Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 392

Thread: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

  1. #21
    Gamecocks R US MGMT CockyLifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Grand Strand SC
    Posts
    6,102

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eug Cock View Post
    So excited I'm gonna be in town for the first preseason game!
    Will be my first time ever seeing the Cocks in the CLAw!!!!!!!

    I bet you are! You'll have a great time!
    Gamecock born, Gamecock bred
    When I die I'll be Gamecock dead...
    Currently raising more Gamecocks to carry the torch!

  2. #22
    Starter JDuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    1,289

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
    When does practice begin?
    On Monday according CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein.

    It used to be these Midnight Madness events rang in the very moment when teams were able to start practicing hence the mid nite start.

  3. #23
    Two Deep treyno2722's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cape Coral, Florida
    Posts
    1,112

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    It's hard to believe they were 17-16 last year. It seems like they were worse than that. We know that we can count on Silva. If we can more consistency out of Kotsar, Minaya, and Haase. Both Gravett and Kotsar had worse years last year compared to 2016-17. I would like to see them at .500 in the SEC. I see 5 tough out of conference games.

  4. #24
    Household Name thumpin big's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brevard, NC
    Posts
    5,186

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
    On Monday according CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein.

    It used to be these Midnight Madness events rang in the very moment when teams were able to start practicing hence the mid nite start.
    Thanks.

    I've seen a few short videos of the team doing weights, running, etc.. Not much of them on the court yet. When practice begins, I hope Frank will hold a presser and give us an update on things.

  5. #25
    Game MVP 92Pony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by treyno2722 View Post
    It's hard to believe they were 17-16 last year. It seems like they were worse than that. We know that we can count on Silva. If we can more consistency out of Kotsar, Minaya, and Haase. Both Gravett and Kotsar had worse years last year compared to 2016-17. I would like to see them at .500 in the SEC. I see 5 tough out of conference games.
    They need to be feeding Kotsar nothing but sandspurs and thumbtacks in the off-season. If that kid would show some aggression and develop a mean streak, he could be a terror.
    Last edited by 92Pony; 09-19-2018 at 05:05 PM.

  6. #26
    Starter Spur20001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Greenwood, South Carolina
    Posts
    1,302

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    One newcomer being overlooked by many is Moss. I look for him to be one of our better freshman this season. Also think Campbell is going to be a much better player than most believe.

  7. #27
    Household Name thumpin big's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brevard, NC
    Posts
    5,186

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
    One newcomer being overlooked by many is Moss. I look for him to be one of our better freshman this season. Also think Campbell is going to be a much better player than most believe.
    I also read somewhere that Devan Downey played against Cuisnard and was impressed by him.

  8. #28
    Blue Chip willyb's hotdogs#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    mount pleasant
    Posts
    742

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    another sc elite is going out of state, josiah james to tennessee. wtf FRANK! lie if you have to, just get them to sign! we couldnt get woods, byrnes, williamson, and now this guy who wouldn’t even entertain cfm with an ov. NOT GOOD!!
    but i guess Clemson didn’t get anything either. Maybe we should choose another state to recruit. cali? give the staff a condo out there on south beach and we can beat the bushes in l.a.


    My other qb is a Bentley

  9. #29
    Blue Chip willyb's hotdogs#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    mount pleasant
    Posts
    742

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    sorry, left juwan gary out, he’s going to bama.


    My other qb is a Bentley

  10. #30
    2nd Team All-SEC Senior Rooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lexington. SC
    Posts
    2,660

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
    I also read somewhere that Devan Downey played against Cuisnard and was impressed by him.


    Some good news then!


    OORAH!!!!!!!

  11. #31
    Household Name thumpin big's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brevard, NC
    Posts
    5,186

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by willyb's hotdogs#1 View Post
    another sc elite is going out of state, josiah james to tennessee. wtf FRANK! lie if you have to, just get them to sign! we couldnt get woods, byrnes, williamson, and now this guy who wouldn’t even entertain cfm with an ov. NOT GOOD!!
    but i guess Clemson didn’t get anything either. Maybe we should choose another state to recruit. cali? give the staff a condo out there on south beach and we can beat the bushes in l.a.

    Clemson had him for an OV and still couldn't sign him. Every player is different. Recruit the guys who want to come and don't worry about the ones who don't.

  12. #32
    1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mt. Pleasant
    Posts
    12,123

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by 92Pony View Post
    They need to be feeding Kotsar nothing but sandspurs and thumbtacks in the off-season. If that kid would show some aggression and develop a mean streak, he could be a terror.
    I thought the lightbulb went off towards the end of the season for Kotsar. He actually started finishing the (seemingly) out of control drives, and he was making some of his short jumpers and free throws.

    That is one thing that I do not worry about - players improving year to year under Frank. That is why I feel confident about the NCAA tournament - having improved PG play and guys like Kotsar and Minaya getting better.

  13. #33
    2nd Team All-SEC Senior Rooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lexington. SC
    Posts
    2,660

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
    I thought the lightbulb went off towards the end of the season for Kotsar. He actually started finishing the (seemingly) out of control drives, and he was making some of his short jumpers and free throws.

    That is one thing that I do not worry about - players improving year to year under Frank. That is why I feel confident about the NCAA tournament - having improved PG play and guys like Kotsar and Minaya getting better.


    I think they will too.


    OORAH!!!!!!!

  14. #34
    1st Team All-SEC markymark550's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Irmo, SC
    Posts
    4,926

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by treyno2722 View Post
    It's hard to believe they were 17-16 last year. It seems like they were worse than that. We know that we can count on Silva. If we can more consistency out of Kotsar, Minaya, and Haase. Both Gravett and Kotsar had worse years last year compared to 2016-17. I would like to see them at .500 in the SEC. I see 5 tough out of conference games.
    I don't think you can definitively say that Kotsar and Gravett were worse last year. Kotsar improved his scoring, rebounded about the same, and improved his free throws. Turnovers will be an issue with Gravett, but his shooting improved tremendously. FG% went from 29.3% to 39.9% and his 3% went from 21.7% to 32.2%. I know people will focus on the turnovers, but the last point guard to average under 2 turnovers a game was Ty Johnson.

  15. #35
    Walk On THEONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    FERNANDINA BEACH,FL
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    Alonzo Frink is now a beast at 265. I am sure he will lose some weight but he among other things can handle ball, shoot three and gives us 5 fouls in the paint and has great hands.

  16. #36
    Household Name thumpin big's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brevard, NC
    Posts
    5,186

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by THEONE View Post
    Alonzo Frink is now a beast at 265. I am sure he will lose some weight but he among other things can handle ball, shoot three and gives us 5 fouls in the paint and has great hands.
    I can hardly wait to see all of the guys in action. I try not to expect a lot from freshmen, but I think we have a good group of them. And we're going to need some of them to play this season. Especially the guards/small forwards. Have to wait and see where Frink lands in the rotation. With 4 other experienced guys in the post, we'll see how much he plays this season.

  17. #37
    Starter JDuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    1,289

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
    I also read somewhere that Devan Downey played against Cuisnard and was impressed by him.
    On 247 Sports. A poster relayed Derek Scott telling story on 107.5 that Downey and Cousinard played in a pick up game at a June summer b-ball camp. Devan asked Jermaine where he played thinking he was an overseas pro or an upperclassmen at a high major school. Said when DD learned JC was an incoming fr., he was amazed at how good he was.
    https://247sports.com/college/south-...ard-120972746/

  18. #38
    Household Name thumpin big's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brevard, NC
    Posts
    5,186

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
    On 247 Sports. A poster relayed Derek Scott telling story on 107.5 that Downey and Cousinard played in a pick up game at a June summer b-ball camp. Devan asked Jermaine where he played thinking he was an overseas pro or an upperclassmen at a high major school. Said when DD learned JC was an incoming fr., he was amazed at how good he was.
    https://247sports.com/college/south-...ard-120972746/
    Hey, thanks for that! That's where I read it. But I forgot the details. Thanks.

  19. #39
    Starter AndersonCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Anderson SC
    Posts
    1,291

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    Quote Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
    On 247 Sports. A poster relayed Derek Scott telling story on 107.5 that Downey and Cousinard played in a pick up game at a June summer b-ball camp. Devan asked Jermaine where he played thinking he was an overseas pro or an upperclassmen at a high major school. Said when DD learned JC was an incoming fr., he was amazed at how good he was.
    https://247sports.com/college/south-...ard-120972746/
    The kid must be good then! Devan was an absolute freak! Maybe I just love him cause he was only 5'8 but he could pop a 3 from anywhere and his reflexes were lightning quick! I'd say Devan was arguably the best player Carolina has had this century. It's a shame Horn was such a shitty coach. As much as I complain about Frank's recruiting he is overwhelmingly a better coach than that slick bum Darrin Horn. Hopefully Cousinard lights it up this year! Wasn't Cousinard being flirted with by Kansas?

  20. #40
    The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Conway, SC
    Posts
    17,462

    Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

    I have no idea how this team will turn out. We have some veteran players in Silva, Kotsar, Minaya, and Gravette, as well as some experienced reserves in Haase, Hinson, and Cudd. The incoming group looks decent, but IMO the big million dollar question will be how quickly the newcomers pick up CFM's defense, and executes it to his expectations.

    That was the biggest obstacle last season in addition to finding a dependable PG to quarterback the team on the floor, and also IMO it played the biggest role in the 51-win consecutive seasons that resulted in a Final Four appearance. Frank Martin's teams will always have the best results based on defense moreso than offense, and it's never been something at USC that was quickly picked up by his teams. Hopefully our veteran players do a better job of setting an example for the youngsters than they did last season....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •