Thread: 2020 MBB PJ Hall

Default 2020 MBB PJ Hall

6'8, 215 PF Dorman, HS South Carolina

https://247sports.com/Player/PJ-Hall-46050786/

teammates with Myles Tate. Rated #2 player in SC. Has been offered recently by South Carolina, Clemson and Florida among others.

https://youtu.be/NeYWD7II-c4

Default Re: 2020 MBB PJ Hall

Will visit for Jawja game Saturday and meet with Coach Frank!!!

He's probably Duke bound, but this kid is for real.

P.J. was on campus today as his sister Thayer plays for Florida’s volleyball team. TBS reported earlier he was also going to take in some of MBB ‘s practice. He showed up at the volleyball center a couple points into the beginning of the fourth set. So wherever he was, he missed most of his sister’s game and caught the end.

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

Rivals' updated ratings has Hall the 66th ranked overall player. He's favoring Florida these days, don't think we're recruiting him much....

Rivals Bio

We are recruiting him and he has been on campus multiple times. Wait til this fall. We will know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
    We are recruiting him and he has been on campus multiple times. Wait til this fall. We will know more.

Correct. He was on campus again today I understand and he really likes Frank and our coaching staff. Don't know if we will get him but he certainly seems to have a very strong interest in us.

His Sister will drag him into Gator swamps.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    His Sister will drag him into Gator swamps.
    Maybe not. He may have a girlfriend in the upstate he wants to see.

Maybe not. He may have a girlfriend in the upstate he wants to see.
    So do yíall think we have a good chance at landing this guy? I really believe he is an NBA talent and could be a big difference maker in us making the tournament consistently. His sister is at Florida and his girlfriend as of now is at Clemson. Does anyone have any information on what Hall could be thinking? Iím tired of the recruits that we donít get saying they love Frank but donít want to come to USC.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
    So do y’all think we have a good chance at landing this guy? I really believe he is an NBA talent and could be a big difference maker in us making the tournament consistently. His sister is at Florida and his girlfriend as of now is at Clemson. Does anyone have any information on what Hall could be thinking? I’m tired of the recruits that we don’t get saying they love Frank but don’t want to come to USC.
    I've always thought he was headed to Florida. Never bought the Tennessee crap. Don't think Coach Frank can reel him in.

I've always thought he was headed to Florida. Never bought the Tennessee crap. Don't think Coach Frank can reel him in.
    I like Frank but at this point it's just kind of a given that he's gonna miss out on the top in state guy. I don't understand what is so great about Coach White at Florida he's good but nowhere near as good as Billy Donovan was. If we can get Tate maybe he can twist Hall's arm or something, since Kotsar and Henry are graduating we really could use a versatile big like PJ Hall

I like Frank but at this point it's just kind of a given that he's gonna miss out on the top in state guy. I don't understand what is so great about Coach White at Florida he's good but nowhere near as good as Billy Donovan was. If we can get Tate maybe he can twist Hall's arm or something, since Kotsar and Henry are graduating we really could use a versatile big like PJ Hall
    I hear Frank is slow playing Tate and could lose him to WV. Hope its b.s. But that's what I heard.

I hear Frank is slow playing Tate and could lose him to WV. Hope its b.s. But that's what I heard.
    WV ? Did you mean to say Virginia Tech ?

Not just Frank but Brownell and numerous other former USC and Clemson coaches usually miss out on the top in-state talent. Top SC players for many years have gone to out of state programs. I will say this, Frank and his staff are working their butts off trying to keep the top players here. That's all he can be expected to do. This is much different than the latter Spurrier football years when hard recruiting did not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
    Not just Frank but Brownell and numerous other former USC and Clemson coaches usually miss out on the top in-state talent. Top SC players for many years have gone to out of state programs. I will say this, Frank and his staff are working their butts off trying to keep the top players here. That's all he can be expected to do. This is much different than the latter Spurrier football years when hard recruiting did not exist.
    You think things would change after a run to the Final four though. I guess itís all about brand though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
    I agree he's doing all he can do. I suspect that part of the problem is lack of support and failure by the University to raise the visibility of the men's program. Frank has implied as much in the past. Everything goes into promoting the football program, but men's basketball is an afterthought.

I agree he's doing all he can do. I suspect that part of the problem is lack of support and failure by the University to raise the visibility of the men's program. Frank has implied as much in the past. Everything goes into promoting the football program, but men's basketball is an afterthought.
    I definitely think USC could do more and I think we could easily get 15k attendance every game in CLA if basketball got the Marketing football did. But if we get good players and win, fans will show up. Getting Hall or guys like him will help. Hell the NCAA tournament game in Greenville was packed with Gamecock fans

1st Team All-American Roosterboy's Avatar

Did not make his cut.
    Shame. Wish him well and move on.
    Baseball
    SEC Champs: 2000, 2002, 2011
    CWS Appearances:
    1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
    Two-time National Champs