Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: *** 2018 Carolina Panthers off season / draft / season thread ***

1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar

Default Re: *** 2018 Carolina Panthers off season / draft / season thread ***

Quote Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
    He actually plays better normally after he runs a little and gets hit.

I you're referencing the shitty performance by his OL when he has zero time then show a QB who looks awesome when he has zero time when the other team is only bringing 4 DL.

The OL over-performed at the beginning of the year but is a mess now.

Cam was playing some of his best ball ever this year until the line shit the bed and his shoulder gave out.
    Right you are.

The OL lacks talent and is old which unfortunately is the same issue as the DL.

I really want us to draft either an edge rusher or OT with our first pick this year.

He actually plays better normally after he runs a little and gets hit.

I you're referencing the shitty performance by his OL when he has zero time then show a QB who looks awesome when he has zero time when the other team is only bringing 4 DL.

The OL over-performed at the beginning of the year but is a mess now.

Cam was playing some of his best ball ever this year until the line shit the bed and his shoulder gave out.

I was specifically talking about when he gets hit in the pocket and yes I agree the offensive line needs work, but also feel like he gets down and then just starts throwing balls that he does not step into and ends up throwing high and to the other team and many other times he holds onto the ball way too long and the line can only do so much.

1st Team All-American gamecockphan's Avatar

Are they starting the Monday presser late or just not doing one today?

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

Are they starting the Monday presser late or just not doing one today?

Just not doing one today: they will play a day later next week on Monday, so they will do the presser one day later too, it will be tomorrow......

Another poor outing from Cam (at least the first half).

He runs the two minute offense like he has never done it before and it ends on a INT. Terribly thrown fade pass.

If the defense would have played like this all year, this game would have been for the division lead.

Also Cam has been terrible for half of this season. Wasting 3 hours of my life on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_School View Post
    Also Cam has been terrible for half of this season. Wasting 3 hours of my life on this team.
    His shoulder is dead.. canít throw the ball.

Defense actually looked like a defense tonight, even though our pass rush is still bad. Kuechly and Davis were flying all over and Reid had another solid game. Jackson played well too but we couldnít overcome a non existent offense.

Iím ok with it so we can try and get the best draft pick possible.

Pompous Ass Hillbilly GregoryHouse's Avatar

ESPN:

Panthers (6-8): Carolina’s slim playoff hopes evaporate with one more loss or with one Minnesota win. The Panthers can finagle a berth if they win twice, if the Vikings lose twice, if the Eagles lose to the Texans this Sunday, and if the Eagles beat Washington next Sunday.
    I don't worry about falling skies as much as I worry about low ceilings.

Pompous Ass Hillbilly GregoryHouse's Avatar

Taylor Heinkie is starting for the Panthers today

Panthers Twitter Account:

Carolina Panthers‏ (@Panthers)

"Got a seat and a shirt saved for you today, Brett Heinicke."

I don't worry about falling skies as much as I worry about low ceilings.

I’m still cheering for the best draft pick we can get. There are way too many holes on this team that need to be plugged. We need either a top flight DL or OL in the first round.

Perry Fewell is a good hire imo.

Quote Originally Posted by longhaul View Post
    Perry Fewell is a good hire imo.
    Should be. I wonder who we are targeting for DC.. a lot of good options already off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
    Should be. I wonder who we are targeting for DC.. a lot of good options already off the board.
    Ron is calling the plays next year. So it doesnít matter much who they hire IMO.

Going to be tough to find a top notch but not let him call the plays.

Ron is calling the plays next year. So it doesnít matter much who they hire IMO.

Going to be tough to find a top notch but not let him call the plays.
    I was hoping we could bring Steve Wills back but heís in Cleveland now.

Iím intrigued about sitting Cam a year but wish it was a year later so we could try and position ourselves for Trevor Lawrence in the 2021 draft.

Should have sat him the second half of this season. Once they realized he could not push the ball down the field and had a shoulder problem, they should have set him. He is not Tom Brady and cannot live off of short, accurate, timely passes and this team is not built for that. Instead we got a lot of bad looking, inaccurate passes and he took more of a beating back there. Trevor Lawrence would be a good get. The way we roll we will probably win one more game than we need to and miss the chance. I like how the Saints let us win the last one to effect our draft.

^^^^^

With CMAC, DJ and Samuel this team is now built for a shorter [passing game. Get t eh ball to quick play-makers in space and let them get YAC.

We still need to be able to stretch the field though to give hose guys room to work underneath. Cam had been one of the most accurate downfield passers in the league and was not afraid to take shots.

obscurum per obscurius GoldenSpur7's Avatar

Hurney took will Grier in the 3rd round, and I like this pick. Bring him in and develop, no telling how much Cam has left in the tank. Like little in round 2 as well.