Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Great article about Deebo

  1. #1
    1st Team All-SEC Wisercock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    4,403

    Default Great article about Deebo

    This showed up on my google feed. Scroll down past the article about Bryce Love to read what he says about Deebo.

    https://www.theringer.com/2018/8/29/...ton-bryce-love

    Here's a quote:

    "Samuel, who is one of the fastest football players I’ve ever seen, shatters any mold. His size (6 foot, 210 pounds) and speed makes him a nominal receiver, but the Gamecocks’ offense is most (perhaps only) dynamic when Samuel has the ball with an easy angle to turn the corner on the first tackler."

  2. #2
    Recruit materlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    greenville
    Posts
    140

    Default Re: Great article about Deebo

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
    This showed up on my google feed. Scroll down past the article about Bryce Love to read what he says about Deebo.

    https://www.theringer.com/2018/8/29/...ton-bryce-love

    Here's a quote:

    "Samuel, who is one of the fastest football players I’ve ever seen, shatters any mold. His size (6 foot, 210 pounds) and speed makes him a nominal receiver, but the Gamecocks’ offense is most (perhaps only) dynamic when Samuel has the ball with an easy angle to turn the corner on the first tackler."
    Good read. Thanks for sharing.

  3. #3
    Band Lonnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Third Stone from the Sun
    Posts
    12,788

    Default Re: Great article about Deebo

    "I'd rather have to say whoa than giddy-up" - Coach Will Muschamp


  4. #4
    Cock of the Walk MikeTrainNC8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    5,453

    Default Re: Great article about Deebo

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
    This showed up on my google feed. Scroll down past the article about Bryce Love to read what he says about Deebo.

    https://www.theringer.com/2018/8/29/...ton-bryce-love

    Here's a quote:

    "Samuel, who is one of the fastest football players I’ve ever seen, shatters any mold. His size (6 foot, 210 pounds) and speed makes him a nominal receiver, but the Gamecocks’ offense is most (perhaps only) dynamic when Samuel has the ball with an easy angle to turn the corner on the first tackler."
    Definitely disagree with this.. we have potential to be the most dynamic offense in the SEC

  5. #5
    Band Lonnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Third Stone from the Sun
    Posts
    12,788

    Default Re: Great article about Deebo

    Oh what could have been....

    "I'd rather have to say whoa than giddy-up" - Coach Will Muschamp


  6. #6
    The "other" M. Lattimore ucan'tlickourcocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    16,005

    Default Re: Great article about Deebo

    Samuel is shifty enough to avoid tacklers and strong enough to fight through contact, but he is as good as anyone I’ve ever seen at identifying a seam and running like hell through it.
    This!

  7. #7
    Heisman Candidate LegalCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    16,573

    Default Re: Great article about Deebo

    He good. Week 1 -- Samuel 42; Everyone else 28

  8. #8
    1st Team All-SEC Wisercock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    4,403

    Default Re: Great article about Deebo

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
    Definitely disagree with this.. we have potential to be the most dynamic offense in the SEC
    You know how these guys are ... they have to overstate the case for readers. We showed we could be pretty dynamic even after he was injured.

    But he gives us another dimension with his speed and vision.

    At 6' and 210 he's the same size as our RBs.

  9. #9
    IT IS WHAT IT IS SC Gamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Spartanburg (Moore)
    Posts
    869

    Default Re: Great article about Deebo

    With his size and speed I wonder what he’d do if lined up at running back. Thinking more sweeps or power reads were he can bounce outside. I guess a jet sweep or a screen isnt much different but I can see a 5 WR set (empty no backs) and 2 TEs in the slot, with Deebo motioning over to runningback, the TEs motioning to the offensive line on either side or as a pair, and doing serious damage. Keep that going no huddle, the defense will be stuck in nickel (more likely even dime since no running backs). Would be fun to see.

  10. #10
    Burp Guns and Trust Funds GarnetBlack&Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Inside the house
    Posts
    7,507

    Default Re: Great article about Deebo

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
    Definitely disagree with this.. we have potential to be the most dynamic offense in the SEC
    Well he's not wrong about how we looked last year, especially in the UK game, where we couldn't adjust to his absence at all.

    The silver lining to losing him last year is that it allowed the team to build quality depth on offense. So yeah, for this year I think the offense should be one of the top two in the SEC
    Go Cocks! Go Blue Hose!

  11. #11
    2nd Team All-SEC Senior Rooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lexington. SC
    Posts
    2,657

    Default Re: Great article about Deebo

    Quote Originally Posted by GarnetBlack&Blue View Post
    Well he's not wrong about how we looked last year, especially in the UK game, where we couldn't adjust to his absence at all.

    The silver lining to losing him last year is that it allowed the team to build quality depth on offense. So yeah, for this year I think the offense should be one of the top two in the SEC


    Cockytalk malfunctioning. can't start new thread access any tools etc. for days now.Do you know if Mods/Admin are aware? You can't PM or much of anything but look at posts/ respond to post.
    Last edited by Senior Rooster; 08-29-2018 at 06:09 PM.


    OORAH!!!!!!!

  12. #12
    1st Team All-SEC Wisercock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    4,403

    Default Re: Great article about Deebo

    Quote Originally Posted by SC Gamecock View Post
    With his size and speed I wonder what he’d do if lined up at running back. Thinking more sweeps or power reads were he can bounce outside. I guess a jet sweep or a screen isnt much different but I can see a 5 WR set (empty no backs) and 2 TEs in the slot, with Deebo motioning over to runningback, the TEs motioning to the offensive line on either side or as a pair, and doing serious damage. Keep that going no huddle, the defense will be stuck in nickel (more likely even dime since no running backs). Would be fun to see.

    I like that idea. We will probably see some stuff like that this year. Can't wait until noon Saturday. 63 hours to go.

  13. #13
    1st Team All-SEC Goofyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indian Trail, NC
    Posts
    4,357

    Default Re: Great article about Deebo

    Deebo reportedly bench presses a bundle. I don't think we've seen all of what he can do yet, though we've seen a lot in a short time. He certainly seems to have top-notch vision to go along with his acceleration, top speed, and ball sense.

  14. #14
    Blue Chip Lankey62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    868

    Default Re: Great article about Deebo

    I hope that he can stay healthy this year! He deserves a shot at the NFL!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •