never happened here.

  15. #55
    2nd Team All-SEC Senior Rooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lexington. SC
    Posts
    2,668

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    Quote Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
    I don't know if some people realize that we could realistically will have 3 to 5 5 Stars in this recruiting class. That has never happened here.
    M LLoyd and who else?


    OORAH!!!!!!!

  16. #56
    4 Star Greyrooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hartsville, SC
    Posts
    1,441

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    Quote Originally Posted by Senior Rooster View Post
    M LLoyd and who else?


    Burch, Evans, Grimes are the ones that come to mind. Plus Lloyd.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #57
    cant kill da rooster elcid99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    2,147

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    Quote Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
    Pretty sure Tank has been a silent for over 2 months.
    As recruits likely never read this board, I will say....what C2 posted is 100% correct & Lloyd committing hasn't changed a thing.
    "You're entering a world of pain, son." Walter Sobchak

  18. #58
    1st Team All-SEC Coondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bluffton, SC
    Posts
    4,644

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyrooster View Post
    Burch, Evans, Grimes are the ones that come to mind. Plus Lloyd.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bigsby is on the edge of 5 star status and could be one by signing day.

  19. #59
    Heisman Candidate sc455's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    south carolina
    Posts
    16,291

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    we will have to take our licks this year and just hold on. hopefully we can get hilinski in a little in order to get his feet wet. i think we will see him at some point.

  20. #60
    Household Name sandstorm2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    6,966

    Default Re: 2020 RB Commiitment - Marshawn Lloyd

    Quote Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
    I don't know if some people realize that we could realistically will have 3 to 5 5 Stars in this recruiting class. That has never happened here.
    Have we ever had a 5 star in back to back recruiting classes? Probably not something that's happened often around here if it ever has.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •