Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

Some interesting changes to the composite today.

Burch is the new #1 recruit.
    Reggie Grimes dropped out of 5 stars and now sits at 31
    Marshawn Lloyd dropped to 36
    Bigsby dropped 1 spot to 51
    Just a smoking Cock

Quote Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
    We are definitely on the right track and between last year’s class and this year I think we will indeed turn the corner. I think we will finish with a top 12 class this year and also need to have a solid football season (8+ wins).
    Absolutely love what I'm seeing, but not letting myself get too excited just yet. Long way to go and have too many scars. 8 wins this season would be phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by CockFrmStateFarm View Post
    Some interesting changes to the composite today.

Burch is the new #1 recruit.
    Reggie Grimes dropped out of 5 stars and now sits at 31
    Marshawn Lloyd dropped to 36
    Bigsby dropped 1 spot to 51
    Rivals updated their top 100. This is what caused the shift. It is weird that Bigsby dropped since he actually raised on their rankings. He must have taken a hit in ESPN, or maybe on 24/7.

That Chris Steele just transferred from Oregon to Southern California!

Sometimes you win when prospects choose another school

Possibly a top 5 class? I'll take it!

https://247sports.com/college/south-...p-5-132582375/

JD

Hear Coach Boom had a JUCO wr at camp today that's a very special talent! Does anyone have the info on him?

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    Hear Coach Boom had a JUCO wr at camp today that's a very special talent! Does anyone have the info on him?
    Malik Heath https://247sports.com/Player/Malik-Heath-85252/
    but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
    Isaiah 40:31

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick29321 View Post
    He's got a very impressive offer sheet......

Quote Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
    He's got a very impressive offer sheet......
    I think he was a mid 4* before going to juco great size as well, wouldn’t mind getting this kid.
    but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

I think he was a mid 4* before going to juco great size as well, wouldn’t mind getting this kid.
    Also a UA All-American.

Supports Open Carry greatwhitecock's Avatar

I really like our camp offers/commits. Love a kid that comes and proves himself in person to get that offer. Lots of fans forget with the accelerated recruiting calendar nowadays that these kids still have their senior season to play as well
    Dabo Swinney is the Benny Hinn of college ball.
    Just a dabo that DabOstarine showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
    Local kid that will be at Carolina Exposure and got invited to The Opening.

Josh Strickland
    2020 QB @ Gilbert
    6'3 180 lbs
    http://www.hudl.com/v/28QEc8

Not sure where but he will play ball somewhere at the next level.
    I hope we sign this kid. I donít ever recall a Gilbert kid on our football roster.

Thinking w/ Capers a heavy lean to Auburn, McDougle leaning to the Terps and Powers being a ?, think Heath might be the next person on the board to seriously pursue. Would be difficult given he signed w/ Miss St. initially and they are trying to get him back.

Quote Originally Posted by xXSirSpurXx View Post
    Thinking w/ Capers a heavy lean to Auburn, McDougle leaning to the Terps and Powers being a ?, think Heath might be the next person on the board to seriously pursue. Would be difficult given he signed w/ Miss St. initially and they are trying to get him back.
    Yes but didn't he sign with Dan Mullens staff originally?

I think a lot of people are starting to see that this class is going to be special, but I don't believe everyone is fully understanding what's going on.

This staff is on the verge of the greatest class recruiting rankings and average star rating that this school has every seen, and we haven't won shit (yet). We are out recruiting the "golden years" during the Spurrier era when we were winning 11 games and finishing 4th in the nation.

I've seen so many comments mocking his press conference statement that he can sell ice to eskimos, but if that's not exactly what's going on then I don't know what is.
    Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
    I agree with Cack.

2019 SC finished with 23 commits at 247.26 and 17th nationally. As of right now SC is 9th with 12 commits at 200.10. If you add bigsby, hill, Murphy, tonka, and Conley it would put them at 248.64 with only 17 commits. Conley is the only one that’s a ? As to if we lead.

I'm loving how we are getting interest from so many places. California Texas Maryland etc cause when that happens you are starting to be an elite destination. That Lloyd commitment shocked to the core I couldn't believe it.

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cack View Post
    I think a lot of people are starting to see that this class is going to be special, but I don't believe everyone is fully understanding what's going on.

This staff is on the verge of the greatest class recruiting rankings and average star rating that this school has every seen, and we haven't won shit (yet). We are out recruiting the "golden years" during the Spurrier era when we were winning 11 games and finishing 4th in the nation.

I've seen so many comments mocking his press conference statement that he can sell ice to eskimos, but if that's not exactly what's going on then I don't know what is.
    Well, to one side, I think it's pretty well known that Spurrier and crew sort of laid down their swords on the recruiting trail, when it got to those seasons. They in fact recruited laps around those years during the years prior to most of those "golden years", when they themselves hadn't won shit yet. I think the staff we have now are heads and shoulders above Spurrier's staff during those final years in recruiting, even IF Spurrier's staff tried their asses off, which is not what they actually tried to do. But having said that, HAD Spurrier's staff really tried to do their due diligence during those years, then they would have brought in amazing classes. We ARE capable of recruiting strong classes of talent to South Carolina - just need to have someone in charge who gives a damn about it.

But to the other side of your comments, I totally agree with you: this staff IMO will do what the previous staff didn't have conviction in doing - sell the success, recruit at a high level, take the program to higher success, and then sell THAT success. And rinse and repeat. We still need to continue working on the success on the field part, but I think we finally have a staff that wants to see just how high they can take this thing....

Quote Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
    Well, to one side, I think it's pretty well known that Spurrier and crew sort of laid down their swords on the recruiting trail, when it got to those seasons. They in fact recruited laps around those years during the years prior to most of those "golden years", when they themselves hadn't won shit yet. I think the staff we have now are heads and shoulders above Spurrier's staff during those final years in recruiting, even IF Spurrier's staff tried their asses off, which is not what they actually tried to do. But having said that, HAD Spurrier's staff really tried to do their due diligence during those years, then they would have brought in amazing classes. We ARE capable of recruiting strong classes of talent to South Carolina - just need to have someone in charge who gives a damn about it.

But to the other side of your comments, I totally agree with you: this staff IMO will do what the previous staff didn't have conviction in doing - sell the success, recruit at a high level, take the program to higher success, and then sell THAT success. And rinse and repeat. We still need to continue working on the success on the field part, but I think we finally have a staff that wants to see just how high they can take this thing....
    The reason I mentioned those years is because those were the best classes (per the sites) during the tenure.
    Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
    I agree with Cack.

Spurrier was a genius on offense. Not so much when it came to his staff in his last 3-4 years. When EJ left we should have gone on a national search for the best DC money could buy.

The, "2 or 3 more years" comment didn't help recruiting either.