Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 492

Thread: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

  1. #241
    Band Lonnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Third Stone from the Sun
    Posts
    13,014

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
    Did his knee touch?
    Nope.
    "Don't ask me to cook the dinner, and not let me shop for the groceries." - Will Muschamp


  2. #242
    The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Conway, SC
    Posts
    17,617

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Just gave a 2020 scholarship to a FCS TE transfer who will have to red-shirt this season. Don't think we will get a number of these guys we were thinking we will get....

  3. #243
    Household Name Ironfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,123

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Yeah lets keep that momentum going! Offer a schooly to a LS and now a FCS TE!

  4. #244
    Recruit CockFrmStateFarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    170

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    The LS I get... but im really questioning this TE. Like... we have 3 legit TEs interested in us and we go with a transfer from FCS? Idk man.
    Just a smoking Cock

  5. #245
    Section 509, Row 13 garnet_black215's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In a van down by the river.
    Posts
    7,980

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Again, this is why I will never get my hopes up when it comes to recruiting. Three weeks ago, we were thinking it was about to absolutely explode, now we’re offering scholarships to FCS TEs. Not hard to figure out that we’re not getting a lot of the players we thought we would.

  6. #246
    Supports Open Carry greatwhitecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    York County
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Just saw where SC offered a full ride to the #2 Punter in the country after he had a strong camp showing. Field position is a biggie so I'm good with it.
    Dabo Swinney is the Benny Hinn of college ball.
    Just a dabo that DabOstarine showed up.

  7. #247
    Starter AndersonCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Anderson SC
    Posts
    1,356

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
    Again, this is why I will never get my hopes up when it comes to recruiting. Three weeks ago, we were thinking it was about to absolutely explode, now were offering scholarships to FCS TEs. Not hard to figure out that were not getting a lot of the players we thought we would.
    Idk I still feel pretty good about Bigsby and Burch but Im really disappointed in offering muse, a 1 year rental scholarship....

  8. #248
    Blue Chip sharpe0284's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    505

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
    Again, this is why I will never get my hopes up when it comes to recruiting. Three weeks ago, we were thinking it was about to absolutely explode, now we’re offering scholarships to FCS TEs. Not hard to figure out that we’re not getting a lot of the players we thought we would.
    Can you please provide some info as to what his weaknesses are since you seem to be so hell bent that he sucks? There are many FCS players in the NFL. Just curious as to why you think this guy isn't any good and what you've seen of him to make you think he sucks.

  9. #249
    Blue Chip sharpe0284's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    505

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
    Idk I still feel pretty good about Bigsby and Burch but I’m really disappointed in offering muse, a 1 year rental scholarship....
    Don't know if he's good or not, but he should have two years to play. Not sure why people don't do research before spewing crap.

  10. #250
    Architect ya lifestyle gamecox3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    703

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe0284 View Post
    Don't know if he's good or not, but he should have two years to play. Not sure why people don't do research before spewing crap.
    These people bother me so much. The sky is always falling. Nick Muse looks promising.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI_IV6Gyp4c
    "C'mon man. This is god given. The only thing I gotta do is show up." - Boobie Wilds #22

    Christina makin' Milians

  11. #251
    Blue Chip USCBaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Goose Creek
    Posts
    998

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
    Yeah lets keep that momentum going! Offer a schooly to a LS and now a FCS TE!
    Welcome back!! What did you think of the Kaba and Lloyd commitments? I don't recall seeing you post in those threads...but I am sure you probably did. You and G & B are more worried about the final recruiting rankings and not what the guys that coach our team think. There is a reason coaches coach, fans are fans and 247/Rivals staff evaluate. SC would never pay me, you or Steve Wiltfong to manage the Gamecocks.

  12. #252
    1st Team All-SEC AmonRa777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    greenwood sc
    Posts
    4,403

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by gamecox3 View Post
    These people bother me so much. The sky is always falling. Nick Muse looks promising.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI_IV6Gyp4c
    Thank you. I feel much better about it having watched the videos. The kid is a baller. Great hands, runs good routes and he is not slow. He can help us.

  13. #253
    2nd Team All-SEC Gamecock303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    2,618

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by gamecox3 View Post
    These people bother me so much. The sky is always falling. Nick Muse looks promising.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI_IV6Gyp4c
    he "looks promising" off of one clip where he was isolated outside on a not terribly athletic looking LB? I get being positive but come on.

    I trust our staff when it comes to talent evaluation but I don't understand the move at all.

  14. #254
    1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mt. Pleasant
    Posts
    12,316

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
    he "looks promising" off of one clip where he was isolated outside on a not terribly athletic looking LB? I get being positive but come on.

    I trust our staff when it comes to talent evaluation but I don't understand the move at all.
    Seventh in the league in receiving YPG - for a TE, that is very good. He was also 3rd team All-CAA - despite missing 4 games. He has the size and athleticism to be a big-time pass-catching TE for us.

  15. #255
    1st Team All-SEC pitchcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Johns Island SC
    Posts
    4,315

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Have to admit, his commit raised my eyebrows when I first saw the news.

    That said, one of our best ever (and IIRC) highest drafted TE ever was a walk-on who was recruited here by our walk-on QB.

    It tells me two things...one, the staff sees something in him they like, and two, it gives me the impression that the younger TE’s on the roster currently may not be getting the job done.

  16. #256
    Architect ya lifestyle gamecox3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    703

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
    he "looks promising" off of one clip where he was isolated outside on a not terribly athletic looking LB? I get being positive but come on.

    I trust our staff when it comes to talent evaluation but I don't understand the move at all.
    First of all. That one clip is a very high level catch, against worthy competition. Second, whenever a tight-end is split out wide and isolated for a fade on the goalline, you have to be impressed. That does not happen very often. Third, the rest of W&M highlights, and the stats available on Muse look very good. The CAA is a pretty solid football league with NFL talent on most of the teams. This isnt HS or JUCO. For him to do what he has done at W&M at such a young age shows that the kid is a player.

    Tight ends with this kind of well rounded game are not common. He is a natural, fluid athlete who does not struggle to get low. He has legit NFL size. He is an excellent receiver. I do not understand what you do not understand.
    "C'mon man. This is god given. The only thing I gotta do is show up." - Boobie Wilds #22

    Christina makin' Milians

  17. #257
    2nd Team All-SEC GeoCocky66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Irmo
    Posts
    2,508

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post

    It tells me two things...one, the staff sees something in him they like, and two, it gives me the impression that the younger TEs on the roster currently may not be getting the job done.
    Point 1: Yes. Point 2: No. Neither Kenion or Toney have even played a down, and the staff seems to like their potential. To me, it's more an indictment of the older guys, including Hinson, Markway and Register (especially if they're hoping to get a waiver for Muse to play right away). It disappoints me not because I don't like Muse, but because I was really hoping to get one of the other guys we're in the running for. This signing doesn't rule that out, but to me, it decreases the likelihood that we're feeling good about one of them.

  18. #258
    1st Team All-SEC pitchcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Johns Island SC
    Posts
    4,315

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
    Point 1: Yes. Point 2: No. Neither Kenion or Toney have even played a down, and the staff seems to like their potential. To me, it's more an indictment of the older guys, including Hinson, Markway and Register (especially if they're hoping to get a waiver for Muse to play right away). It disappoints me not because I don't like Muse, but because I was really hoping to get one of the other guys we're in the running for. This signing doesn't rule that out, but to me, it decreases the likelihood that we're feeling good about one of them.
    Of course Kenion and Toney haven’t played a down yet. By younger guys I meant everyone that’s not a true Sr or true Freshman.

    Right now Pollard is probably our best ball catching TE, he’s a Sr. Markway is adequate. Beyond those two it’s murky.

    Bring Muse in, while it’s likely he has to sit out there’s a chance he’ll get approved to play this year. The staff may like his skill set over other TE’s on the roster.

    That’ll give the true Freshmen time to bulk up and adjust their bodies for the rigors of SEC play. Some positions true Freshmen can easily step into, others would benefit from a year of S/C work. Ideally you’d want a TE to be more physically prepared.

  19. #259
    2nd Team All-SEC CockTail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fleming Island FL
    Posts
    2,966

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    My questioning of the Muse signing has nothing to do with Muse himself or even the TE depth, but what that may mean to the rest of the class. We have 3 more highly rated DL in play, plus Tank, plus several WR targets and TEs. By taking him now, it likely means they have missed on at least 1 high priority target. The numbers start to get pretty tight when you take a transfer TE before your higher targets have announced.
    Q:Why did the Rooster cross the road?
    A:To kick a Tiger's Ass

  20. #260
    Game MVP sgacock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Albany, GA
    Posts
    1,502

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
    Have to admit, his commit raised my eyebrows when I first saw the news.

    That said, one of our best ever (and IIRC) highest drafted TE ever was a walk-on who was recruited here by our walk-on QB.

    It tells me two things...one, the staff sees something in him they like, and two, it gives me the impression that the younger TE’s on the roster currently may not be getting the job done.
    SECOND highest drafted tight end ever.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •