Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 510

Thread: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

  1. #1
    1st Team All-SEC Three and Out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    4,378

    Default Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    A couple of 2020 Hammond kids were on campus this past Thursday, Alex Huntley and Jordan Burch along with their families. Jackson Muschamp was there as well. Heís helping recruit both. Apparently Alex is already a big Gamecock fan, Jordan is more wide open. Both of them got double teamed by Boom and Marcus. Might be hard to say no to them.

    Huntley has offers from Carolina, Georgia and Michigan

    Burch has even a better offer list including those 3 plus taters, Wake, UNC, Oregon

  2. #2
    Game MVP xXSirSpurXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    1,542

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
    A couple of 2020 Hammond kids were on campus this past Thursday, Alex Huntley and Jordan Burch along with their families. Jackson Muschamp was there as well. Heís helping recruit both. Apparently Alex is already a big Gamecock fan, Jordan is more wide open. Both of them got double teamed by Boom and Marcus. Might be hard to say no to them.

    Huntley has offers from Carolina, Georgia and Michigan

    Burch has even a better offer list including those 3 plus taters, Wake, UNC, Oregon
    I'd predict Burch to Clemson and Huntley to us. Believe both will be rated 4* guys or at minimum high 3* players, given their current offer lists. Hoping Mecose Todd also hangs on over the next year and a half.

  3. #3
    Walk On mack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Are there any hardcore recruiting nerds out there who can keep track of kids where we were the first to offer? If this staff is going to miss some guys, it won't be due to coming in late on a kid. I'm always impressed when I see us as an early offer and then we see Bama, UGA, Clemson follow.

  4. #4
    1st Team All-SEC Three and Out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    4,378

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Muschamp bringing in a few quality 2020 players almost every day, many from all over the country.

  5. #5
    Household Name uscGRAD04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Neeses
    Posts
    5,873

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Local kid that will be at Carolina Exposure and got invited to The Opening.

    Josh Strickland
    2020 QB @ Gilbert
    6'3 180 lbs
    http://www.hudl.com/v/28QEc8

    Not sure where but he will play ball somewhere at the next level.

  6. #6
    Blue Chip USCBaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Goose Creek
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    https://www.seccountry.com/south-car...pening-atlanta
    South Carolina already has one 2020 commitment in running back Mecose Todd (Villa Rica, Ga.). Could a second prospect from the haul be added to the class?
    Maybe.
    Cornerback Jalen Huff, who’s cousins with sophomore defensive back Jamyest Williams, landed an offer from the Gamecocks earlier this spring while he was on campus for his first visit.




    Kentucky, Louisville and Ole Miss have also offered, but South Carolina is clearly running out ahead of the pack for Huff, a 5-foot-11, 165-pound prospect from Buford (Ga.) High School.

  7. #7
    Damn Yankee TKE226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    19,582

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Are we looking at Jadaveon’s cousin, Demon Clowney?

  8. #8
    Game MVP Cockygaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,739

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
    Are we looking at Jadaveonís cousin, Demon Clowney?
    Last I heard, the coaches were still evaluating him. I know UGA offered him not to long ago.

  9. #9
    Household Name uscGRAD04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Neeses
    Posts
    5,873

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    There's a 2020 QB that will probably be more highly rated than Hilinski that's showing some interest in the Gamecocks. Not sure if he has a thread.

    Jack Miller QB 6'4 210 lbs
    Scottsdale, AZ (Chaparral)


    Rivals: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...-miller-182619
    247: https://247sports.com/Player/Jack-Miller-46037839

    Sounds like he is leaning towards Ohio State. He is listed as "warmer" for OSU on the 247 profile. He just visited OSU for their Spring Game and will unofficial here sometime this month (per Rivals). His interest in SC comes mainly from a pre-existing relationship with Dan Werner

  10. #10
    Heisman Candidate gotrice?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Charleston/Columbia
    Posts
    15,144

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Just an interesting rankings nugget for the state of SC next season. 247 composite has 5 players ranked for 2020 and all 4 stars as of today, 4/18/18. Those top 5 players are:

    Burch WDE
    Huntley DT
    Hemmingway SDE
    McIver DT
    Capehart DT

    So all 5 of the players ranked for next year are on the DL and all 5 are 4 stars, should be some interesting battles for these instate DL.

    https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Fo...chool&State=SC

  11. #11
    Game MVP xXSirSpurXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    1,542

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
    Just an interesting rankings nugget for the state of SC next season. 247 composite has 5 players ranked for 2020 and all 4 stars as of today, 4/18/18. Those top 5 players are:

    Burch WDE
    Huntley DT
    Hemmingway SDE
    McIver DT
    Capehart DT

    So all 5 of the players ranked for next year are on the DL and all 5 are 4 stars, should be some interesting battles for these instate DL.

    https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Fo...chool&State=SC
    Burch and Hemmingway are Clemson leans and Huntley is leaning towards us. Unsure how hard we are looking at Capehart or McIver at this point.

  12. #12
    Household Name uscGRAD04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Neeses
    Posts
    5,873

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Capehart won MVP at the Charlotte 3 Stripe Camp over the weekend.

    Still no offers. It would be great to be the first school to jump in with an offer.

  13. #13
    Household Name Ironfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,131

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    ESPN released their Top 300 and all three commitments are ranked inside of it for 2020

    Wannamaker - #154

    Mecose Todd- #198

    Isiah Walker - #272

  14. #14
    Household Name sosfan812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    5,078

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
    ESPN released their Top 300 and all three commitments are ranked inside of it for 2020

    Wannamaker - #154

    Mecose Todd- #198

    Isiah Walker - #272
    That is a horrible start to the 2020 class. We are never going to win recruiting like this...

  15. #15
    Cock of the Walk MikeTrainNC8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    5,472

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockygaming View Post
    Last I heard, the coaches were still evaluating him. I know UGA offered him not to long ago.
    How are we not higher on this guy??

  16. #16
    Household Name Ironfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,131

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Rivals reports a Gamecock offer, and we are in lead group per TM.
    Last edited by Ironfan; 07-27-2018 at 02:32 PM.

  17. #17
    Recruit CockFrmStateFarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    170

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Looking at the talent SC is producing for 2020.. Seems like there is a TON of quality Dline prospects this cycle. Are we recruiting all of them? It feels like our instate recruiting for SC has increased tremendously under Muschamp.
    Just a smoking Cock

  18. #18
    1st Team All-SEC Three and Out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    4,378

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by CockFrmStateFarm View Post
    Looking at the talent SC is producing for 2020.. Seems like there is a TON of quality Dline prospects this cycle. Are we recruiting all of them? It feels like our instate recruiting for SC has increased tremendously under Muschamp.
    That’s because Muschamp spent the first year at Carolina going around the state of SC trying to mend fences that the former crowd had caused.

  19. #19
    Recruit CockFrmStateFarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    170

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    Quote Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
    Thatís because Muschamp spent the first year at Carolina going around the state of SC trying to mend fences that the former crowd had caused.
    Absolutely. Just looking at our past 2 years in recruiting, we're sealing up our borders well and keeping top SC talent at home.
    Just a smoking Cock

  20. #20
    Heisman Candidate gotrice?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Charleston/Columbia
    Posts
    15,144

    Default Re: Discussion: 2020 Recruiting Impressions

    This will be the first class to get the full benefit of the Football Ops facility. I'd expect a big event to be held for the grand opening with plenty of 2020 kids in attendance.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •