Thread: Great article about Deebo

Default Great article about Deebo

This showed up on my google feed. Scroll down past the article about Bryce Love to read what he says about Deebo.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/8/29/...ton-bryce-love

Here's a quote:

"Samuel, who is one of the fastest football players I’ve ever seen, shatters any mold. His size (6 foot, 210 pounds) and speed makes him a nominal receiver, but the Gamecocks’ offense is most (perhaps only) dynamic when Samuel has the ball with an easy angle to turn the corner on the first tackler."

Default Re: Great article about Deebo

Quote Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
    This showed up on my google feed. Scroll down past the article about Bryce Love to read what he says about Deebo.

Here's a quote:

"Samuel, who is one of the fastest football players I’ve ever seen, shatters any mold. His size (6 foot, 210 pounds) and speed makes him a nominal receiver, but the Gamecocks’ offense is most (perhaps only) dynamic when Samuel has the ball with an easy angle to turn the corner on the first tackler."
    Good read. Thanks for sharing.

"I'd rather have to say whoa than giddy-up" - Coach Will Muschamp

Quote Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post

Here's a quote:

Definitely disagree with this.. we have potential to be the most dynamic offense in the SEC

Oh what could have been....

"I'd rather have to say whoa than giddy-up" - Coach Will Muschamp

The "other" M. Lattimore ucan'tlickourcocks's Avatar

Samuel is shifty enough to avoid tacklers and strong enough to fight through contact, but he is as good as anyone I’ve ever seen at identifying a seam and running like hell through it.
    This!

He good. Week 1 -- Samuel 42; Everyone else 28

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
    Definitely disagree with this.. we have potential to be the most dynamic offense in the SEC
    You know how these guys are ... they have to overstate the case for readers. We showed we could be pretty dynamic even after he was injured.

But he gives us another dimension with his speed and vision.

At 6' and 210 he's the same size as our RBs.

With his size and speed I wonder what he’d do if lined up at running back. Thinking more sweeps or power reads were he can bounce outside. I guess a jet sweep or a screen isnt much different but I can see a 5 WR set (empty no backs) and 2 TEs in the slot, with Deebo motioning over to runningback, the TEs motioning to the offensive line on either side or as a pair, and doing serious damage. Keep that going no huddle, the defense will be stuck in nickel (more likely even dime since no running backs). Would be fun to see.

Burp Guns and Trust Funds GarnetBlack&Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
    Well he's not wrong about how we looked last year, especially in the UK game, where we couldn't adjust to his absence at all.

The silver lining to losing him last year is that it allowed the team to build quality depth on offense. So yeah, for this year I think the offense should be one of the top two in the SEC
    Go Cocks! Go Blue Hose!

2nd Team All-SEC Senior Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GarnetBlack&Blue View Post
    Well he's not wrong about how we looked last year, especially in the UK game, where we couldn't adjust to his absence at all.

The silver lining to losing him last year is that it allowed the team to build quality depth on offense. So yeah, for this year I think the offense should be one of the top two in the SEC

Cockytalk malfunctioning. can't start new thread access any tools etc. for days now.Do you know if Mods/Admin are aware? You can't PM or much of anything but look at posts/ respond to post.
    Last edited by Senior Rooster; 08-29-2018 at 06:09 PM.

OORAH!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SC Gamecock View Post
    With his size and speed I wonder what he’d do if lined up at running back. Thinking more sweeps or power reads were he can bounce outside. I guess a jet sweep or a screen isnt much different but I can see a 5 WR set (empty no backs) and 2 TEs in the slot, with Deebo motioning over to runningback, the TEs motioning to the offensive line on either side or as a pair, and doing serious damage. Keep that going no huddle, the defense will be stuck in nickel (more likely even dime since no running backs). Would be fun to see.

I like that idea. We will probably see some stuff like that this year. Can't wait until noon Saturday. 63 hours to go.

Deebo reportedly bench presses a bundle. I don't think we've seen all of what he can do yet, though we've seen a lot in a short time. He certainly seems to have top-notch vision to go along with his acceleration, top speed, and ball sense.

I hope that he can stay healthy this year! He deserves a shot at the NFL!