Thread: Man - Fire - Food

Default Man - Fire - Food

They did an episode about a Bar-B-Que restaurant in Gilbert, SC called "Price's"? I have never been there for a meal and it looks as though everything that they cook is mustard base on the sauce end, which is not my favorite, but I guess I could eat it if their food is good.

Anybody been there yet or in the past?

1st Team All-SEC RoosterBooster's Avatar

Default Re: Man - Fire - Food

Quote Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
    They did an episode about a Bar-B-Que restaurant in Gilbert, SC called "Price's"? I have never been there for a meal and it looks as though everything that they cook is mustard base on the sauce end, which is not my favorite, but I guess I could eat it if their food is good.

Anybody been there yet or in the past?
    Mustard is not my favorite sauce either. With that said, for mustard it is pretty good, they smoke on Oak. I haven't been in a while but they used to have catfish on Fridays. Sides are good and they have homemade cakes that are very good.
    I HATE ORANGE

Pretty decent little joint. It's at the corner of Shore Rd and Ervin Price Rd. It's kind of a hole-in-the-wall type of place - small dining area, but like most places like that, just has a cozy, local feel.The wife and I have been frequenting them of late since we are moving near there. I like it. :)

Smoking the meat over oak must be what I taste. There is a definite (good) smoke flavor to their bbq.

They also have shrimp on the bar - it's good!!!

Went to Price's today for lunch...little no frills place which I'm cool with...food was good but the sauce doesn't do it for me...some mustard base sauces are fine but theirs taste like straight up Frenchs mustard, to me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by uscfan1 View Post
    Went to Price's today for lunch...little no frills place which I'm cool with...food was good but the sauce doesn't do it for me...some mustard base sauces are fine but theirs taste like straight up Frenchs mustard, to me at least.

I appreciate the heads up about the mustard base. I am planning on going there soon, but as you say about too much mustard taste - it would kind of turn me off from becoming a repeat customer. That being said, I still want to try it once.