Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: WBB seat fee ripoff

Default Re: WBB seat fee ripoff

Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
    Please..Someone who knows the answer, tell me what the cost of season tickets in row 4 were and what they will be in the coming season and how many home games that includes. Exactly what kind of $ are we talking about?
    The upcoming schedule is not out yet but last season there were 15 home regular season games plus an exhibition game. Sec 105 Row 4 last year cost $70 per season ticket. This year those same seats will cost $270 per season ticket. Less than $5 per game last season to slightly over $17 per game this season. Still dirt cheap but a significant increase for those affected.

Edited for accuracy. Should be $70 and $270.
    Last edited by GarnetGhost; 07-10-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GarnetGhost View Post
    15 home regular season games plus an exhibition game. Sec 105 Row 4 last year lost $75 per season ticket. This year those same seats will cost $275 per season ticket. Less than $5 per game last season to slightly over $17 per game this season.
    thats why i dont understand why they just dont raise tickets $2.

i think the wbb games average about 15k...that would be 45K extra per game x 15 games..thats $450k per year.

$5/game seems incredibly low for a div 1 game

Quote Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
    thats why i dont understand why they just dont raise tickets $2.

i think the wbb games average about 15k...that would be 45K extra per game x 15 games..thats $450k per year.
    Likely because they want make more profit while continuing to lead the country in attendance. The new price being complained about it still probably chump change to a lot of USC fans. While if you are a someone who is only playing a low ticket price the extra 2 dollars actually factors in whether you will buy or not. Common sense would tell you they have had done their research on the matter since they are going this direction. They have probably hired someone to look up price models and such. If $5 general admission is super cheap it's best not to mess with that in my opinion if you want to maximize profit and attendance. It makes good sense to me.

Didn't we go through this with football yet Williams-Brice is still loaded up.

Yes WBB is a great bargain, especially considering USC is one of the elite teams in the sport. Season ticket prices are extremely reasonable, about $90 per including the mandatory handling fee. Tacking on a $400 seat fee changes the discussion quite a bit. Some seats have a $200 fee.

http://www.itsgreattobeagamecock.com/wbb18/

Yellow Bellied Sapsucker hank scorpio's Avatar

#Fake Smart

Thanks for posting the graphic. In the interest of accuracy, my handling fee was $20 but we get 2 seats so not sure if that's $10 per seat or $20 per invoice.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
    Thanks for posting the graphic. In the interest of accuracy, my handling fee was $20 but we get 2 seats so not sure if that's $10 per seat or $20 per invoice.
    Since we're interested in accuracy , I don't where those guys got the idea that single tickets were $5 . Unless they are under the age of 18 . Five bucks might get you in if you're under 18 . For adults , I'm guessing at least 8 or 9 dollars . I know it's 7 dollars for an adult to get into a regular season softball game . Five dollars for soccer & volleyball .

Not really relevant in this thread about season tickets and seat licences anyway . Personally I think the rise in seat licences was mostly a way to cater to some big donors . Many of them jumped on the WBB bandwagon late , and they were upset that they couldn't buy their way into the seats they wanted . So the administration gave a way to do just that .

edit - Ok , I guess the $5 was dividing the season ticket cost by the number of games . I didn't read the entire thread .
    Last edited by scfastpitch; 07-10-2018 at 08:28 PM.

1st Team All-American Cockhornleghorn's Avatar

The upcoming schedule is not out yet but last season there were 15 home regular season games plus an exhibition game. Sec 105 Row 4 last year cost $70 per season ticket. This year those same seats will cost $270 per season ticket. Less than $5 per game last season to slightly over $17 per game this season. Still dirt cheap but a significant increase for those affected.

Edited for accuracy. Should be $70 and $270.
    Wow,you sit close to me.

Outrageous 500% increase coming for people in first four rows. This is going to price me out, a loyal fan who drives down from Charlotte for most games.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...214368049.html
    This is true in all phase of society. You get a nicer car..you pay extra..nicer room at a hotel...extra....WBB was the exception and now they are following the rule that has existed for as long as man has been alive. The best has always cost more. You got some great years at a bargain basement price.

Quote Originally Posted by superfly View Post
    This is true in all phase of society. You get a nicer car..you pay extra..nicer room at a hotel...extra....WBB was the exception and now they are following the rule that has existed for as long as man has been alive. The best has always cost more. You got some great years at a bargain basement price.
    I understand premium seating, and that nice cars are expensive. What sucks in this situation is the way those people who are directly affected by the seat fee are being treated in the transition if they don't absorb the 500% increase.

I understand premium seating, and that nice cars are expensive. What sucks in this situation is the way those people who are directly affected by the seat fee are being treated in the transition if they don't absorb the 500% increase.
    Sandlapper I can understand your frustration. How do you think the ticket office should accommodate those unable or unwilling to pay the premium seat fee in acquiring new seats?

It's not like they are being banned from coming to the game, it's called capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by sosfan812 View Post
    It's not like they are being banned from coming to the game, it's called capitalism.
    So that's your standard for fair treatment, not being banned from the games? OK.

Are you Ray Tanner?

Sandlapper I can understand your frustration. How do you think the ticket office should accommodate those unable or unwilling to pay the premium seat fee in acquiring new seats?
    Give them a brochure of all the other seating options they have for sale. No further accomodation necessary .

So that's your standard for fair treatment, not being banned from the games? OK.

Are you Ray Tanner?
    What is the standard for fairness? This: The one(s) that own a commodity sets the price it wants to and the person who wants the commodity agrees to pay that price or they don't. Seems perfectly fair to me.

1st Team All-American Cockhornleghorn's Avatar

Itís not like there arenít other lower level seats available; they wonít have to move to the top of the upper deck.

Quote Originally Posted by scfastpitch View Post
    Since we're interested in accuracy , I don't where those guys got the idea that single tickets were $5 . Unless they are under the age of 18 . Five bucks might get you in if you're under 18 . For adults , I'm guessing at least 8 or 9 dollars . I know it's 7 dollars for an adult to get into a regular season softball game . Five dollars for soccer & volleyball .

Not really relevant in this thread about season tickets and seat licences anyway .Personally I think the rise in seat licences was mostly a way to cater to some big donors . Many of them jumped on the WBB bandwagon late , and they were upset that they couldn't buy their way into the seats they wanted . So the administration gave a way to do just that .

edit - Ok , I guess the $5 was dividing the season ticket cost by the number of games . I didn't read the entire thread .
    100% correct. Anyone that thinks this has anything to do with revenue or retaining Dawn is just being naive. It's not like we are talking about a money making sport here come on. If it was about revenue they would jack up all seats in the lower bowl 3 dollars and put a seat fee of $50 on all season tickets in lower bowl. Someone else said something about the colsieum and he is right in a degree. If you show you're trying it makes others more likely to help. This is about getting more of the bigger money people to the games. The same as what went down with the YES program. Get them more involved so you can come back in 5 years with a handout

Are you Ray Tanner?
    Fair treatment? You do know it's not a god given right to sit in the front 4 rows don't you?