Vertical: 27.6
    Powerball: 33
    Class of: 2020

Just visited 5 star prospect

https://247sports.com/Player/Desmond-Evans-46035517
    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...d-evans-182564
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/7907757/Desmond-Evans

Default Re: 2020 - Desmond Evans

Lee County plays in a 4-A conference that includes the Fayetteville schools. They usually have a good record. fwiw

1st Team All-American Roosterboy's Avatar

Buck candidate?

Will be interesting to see how this young man continues to fill out his frame.
    Long and lean, could end up being similar to a Devan Taylor type guy.
    Baseball
    SEC Champs: 2000, 2002, 2011
    CWS Appearances:
    1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
    Two-time National Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
    Buck candidate?

Will be interesting to see how this young man continues to fill out his frame.
    Long and lean, could end up being similar to a Devan Taylor type guy.
    He's 6'6 210 heading into his JR, hard to say until we see what he's weighing in at next Winter/Spring/Summer. If he's sitting 6'6 220-230 probably a BUCK, he also could be sitting 240+. Hard to tell how these kids are going to fill out.

The 5.08 forty seems way out of line for a highly-ranked candidate. The shuttle seems slow as well. That stuff must be misreported.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
    The 5.08 forty seems way out of line for a highly-ranked candidate. The shuttle seems slow as well. That stuff must be misreported.
    It may be that he's 6'6 and 210lbs, so he doesn't have the muscle build to move that frame just yet. Once he gets with a good training staff those numbers will drastically change.
    Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
    I agree with Cack.

Quote Originally Posted by cack View Post
    It may be that he's 6'6 and 210lbs, so he doesn't have the muscle build to move that frame just yet. Once he gets with a good training staff those numbers will drastically change.
    That's what I rate a low 3 star - or 2. More likely th
    Speeds are misprints - or the 5 star rating is a misprint. Both can't be true. One excludes the other

Oops
    Last edited by sgacock; 07-07-2018 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Double post

Quote Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
    Oops
    Not necessarily, you can have a really bad 40 run if you're just getting 1 shot at a camp. Either bad weather or a stumble out of the blocks can result in that. Some players flat out suck at running a 40. Fenwick ran a 4.9 for example, you turn on the film and there's no way he's a 4.9 40 player.

Quote Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
    Not necessarily, you can have a really bad 40 run if you're just getting 1 shot at a camp. Either bad weather or a stumble out of the blocks can result in that. Some players flat out suck at running a 40. Fenwick ran a 4.9 for example, you turn on the film and there's no way he's a 4.9 40 player.
    Is Fenwick a 5 star? No. Guys who "flat out suck" at runnning the 40 don't get 5 stars. Unless they are Olinemen who have other measureables

Quote Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
    Is Fenwick a 5 star? No. Guys who "flat out suck" at runnning the 40 don't get 5 stars. Unless they are Olinemen who have other measureables
    The reality is you don't know the weather conditions he did it in, when he did it, or anything else. He's had plenty of exposure to verify if he's a great player regardless of him running another time to make up for a bad time or not.

I donít care what Evansí 40 time is at this point, that will improve as he fills out. The kidís a Stud, and Champ needs to recruit him hard like everyone else.

1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar

Arden Key, Darius English and Devin Taylor are DEs with similar heights and weights.

The 40 time is little troubling for a Buck, not so much for a DE. DEs need quick twitch and short bursts more than straightaway speed. If he is rated that high, he must have the needed attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
    Arden Key, Darius English and Devin Taylor are DEs with similar heights and weights.

The 40 time is little troubling for a Buck, not so much for a DE. DEs need quick twitch and short bursts more than straightaway speed. If he is rated that high, he must have the needed attributes.
    Taylor came in rather light but ran a 4.72 at 6-7 266 at the combine. The reported measureables for Evans just seemed out of line to me for a highly-rated HS player. I think he certainly would fill out, get stronger, and may have a lot of talent, but 5.08 in the 40 is not "fast-twitch" It's mid-range 390 plus DT speed. I think his numbers are likely much better than reported, though with HS guys it's usually the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
    Taylor came in rather light but ran a 4.72 at 6-7 266 at the combine. The reported measureables for Evans just seemed out of line to me for a highly-rated HS player. I think he certainly would fill out, get stronger, and may have a lot of talent, but 5.08 in the 40 is not "fast-twitch" It's mid-range 390 plus DT speed. I think his numbers are likely much better than reported, though with HS guys it's usually the opposite.
    Keep in mind they don't rank guys 5 stars for no reason. He clearly has something that jumps out as a football player. He could have gone to one camp and run 1 bad 40. I have a feeling his 40 time will not still be 5.08 by the time he's a senior.

Quote Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
    The reality is you don't know the weather conditions he did it in, when he did it, or anything else. He's had plenty of exposure to verify if he's a great player regardless of him running another time to make up for a bad time or not.
    I do not really disagree with you. Let me clarify. The reported size plus the reported speed do not equal five star in any universe. Therefore, either: (1) the rating or (2) the size or (3) the speed is incorrect. I believe it is probably the speed. Whether it is a misprint or a bad day is irrelevant. It is probably the relevant measure able that is wrong. Maybe he had diahrehea that day and was running with clenched cheeks. Maybe it was weather. Doesn't matter Why, just that it must be wrong.

Now, if he was a 300 lb Tackle it would be a different story.

I done care about star rating not the 40 time.. I respect the coaches doing the evaluation!!! Muschamp, Thompson and Fields know ballers when they see them!!!

As a former trackster i promise a tall lankey kid that doesn't know how to get out of the starting blocks will run bad 40 no matter how fast he is... The technique can be learned... After it is we'll get a better idea of how quick and explosive he is.. The point I am trying to make is why some 4.5 guys can smoke a 4.4 guy in a 60 or 100 meter race

Offered by Bama

Ohio State just offered

He'll have offers from most schools in the country, one of the best prospect out there. just got to keep working him and see how it ends up. Hopefully he wants to stay close to home because him on top of some of the SC DL in the 2020 class would make arguably the top DL class in the country.