Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

Quote Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
    The ceiling for this team is much lower than it would be if we had the injured players available, and if Couisnard had been playing all season. But, even with those limitations, we have done well in the SEC thus far. Assuming there will be no more injuries, this team has a chance to make the NCAAT. Not guaranteed, but a chance. If they could make that Tournament, I would consider it to be a successful season.
    Yeah, this may turn out to be one of those seasons that we look back on and think, "if only."

So we're now 102(-2 from yesterday) in the NET rankings and 13th in the sec rankings. Despite losing Vandy, Georgia and Missouri had all moved up despite Georgia and Missouri having lost by 10 or more points. OSU is 75 and is still in the realm of being a quadrant 1 game for Saturday.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamyke View Post
    Cudd also
    Cudd is one of the injured and not available. We only have 8 SS players available. We are having an amazing SEC run being this short handed but I am afraid we will run out of gas as our 8 guys are having to play too many minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
    Cudd is one of the injured and not available. We only have 8 SS players available. We are having an amazing SEC run being this short handed but I am afraid we will run out of gas as our 8 guys are having to play too many minutes.
    They really need to expand the roster number to 15. Although, having 5 players unavailable is unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
    They really need to expand the roster number to 15. Although, having 5 players unavailable is unusual.
    Women have 15. I also would like to have 15 on the men's team to allow for injuries and illness. You are right, having 5 players unavailable is unusual. Frank said except for one year when he was coaching high school basketball he has never seen anything like this. Hopefully this will never happen to us again as it puts us at a huge disadvantage.

Should we get Minaya back, and nobody else gets hurt, we should have enough depth. But, we don't know if its going to turn out that way. Minaya could choose to redshirt, and someone else could get hurt. With all the injuries this season, I would not be surprised if someone else gets hurt.

This was a disappointing loss today against OKST, but it doesn't hurt our conference record.

Frank will have the team up for the UT game just like they were for the AUB and MSST games.

The Gs are much improved but still have to learn how to penetrate very good zone defenses.

It's still not the end of the world, but we're out of Mulligans after today's loss.

Unless the unthinkable happens, we're headed to the NIT.
    University of South Carolina '19

Well we're now firmly in last place in the conference with NET rankings at 113. I assumed losing on the road to a higher ranked OSU on the road within 5 points would drop us about 5 spots or so instead of 11, but clearly I don't understand these rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEKEM View Post
    Well we're now firmly in last place in the conference with NET rankings at 113. I assumed losing on the road to a higher ranked OSU on the road within 5 points would drop us about 5 spots or so instead of 11, but clearly I don't understand these rankings.

We have beaten 5 SEC teams that have a better ranking than we do. I don't give the rankings much validity.

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEKEM View Post

OKST's went from 76 to 70.

Not a bad loss in terms on NET rankings, especially if Boynton is able to kickstart the program with whatever walk-ons he adds to backfill the players that he kicked off the team.

My perception is our NET ranking and actual conference ranking will be pretty close by season's end, for better or worse.

We just can't have anymore "teaching point losses" to lesser teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
    Unless the unthinkable happens, we're headed to the NIT.
    I doubt we make the NIT.