Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: *** 2018 Carolina Panthers off season / draft / season thread ***

1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar

Default Re: *** 2018 Carolina Panthers off season / draft / season thread ***

Quote Originally Posted by Cockin It View Post
    This defense is a disgrace.
    Nothing pisses me off more than professional athletes making tons of $$$$ showing no god damn effort whatsoever. ****ing HATE it.

Pompous Ass Hillbilly GregoryHouse's Avatar

They looked like Cowboys out there.
    I don't worry about falling skies as much as I worry about low ceilings.

1st Team All-American gamecockphan's Avatar

The D and the OL clearly had no interest in playing last night after a short week. The Steelers are good it not that good. The Ravens constantly harassed Ben last week but could not lay a glove on Cam.

The most of the team just didn’t even try last night. Cam, CMAC and the receivers looked pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
    The D and the OL clearly had no interest in playing last night after a short week. The Steelers are good it not that good. The Ravens constantly harassed Ben last week but could not lay a glove on Cam.

The most of the team just didnít even try last night. Cam, CMAC and the receivers looked pretty good.
    Agreed but Samuel got careless on that fumbled kick return.

The move to release a former pro bowl running back and bring in a 29 year old journeyman has me scratching my head. Not sure how they could evaluate Anderson's game play when they never really let him play. I still think they are using McCaffrey way too much and if they are not careful the injuries are going to start coming, he is taking a ton of hits even in garbage time of games. At least when the game is in hand get his ass off the field and put in Artis Payne or someone to get the meaningless carries.

I don't understand the rationale behind play McCaffery nearly every snap either. He needs to be spelled so he can last the entire year. CJ Anderson is a guy who could have given us some production and taken the load of Christian, but I think the reason he was let go is because he voiced his displeasure outside of the organization (on Twitter) and management does not like that and thinks it should be handled in house.

In regards to the move for Cadet, I believe he was brought in because he has a similar style to McCaffery so they feel the offense won't have to change as much and can use him for dump offs as well.

Yeah I did not realize Anderson went public, but I mean really the Panthers need to take a look at most any other team in the league and realize that most can and do utlilize two backs and are able to keep both happy. Within our own division the Saints have Kamara, who is about as close to McCaffrey as a player can be and still find plenty of opportunity to get the ball to Ingram. I know they use McCaffrey as a decoy as well, but he needs some plays off. He will be an old man by the time he hits year 4 at this point. I think we need a pound the rock guy and maybe they think Artis Payne is ready to fill Anderson's role or lack there of.

I went through his Twitter timeline and didn't see much.

Several people called out the coaches saying that CJ needed more playing time but CJ responded saying that his time was coming and to ease up.

Does Gano get replaced after today? He basically lost this game all by himself. Kicking isn't easy at all, but he literally only has one job.

Our coaches are so dumb. Why didnt they challenge the out of bounds catch on the first drive? They never challenged a single call. Foot was out of bounds and would have been 3 instead of 7.

F#ck Gano and Funchess.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
    Does Gano get replaced after today? He basically lost this game all by himself. Kicking isn't easy at all, but he literally only has one job.
    No bc heís been money the rest of the season.

Our coaches are so dumb. Why didnt they challenge the out of bounds catch on the first drive? They never challenged a single call. Foot was out of bounds and would have been 3 instead of 7.

F#ck Gano and Funchess.
    At this point though the team isnít good enough to win a SB. Offense has been good but the D has been awful. Need a pass rusher BADLY and to replace #29 in the secondary.

Itís frustrating bc we will still get a fairly late round pick so Iím hoping we can find a pass rusher worth a damn in the mid to late first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
    No bc heís been money the rest of the season.
    Itís a wash. We won a game bc of him and lost a game bc of him.

I said we should have kept Butker.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
    At this point though the team isnít good enough to win a SB. Offense has been good but the D has been awful. Need a pass rusher BADLY and to replace #29 in the secondary.

Itís frustrating bc we will still get a fairly late round pick so Iím hoping we can find a pass rusher worth a damn in the mid to late first round.
    Rams and Chiefs D are trash.

20 pts given up is enough to still win a game. D hasnít been great but this isnít on them today.

Rams and Chiefs D are trash.

20 pts given up is enough to still win a game. D hasnít been great but this isnít on them today.
    Defensively though we have no pass rush and donít blitz often to get after the QB. We also havenít forced enough turnovers this year. Today was puzzling bc Cam threw for 320+ yds and 3 TD.

I really felt for y'all today. You didn't stand a chance against my Steelers but today had to be a real heart breaker. I was pulling for ya.

Time for Peppers to hang it up, he is done. We need a pass rush badly. They may have to find a free agent in the offseason. The saints are going to crush us 2x this year. Not sure the new DC is the answer either.

Quote Originally Posted by longhaul View Post
    Time for Peppers to hang it up, he is done. We need a pass rush badly. They may have to find a free agent in the offseason. The saints are going to crush us 2x this year. Not sure the new DC is the answer either.
    I agree with all of your points. Pass rusher, LT, S, nickel, and another LB are prob our biggest needs in order for the off season.

Gano needs to be Gagone. And the DC ain't gettin' it done either.

Two weeks in a row Gano can't deliver when we need him to.