Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *** 2018 Carolina Panthers off season / draft / season thread ***

1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar

Default Re: *** 2018 Carolina Panthers off season / draft / season thread ***

Lol what a wild win. Shouldn’t have come to that but I’ll take any win.

2 great qbs in the stadium today. Cam and Cam’s backup

Hell of a kick by y'all today. Congrats on the win.

1st Team All-American gamecockphan's Avatar

1. I don't think CMAC actually got the first down on the play before Cam clocked it.

2. No flow to the playcalling. Felt more like a Shula game instead of a Norv game.

3. Torrey Smith sucks and is a complete waste of money.

4. WTF is wrong with this defense?

There was a Peppers sighting today, he actually played pretty well. I guess that is what we can expect with his age, some good games and some bad. The holding against the Panthers d-line was atrocious and the refs seemed pretty blind to it as were the announcers. I saw a full hold on a facemask that was not called and was right near the ball carrier that you would have to be blind to miss and several holds as Short was kicking some guys ass. The play calling as the end was horrible and Gano is a freaking stud. Thomas Davis will be back next week and 4-weeks of rest may be good given his age. We desperately need to get another good linebacker, there is a huge drop when our starters are not in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
    1. I don't think CMAC actually got the first down on the play before Cam clocked it.

2. No flow to the playcalling. Felt more like a Shula game instead of a Norv game.

3. Torrey Smith sucks and is a complete waste of money.

4. WTF is wrong with this defense?
    1. He did not appear to get the first down but I'll take it.

2. Play calling was a little off and we didn't see a whole lot of distribution of the ball. I'd like to see more short/medium range passes to soften up the defense.

3. Haven't seen much out of him this year either and I think he is just a one year rental at this point. Funchess, Samuel, and Moore should be a solid trio moving forward. I like #13 (blanking on his name right now) as a 4th option.

4. The defense has no pass rushers (DE are in need of a serious upgrade and need to get younger) and Adams at safety is old and slow. Also need an upgrade at CB. Would have really liked to sign Breeland this offseason but obviously it didn't work out.

Meant to note earlier, if Moore stays healthy he will be a beast. He is a punishing runner with the ball in his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by longhaul View Post
    Meant to note earlier, if Moore stays healthy he will be a beast. He is a punishing runner with the ball in his hands.
    Yes he is surprisingly a punishing runner for his size.

Curtis Samuel had a nice game yesterday too. His run after the catch for a TD was awesome to see.

Never a doubt.

Never a doubt.
    Haha what a lie.

That game was a wild swing of emotions but we needed that win badly and glad it came against Philadelphia.

^^^

Haha. Yeah I was about to break my TV on the 3 plays before the 2 minute warning. can’t believe we converted on 4th down

Keep Pounding!

^^^

Haha. Yeah I was about to break my TV on the 3 plays before the 2 minute warning. can’t believe we converted on 4th down

Keep Pounding!
    Same here. I was thinking “we fought all the way back and THIS is our effort to complete the comeback?!”

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

Cam Newton:

"Did you know that the strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue? It is. Go look it up.".......

GG. Panther fans.

Beat up those Ravens!
    "After victory, tighten your helmet cord"
    -Japanese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaSven View Post
    Beat up those Ravens!
    Panthers were the more physical and prepared team today.

Fun game today. Made the #1 defense look really bad. No sacks given up, no turnovers, the offense just sliced them up all game.

Cam played exceptionally well.

OL balled out. Cam is on fire. He’s been the best QB in the NFL in the redzone so far this year

We'll see how Cam performs come mid January

Panthers looked dominant.