Thread: Motivation?

Looking for Lee Ho Fook's cocknblue's Avatar

Default Motivation?

I'll just leave this here and hope that Jake will use this as motivation for the coming season.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018...s-preview-2018

Default Re: Motivation?

Yeah, not sure where he would fit but you would think he is a top 30 QB. How in the hell did Kelly get in there ?? He cant throw a lick.

I saw that this morning but decided not to post. Was not thinking about "motivation" maybe I should have. I was just thinking there were some great QB's on the list but Jake is a good as some on the list. So to my thinking it was a bum list.

On a side note here are E$PN writers top QB picks
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...untable-top-qb
    I Scream
    You Scream
    The Police Come
    Its Awkward

lol So true freshman, Trevor Lawrence that has never thrown a collegiate pass is 17th best in the country...ahead of Jake Bentley.

It's notable that a QB Muschamp recruited to UF (Grier) is a favorite pick as one of the best QB's in the nation.

I think Bentley will do better this year. I personally believe he got a bit wrapped up last year in the accolades from his Freshman year.

A new start, new OC, new QB coach....I think he'll look like a different guy out there. A hopefully healthy Deebo will make a huge difference, if he's playing good and defenses try to compensate we have several options Jake can throw to. Add to that a hopefully better OL, if the RB's can stay healthy that'll take a lot of pressure off.

Preseason player rankings, preseason bowl predictions, and silliness like ranking an untested true Fr #17 means nothing in July...lets see how the season plays out.

Been caught moddin' Spur's Addiction's Avatar

He'll be alright.... As long as he can Stay Focus!

Roper set him back. Werner was an elite hire. Muschamp has some really good friends he can call on when he needs to.

One guy on that list has 1 career start, but was really exciting to watch in that game. Taquon Marshall Jr. at Ga Tech. He put on a SHOW against Tennessee. By himself generated 369 total yards of offense, 249 rushing yards (the most by a GT quarterback since Eddie Prokop in the 1944 Sugar Bowl) and 5 rushing touchdowns (the most by a single player in school history) All in his first career start! Ga Tech ended up with 569 rushing yards in that game which is impressive even by their standards.

I do think Jake Bentley shouldve made the list, but its a poorly thought out list. Hes one of the more experienced QBs returning in the SEC. Its his junior year and time to really put up some big numbers. Not quite 2014 Dylan Thompson numbers, but somewhere close to that is somewhat expected given the talent we have at WR, and a competent QB coach/OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post

Yep, and we should just take articles like this with a grain of slat.
    ----------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
    Yep, and we should just take articles like this with a grain of slat.
    Bentley certainly wasnít one of the top 30 QBs last year but then again T Lawrence wasnít either. Safe to say Tua wasnít either.

Bentley could use more media types rating him lower as some motivation. He was only serviceable at best last season. Werner should make him better.

Well see. I like him not being on this list and frankly donít know that he should be. Iím just hopeful that he doesnít go back to only looking for deebo.
    Flying the Gamecock Flag from the mountains of North Carolina!

Jake's ok but he's really not as good as many here would try to make him out to be. He needs to play much better in pressure situations and I really think he can with the better coaching he should receive this year, improved offensive scheme and Deebo back. TE Play will be critical.

2017 he wasn't top 30 in yards,completions, pct, or TDs. He was tied for 14th highest in interceptions and 16th in sacks. He has some brilliant moments and some great throws at times but he needs to be much more consistent. To say he should be on a list of top 30 QBs is a bit of a stretch. Same for including QBs who have never played a down in a college game but it's a list to spark conversation between fans mainly.

Conference stats tell a little better story but 2017 wasn't a great year for SEC Qbs.

Yds 4th, Completions 1st, Att 3rd, % 5th, Yds per 11th, 2nd most ints, 2nd most sacked, 11th in QBR

My hope is that he's self motivated and working to boost the stats where it counts to help us win more. I'll take wins over lists any day.
    Last edited by gamecock88; 07-12-2018 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
    Illegal touching: stormy Daniels-stay focus

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
    Jake's ok but he's really not as good as many here would try to make him out to be. He needs to play much better in pressure situations and I really think he can with the better coaching he should receive this year, improved offensive scheme and Deebo back. TE Play will be critical.

2017 he wasn't top 30 in yards,completions, pct, or TDs. He was tied for 14th highest in interceptions and 16th in sacks. He has some brilliant moments and some great throws at times but he needs to be much more consistent. To say he should be on a list of top 30 QBs is a bit of a stretch. Same for including QBs who have never played a down in a college game but it's a list to spark conversation between fans mainly.

Conference stats tell a little better story but 2017 wasn't a great year for SEC Qbs.

Yds 4th, Completions 1st, Att 3rd, % 5th, Yds per 11th, 2nd most ints, 2nd most sacked, 11th in QBR

My hope is that he's self motivated and working to boost the stats where it counts to help us win more. I'll take wins over lists any day.
    Exactly. Wins should be his motivation, the stats will follow.

Motivation = Danny Sheridan picking Clemson to win the National Title this year and USC to win 7 games.

Quote Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
    Motivation = Danny Sheridan picking Clemson to win the National Title this year and USC to win 7 games.
    Now thatís the ultimate motivation, we have direct control of thwarting the former and proving the latter wrong.

Motivation = Athlon has USC playing Maryland in the Music City Bowl in Nashville.

Quote Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
    Motivation = Athlon has USC playing Maryland in the Music City Bowl in Nashville.
    Who cares here? Just do our thing, and results will speak for themselves.

We were like 108th in Offense last year with one of the youngest teams and these kids have been busting their butts to get better .. I think we see a big move forward in 2018 maybe to the top 40 on O ..
    Our Defense was playing strong in the 4th Q last year and with the quality recruits coming in I look for that side of the ball to improve from 40th to maybe top 25 .. Muschamp reminds me of Frank Beamer from Va Tech where he consistently beat ''more talented'' teams with hard nosed, disciplined defense ..
    Muschamp will never be satisfied and his recruiting is proof .. The motivation has been shown in the weight room and work outs . Meanwhile the talent keeps trickling in ..