Thread: NCAA Denies LSU Cornerback Kristian Fulton's Appeal of Two-Year Ban

Default NCAA Denies LSU Cornerback Kristian Fulton's Appeal of Two-Year Ban

Default Re: NCAA Denies LSU Cornerback Kristian Fulton's Appeal of Two-Year Ban

I found a couple of things interesting in the article:

1). LSU and Fulton are not denying that he used someone else's urine for the test, but rather that the test was to target performance enhancing drugs, and Fulton hit on recreational drugs. Fulton's punishment was for tampering with a drug test -- which he did.

2). Apparently both LSU and GA has softened their team drug policy this year, to be more forgiving of athletes.
    Bison

The "other" M. Lattimore ucan'tlickourcocks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FurmanCock View Post
    2). Apparently both LSU and GA has softened their team drug policy this year, to be more forgiving of athletes.

SHOCKER!!!

Bad news.... cuts down on number of potential Buldog suspensions for 9/1..... Course we all know Kirby would wait for another weekend to "enforce" any drug policy...... laughable nowadays.....

Yellow Bellied Sapsucker hank scorpio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post

SHOCKER!!!

Bad news.... cuts down on number of potential Buldog suspensions for 9/1..... Course we all know Kirby would wait for another weekend to "enforce" any drug policy...... laughable nowadays.....
    Yeah, but Muschamp did the same thing to us one time when he was at florida...I think it was jarvis moss, but am not sure.

edit: actually it was urban meyer that did it...can't believe that was 12 years ago.
    #Fake Smart

SHOCKER!!!

I don't know the details, but I think UGA actually had a fairly strict drug policy previously, so this may have just brought them in line with what other SEC schools are doing. Maybe one of the resident dawgs will stop by and give their take.

GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS bigdawg77's Avatar

Yep we were killing ourselves for some moral high ground BS we had the toughest policy in the SEC. It's still fairly strict but not so far above everyone else that you put us at a competitive disadvantage

After denying Fulton's appeal just a couple of weeks ago, somehow the NCAA has now decided to let Fulton play this year. Announced in plenty of time to play all season.

In the meantime, SC is still waiting to hear about Belk's eligibility.
    Bison

Pompous Ass Hillbilly GregoryHouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FurmanCock View Post
    I found a couple of things interesting in the article:

I wonder if that is a proactive measure with the changes policies on marijuana...
    I don't worry about falling skies as much as I worry about low ceilings.

Official Baseball Chick USCBatgirl21's Avatar

SHOCKER!!!

That would actually work in our favor, would it not? ;)
    What can I say...
    I swear like a sailor & use please and thank you like a saint...
    I'm complicated

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
    I wonder if that is a proactive measure with the changes policies on marijuana...
    I think one of the changes was to reduce the number of consecutive months without a positive test needed to expunge a previous positive test. The number went from 6 months to 4 months. So even though the penalties increase in severity with additional positive tests, they allow for previous positives to be dismissed to eliminate the chance that some of the more severe penalties will be enforced.
    Bison

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post
    Yep we were killing ourselves for some moral high ground BS we had the toughest policy in the SEC. It's still fairly strict but not so far above everyone else that you put us at a competitive disadvantage
    Yep bad combination because Athens always has some of the best weed