Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 2018 BMac led offense will finish top ______ and score _____ points per game.

Default Re: The 2018 BMac led offense will finish top ______ and score _____ points per game.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
    I don't disagree with the need to get more red zone TD's, but that was only a part of the red zone story this year. Here are a few stats, with NCAA FBS rankings in parentheses:

Red zone attempts: 34 (115th)
    Red zone scoring %: 85.3% (58th)
    Red zone TD%: 55.3% (91st)
    Red zone TD passes: 6 (110th)

Our problem was often an inability to sustain drives into the red zone, reflected in the abysmal number of red zone trips (fewer than 3 per game). We regularly stalled around the 30, forcing Parker to kick 45-55yd FG's. He only missed 1 kick all year from inside the 40, and he suffered at times from poor holds. When we did get inside the 20, we were unable to pass the ball for scores (it almost made long for the days of SOS calling three straight fades to Alshon against Bama in 2009).

If BMac can improve continuity through the midfield and into the redzone and come up with a few better red zone plays (heck throw a fade to Edwards or Ortre once in a while), we can easily pick up 7 pts / game in increased TD efficiency and more made FG's.
    Not sure anymore needs to be said.

Default Re: The 2018 BMac led offense will finish top ______ and score _____ points per game.

The offense will have to be better if for no other reason than our defense is starting to have a killer look to it, which means more 3-and-outs, therefore more possessions for the offense, thus more scoring.

At least top 70 and around 30 points per game.

I think top 85 and 27ppg. Until we can run the ball week in and week out, we will be inconsistent on offense and stall out when the field shortens. If we run the ball with a 4-5 yard average then I think we can be a top 50 O and 30ppg.

Top 60 with 33 pts per game. That is at least the top half of the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what other teams are going to do so I won't predict the ranking, but I think we'll end up averaging 28 or 29 ppg. That would be a huge increase over what we did this year. The actual offense averaged 21.17 ppg in the regular season. I only counted the regular season since McClendon wasn't in charge of the offense then. The 28 ppg could end up being conservative since we essentially scored 27 (counting the PAT we didn't attempt) against a pretty good defense in the bowl game.

I don’t care about ranking, if we score 30 per game, we win 10. An even better defense will make a difference by getting off the field and allowing the offense more possessions.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post
    The same as this season because it's going to take half of next season to fix our issues on offense.
    We will be better in the passing game as Werner alone will help fix that. Despite what some of you think, our OL talent is still subpar which is a big factor in our poor run game. Winford is a good coach and will scheme to help the lack of talent. I just think our run game will hold us back. Still we should show a pulse. Hopefully we won't be painful to watch bc we were on O this year.

2nd Team All-SEC Garnet Gamecock's Avatar

With Spurrier, it seemed that the magic number was 34 points and you had yourself a win. If we are going to start going downfield again and will begin to see a much better run game, I think weíll hit 34 frequently. Best part is our defense is going to chew up many teams, frustrating them with Champís ďbend, donít breakĒ defense and many teams wonít get more than 14 points on us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cream the Kadiddlehoppers!

Top 50 and 30 points per game.

Quote Originally Posted by henmania View Post
    We will be better in the passing game as Werner alone will help fix that. Despite what some of you think, our OL talent is still subpar which is a big factor in our poor run game. Winford is a good coach and will scheme to help the lack of talent. I just think our run game will hold us back. Still we should show a pulse. Hopefully we won't be painful to watch bc we were on O this year.
    Hutcherson and Manos/Douglas is an immediate upgrade over Helms and Knott. Did you count how many whiffs Helms had during the bowl, I’m not talking about a miss, I’m talking about a whiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
    Hutcherson and Manos/Douglas is an immediate upgrade over Helms and Knott. Did you count how many whiffs Helms had during the bowl, Iím not talking about a miss, Iím talking about a whiff.
    Absolutely correct...Helms and Knott were awful most of the season.But Helms vs Michigan played the worst I have seen since 2015

Barring no injuries to key players (Bentley, Deebo, Edwards), I will say our offense will just sneak into the top 50 in the FBS in total offense, scoring 29 ppg.
    Last edited by 2k15; 01-07-2018 at 11:34 AM.
    Do ya thing

Top 20, over 35 points a game on average.

Defense gets a lot of 3 and outs. We finally have a punt returner next year yet to be named. We also find a FG kicker. We get Deebo back and we kick ass and write down names!

We should average 4 or 5 TD's a game and 2 or 3 FG's.

2nd Team All-SEC Senior Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
    Top 20, over 35 points a game on average.

Defense gets a lot of 3 and outs. We finally have a punt returner next year yet to be named. We also find a FG kicker. We get Deebo back and we kick ass and write down names!

We should average 4 or 5 TD's a game and 2 or 3 FG's.
    ON TARGET!!!!!!!!!!

OORAH!!!!!!!

I don't know what our touchdown per possession rate is.But I want to see that be a much higher percentage. And I want 3rd and short to not be scary any more.

Hot Up In The Met TwoNotch Dreams's Avatar

I don't think it will improve much. So, around the same area.

top 50
    400 yards per game
    30 ppg

Quote Originally Posted by the camp branch kid View Post
    There are several threads where you can praise or lament the promotion of Bmac to OC, but all that matters is result. I figured I'd start a thread where people can predict next year's result. No need to fight in this thread just stake your claim and we'll be able to look back in 12 months to judge BMac based on production.
    (Total Offense for first blank)

The 2018 BMac led offense will finish top 40 and score 34 points per game.
    I may have been a little aggressive here, but there is still a chance. We are currently sitting at 62nd in total offense and scoring 31 ppg.

If we average 492.5 yards and 40 points over the last 4 my prediction would be correct. Below is an optimistic yet not completely implausible scenario that gets us there. I included comparable opponents' games in parenthesis that give me "hope."

Opponent Yards Points
    UF 413 31 (gave up 471 points and 38 points to Mizzou)
    Chat 615 56 (no data point-we are their only power 5 team)
    CU 360 27 (gave up 311 yards and 23 points to Syracuse)
    Akron 582 48 (gave up 491 yards and 34 points @ Northwestern)

Before the haters hate, take note of the multiple qualifiers I included. (optimistic, not completely, hope in quotes...lol)
    If y'all travel a tad south of Heaven
    and a bit north of Hell,
    Y'all find me sippin' tea in Camp Branch
    with a Gamecock story to tell.

1st Team All-American crowcutta's Avatar

i personally go by yards per play and right now we're 41st vs fbs opponents, and 46th overall. i think we'll finish top 40. we finished tied for 85th last year vs fbs.

another thing i look at is football outsiders offensive efficiency ratings. last year finished 77th, this year going into the ole miss game 30th.
    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feioff

the offense has improved significantly, the next step is for the offense to score enough points against a really good team that gives us a chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
    i personally go by yards per play and right now we're 41st vs fbs opponents, and 46th overall. i think we'll finish top 40. we finished tied for 85th last year vs fbs.

another thing i look at is football outsiders offensive efficiency ratings. last year finished 77th, this year going into the ole miss game 30th.
    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feioff

the offense has improved significantly, the next step is for the offense to score enough points against a really good team that gives us a chance to win.
    This. Although I hate statistics, efficiency is a much more relevant stat than total offense, in my opinion. Even without production, I think BMac is much more creative than the average OC. He throws in new formations and looks each week that can really take a defense off its game.