Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: David Beatty To Transfer

Default Re: David Beatty To Transfer

Disappointing. FM has a problem with this program and he needs to patch the ship or it will sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Belvedere View Post
    So Frank should stand pat with who he gets regardless of their work ethic and ROI?

I'm much more encouraged by guys leaving that simply won't be what they were supposed to be.

It's better for both parties.
    Agree 100%. It is best for both parties. If a business hires someone they think will get the job done and the person fails to get the job done, do they continue to hang on to him or do they look for a better replacement? College sports are a business.

I am convinced the incoming players are better than the ones leaving and we should have a better program going forward. Frank has a choice, he can keep the players who don't get the job done, have an awful program, have the fans upset about our losing records and get fired or he can do what any good coach or business does, replace the ones not performing well and try to find better talent.

Frank is a great coach, took us to the Final Four after the NCAA cheated us out of an appearance previously and the future looks very bright for his program. Glad to have him as our coach.

Quote Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
    RECRUITING IS ALL GOOD BOYZ.
    When some combination of Couisnard, Frink, and Moss leave after next season (which is likely given Frank's track record), the usual suspects will claim that they were lazy, couldn't handle Frank's coaching, were never going to contribute, and they'll applaud Frank for getting rid of "dead weight" with some new studs.

Those same people are currently praising Frank for cutting the current crop of "dead weight" and replacing them with "future studs" like Couisnard, Frink, and Moss.
    Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth.

-- George Burns

Quote Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
    Agree 100%. It is best for both parties. If a business hires someone they think will get the job done and the person fails to get the job done, do they continue to hang on to him or do they look for a better replacement? College sports are a business.

I am convinced the incoming players are better than the ones leaving and we should have a better program going forward. Frank has a choice, he can keep the players who don't get the job done, have an awful program, have the fans upset about our losing records and get fired or he can do what any good coach or business does, replace the ones not performing well and try to find better talent.

Frank is a great coach, took us to the Final Four after the NCAA cheated us out of an appearance previously and the future looks very bright for his program. Glad to have him as our coach.
    Every year we're told that the new recruits are better than the guys we just told to hit the road. Then upwards of 60% of those new recruits get told to hit the road a year later. I've seen nothing about the current recruits to suggest they're any different than many of the players we've told to get outta town... in fact, the recruiting rankings of the current recruits is much lower than many who've left out program. In watching the limited film available on these guys I'm not impressed. Just my opinion but I think the current recruiting class is pretty poor.
    Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth.

-- George Burns

Quote Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post

Very few business succeed by continually following that process. If they constantly make bad hires, eventually you have to take a look at the ones hiring. Only governments can consistently do less with less.

Quote Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
    Every year we're told that the new recruits are better than the guys we just told to hit the road. Then upwards of 60% of those new recruits get told to hit the road a year later. I've seen nothing about the current recruits to suggest they're any different than many of the players we've told to get outta town... in fact, the recruiting rankings of the current recruits is much lower than many who've left out program. In watching the limited film available on these guys I'm not impressed. Just my opinion but I think the current recruiting class is pretty poor.
    You have evidence that any of the players from this past season has been told to "hit the road"? If you do, I'd like to hear about it.

Perhaps you could volunteer your services to Frank to help him evaluate players they are recruiting.

1st Team All-American Cockhornleghorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
    Our program is a turnstile. Some departures seem encouraged and this one does not. It will be very difficult to develop any kind of chemistry if there is 80% turnover every year. Something doesn’t seem right.
    I think Frank encouraged him to transfer.

1st Team All-American Cockhornleghorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
    Come on man... Best recruit we had last year, barely sniffed the court and then leaves. Great...
    Highest rated by services, but not the best. Justin Minaya was the best, followed by Felipe Haase.

Hot Up In The Met TwoNotch Dreams's Avatar

Transfers have been the big issue under Frank so far. Beatty and Holden were both supposed to be big parts of our offense moving on without Thornwell, Notice and Dozier.

Both of them are gone now, along with Doumbia who was a significant part of our incoming class as well.

Honestly, I think some players just can't handle Frank's personality. He's very passionate and demanding. It's not for everyone, but still it's very concerning that players are cycling out of the program at this rate.

Nothing about this many transfers can be good.

Buckle up, BOOM Comin' SCohioBoy's Avatar

Maybe we shouldn’t be so surprised? After all in 5 years at K State he had 12 guys transfer out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We played the State Championship in a place called Death Valley," he said. "I looked up in the fourth quarter and the only ones still alive were the Gamecocks."--SOS

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
    I think Frank encouraged him to transfer.
    And that is a problem, if true. You have a timeline where the USC staff is recruiting you, telling you that you'd be a great fit in the program and they want you to be a part of it, and then in the span of about a year, they are advising you to transfer out of the program. And all you were, was a true freshman kid with one year out of high school.

Unless there's something else that hasn't been brought out, this is a bad look for the program, and for CFM. He needs to have these kinds of optics stop happening with the program, or some people above him are going to quickly forget that we went to the final four recently.....

This is the end of Frank's 6th season. Transfers are an obvious roster management strategy at this point and probably always will be. I'm not sure I'd handle it the same way, but I'm not the coach, who I still support. I'll admit, though, it is difficult to identify with and be enthusiastic about a team you never get to know.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
    Transfers have been the big issue under Frank so far. Beatty and Holden were both supposed to be big parts of our offense moving on without Thornwell, Notice and Dozier.

Both of them are gone now, along with Doumbia who was a significant part of our incoming class as well.

Honestly, I think some players just can't handle Frank's personality. He's very passionate and demanding. It's not for everyone, but still it's very concerning that players are cycling out of the program at this rate.

I get that but how can they be that blind. Frank is not exactly a tough read. He is a demanding,yelling,animated disciplinarian and it is impossible to think otherwise. They have to know what they have signed up for.
    Hot Take: A guy juicing is a guy committed to giving the team his best, even at the expense of his health.

Quote Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
    And that is a problem, if true. You have a timeline where the USC staff is recruiting you, telling you that you'd be a great fit in the program and they want you to be a part of it, and then in the span of about a year, they are advising you to transfer out of the program. And all you were, was a true freshman kid with one year out of high school.

Unless there's something else that hasn't been brought out, this is a bad look for the program, and for CFM. He needs to have these kinds of optics stop happening with the program, or some people above him are going to quickly forget that we went to the final four recently.....

What is the evidence Frank has asked any of these guys to transfer? Nothing that I have seen from Beatty leaves that impression. Who is not transferring? Its the guys who played the most last season. Seems to be a link between transferring and not playing much.

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
    What is the evidence Frank has asked any of these guys to transfer?

And that is a problem, if true.
    I was commenting on the opinion Cockhornleghorn gave, where he said he "thought" Beatty was encouraged to transfer. I left the door completely wide open that that could possibly have NOT been the case, as Cockhornleghorn wasn't making a declarative statement to begin with. Of course, it could all be NOT true. I was just posting my opinion if it was......

Quote Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
    I was commenting on the opinion Cockhornleghorn gave, where he said he "thought" Beatty was encouraged to transfer. I left the door completely wide open that that could possibly have NOT been the case, as Cockhornleghorn wasn't making a declarative statement to begin with. Of course, it could all be NOT true. I was just posting my opinion if it was......
    OK. No problem. We all have our opinions.

Beatty could have had as much PT as he wanted because the other Gs were playing so poorly midway into the season.

Or any other player for that matter.

The sky is the limit for a player with Frank if he wants to anchor the team and can get it done on game day.

These are just kids who have had people whispering in their ears since they were young.

Not going to lose sleep over DB leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
    Highest rated by services, but not the best. Justin Minaya was the best, followed by Felipe Haase.

Definitely dont disagree with this statement. Just like in football, people put too much stock in recruiting rankings. However, I think it is important for us to quit having so much turnover every year with underclassmen. If they dont fit our system then they shouldnt have been recruited in the first place. That is on the coaching staff to do a better job at evaluating, recruiting and landing guys that do fit their system.
    Last edited by sully1; 04-17-2018 at 09:49 AM. Reason: wrong word

And another one