Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2020 DL - Desmond Evans

Default Re: 2020 DL - Desmond Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Cockygaming View Post
    Evans is being sold on being the next Julius Peppers. They are gonna let him play football and basketball for UNC. That being said, I think we have a punchers chance with him.

I'd say it's probably 80% UNC 20% USC.

He has essentially listed UNC as his favorite even through the coaching transition. It tells me, he has probably decided he was going to UNC quite awhile back.
    I don't think the first game can hurt UNC but if we lose it can hurt our chances.

On another note, Phil Longo is the OC for NC. Were he and Werner at Ole Miss together?

Yes, they were together at ole miss. I assume the offense will be similar. Probably a spread air raid type deal with RPOs. Just basing that on Phil Longo’s past.

Quote Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
    Evans is reportedly planning to attend our cookout event in Late July, so our staff will still keep after him. UNC's top commitment this class - 4* Dual Threat QB Malik Hornsby - just de-committed and re-opened his recruiting. He's been committed since May 15th. So we'll see.....
    This would be a great opportunity to get him turned on with us. Hopefully Burch will be committed by then to us, can only help with Evans. A 5* end on either side is a nice sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockygaming View Post
    Yes, they were together at ole miss. I assume the offense will be similar. Probably a spread air raid type deal with RPOs. Just basing that on Phil Longo’s past.
    no they weren't Werner was replaced by Longo at Ole Miss.

We are not gonna get any of the DL recruits from NC. People need to come to terms with reality.

streetcarl if youre nasty TheWeave09's Avatar

Yeahh this ship sailed a long time ago. Murphy was not really over until the last couple weeks. Which is fine, we will get our share from SC. Looking ahead however, we are going to need to be very productive in NC with the lack of instate talent next year and if Mack shuts down the border we could have trouble

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeave09 View Post
    Yeahh this ship sailed a long time ago. Murphy was not really over until the last couple weeks. Which is fine, we will get our share from SC. Looking ahead however, we are going to need to be very productive in NC with the lack of instate talent next year and if Mack shuts down the border we could have trouble
    I’m not so sure about the ship permanently sailing here just yet. He’s allegedly coming to the cookout in a couple weeks. I would like to think Burch will be committed by then, and will be there too. It would also be nice for Tank to attend. Will see what happens here, not giving up hope just yet.

We are hitting NC hard most of the top players in that state have us in their top 3 if not listed us as leader.
    Gamecock born, Gamecock bred
    When I die I'll be Gamecock dead...
    Currently raising more Gamecocks to carry the torch!

Holes obviously lead here now, with snake Brown making the Julius Peppers comparisons. I say we get Desmond back on campus and whip cheating Tarholes asses week one. That would give him something to think about. Say Jordan commits, and Zaach is already here, what a sell that would be to play on the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by rt3891 View Post
    Holes obviously lead here now, with snake Brown making the Julius Peppers comparisons. I say we get Desmond back on campus and whip cheating Tarholes asses week one. That would give him something to think about. Say Jordan commits, and Zaach is already here, what a sell that would be to play on the other end.
    The thing about Evans is this. He was all UNC before the Mack Brown hire, and that didn’t change with a coaching staff change. What has him sold is playing basketball for UNC. It will be hard to pull him away from that.

My question is this. Is Williams trying to use football to get a "free" scholly or is Evans just being fed a load of BS?

Quote Originally Posted by seamus View Post
    My question is this. Is Williams trying to use football to get a "free" scholly or is Evans just being fed a load of BS?
    I am pretty sure that if he plays basketball it counts against both teams scholly limits. I’m pretty sure in a rarely hits their limit since they have so many early entries into the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
    I am pretty sure that if he plays basketball it counts against both teams scholly limits. I’m pretty sure in a rarely hits their limit since they have so many early entries into the NBA.
    Scholly would only count in football

Quote Originally Posted by seamus View Post
    Evans is being fed a load of BS, he’ll never see the court there.

If he actually wants to play both sports he should come here.

We’ve actually had a couple guys in the last few years do it, with varying levels of success...Hinson and Bruce Ellington.

Who’s the last one to do it at UNC? Julius Peppers?

Quote Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
    Evans is being fed a load of BS, he’ll never see the court there.

If he actually wants to play both sports he should come here.

We’ve actually had a couple guys in the last few years do it, with varying levels of success...Hinson and Bruce Ellington.

Who’s the last one to do it at UNC? Julius Peppers?
    State of NC basketball has always been king so kids grow up their dreaming of playing at unc or duke. Offering a kid to play bball here versus unc is almost an insult to kids that think they can be the next Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by sosfan812 View Post
    State of NC basketball has always been king so kids grow up their dreaming of playing at unc or duke. Offering a kid to play bball here versus unc is almost an insult to kids that think they can be the next Jordan.
    Seventh Woods..... but he wised up lol
    Yeah I think Evans is as good as gone unless Kaba and Wyman (NC boys) can convince him to come.

Not familiar with his hoop talent, but he would have to be top tier to play for them. It obviously can’t be that he’s a better BBall player than Defensive End. He would have more of an opportunity to dual sport here than Chapel Hill.

Not familiar with his hoop talent, but he would have to be top tier to play for them. It obviously can’t be that he’s a better BBall player than Defensive End. He would have more of an opportunity to dual sport here than Chapel Hill.
    You and I know he would have to be top tier but to a teenager, Who has been king of sports AND told he was elite all his life, they already believe they are top tier. Recruiters tell these kids exactly what they want to hear regardless if it carries weight or not.

You and I know he would have to be top tier but to a teenager, Who has been king of sports AND told he was elite all his life, they already believe they are top tier. Recruiters tell these kids exactly what they want to hear regardless if it carries weight or not.
    Yep, pretty sickening if they’re telling Desmond he can be the next Michael Jordan, and dual sport it. He’s a five star in football and they look like they’re lying to him for Basketball playing time. Someone said earlier that Williams may be looking for a free scholarship here, Holes are shady, as we all know.

Yep, pretty sickening if they’re telling Desmond he can be the next Michael Jordan, and dual sport it. He’s a five star in football and they look like they’re lying to him for Basketball playing time. Someone said earlier that Williams may be looking for a free scholarship here, Holes are shady, as we all know.
    The next Julius Peppers but yeah, same difference.