Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

  1. #61
    Recruit Milks26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

    I would like to see Angel Reese, Hannah Gusters, Sarah Andrews and Treasure Hunt on our squad. But, Baylor/Mulkey have a strong hold on a lot of the kids coming out of TX. They might be a difficult get.


    I guy I work with told me that this kid is "nasty" (he's words) #7 Saniya Rivers 97 None G 5-10 Emsley A. Laney H.S. (NC) out of the 2021 class. He said she's real bad.
    ~Silence is Golden and duct tape is Silver~

  2. #62
    1st Team All-SEC AmonRa777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    greenwood sc
    Posts
    4,319

    Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Milks26 View Post
    I would like to see Angel Reese, Hannah Gusters, Sarah Andrews and Treasure Hunt on our squad. But, Baylor/Mulkey have a strong hold on a lot of the kids coming out of TX. They might be a difficult get.



    I guy I work with told me that this kid is "nasty" (he's words) #7 Saniya Rivers 97 None G 5-10 Emsley A. Laney H.S. (NC) out of the 2021 class. He said she's real bad.
    We have a good relationship with Gusters! Hannah will not choose the same school as Aliyah Boston! We have a great shot at Cochran, Reese, Hunt and Kylee Watson. Getting Andrews out of Texas the year after signing Zia Cooke would be a coup! Andrews is Baylors top target. Olivia Cochran is the most underrated player in the 2020 class. Cochran is a great PF. Underrated because she is only 6'2" . But she is a baller!

  3. #63
    Recruit Milks26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

    Yes, Andrews would be a coup that probably will not happen. Henderson and Cooke - I see her going elsewhere.
    Just checked Cochran out on youtube. Okay, okay. I like what I see.
    I'll be fine with a decent pull in 2020. Signing the 2019 #1 class will probably scare kids away. Look what happened to Baylor in 2018 after signing their 2017 class - 1 player.
    ~Silence is Golden and duct tape is Silver~

  4. #64
    4-Star Phillygamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    485

    Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Milks26 View Post
    Yes, Andrews would be a coup that probably will not happen. Henderson and Cooke - I see her going elsewhere.
    Just checked Cochran out on youtube. Okay, okay. I like what I see.
    I'll be fine with a decent pull in 2020. Signing the 2019 #1 class will probably scare kids away. Look what happened to Baylor in 2018 after signing their 2017 class - 1 player.
    I think some players will be scared away BUT we will only have 8 scholarship players on the roster so if they actually do their research they'll see that there is space available. But like I said previously, I hope we don't carry more than 12 total or we run the risk and having more transfers out. We will most need some guards/wings in this class because there will be only 3 of them (Henderson, Cooke and Beal) in 2020.

  5. #65
    Starter Spur20001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Greenwood, South Carolina
    Posts
    1,298

    Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

    If Dawn goes with only 12 total it keeps the players happy and cuts down on players leaving but if she gets hit by the injury bug as Frank did this season we are in trouble.

  6. #66
    4-Star Phillygamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    485

    Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
    If Dawn goes with only 12 total it keeps the players happy and cuts down on players leaving but if she gets hit by the injury bug as Frank did this season we are in trouble.
    This is definitely a possibility but I think Dawn sometimes uses too many players during games. You see this across the country with teams shortening the rotation, especially during the bigger games. There may be a few times during the season where we won games with our depth but I also think it hurt sometimes always rotating different players in.

  7. #67
    1st Team All-SEC AmonRa777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    greenwood sc
    Posts
    4,319

    Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygamecock View Post
    This is definitely a possibility but I think Dawn sometimes uses too many players during games. You see this across the country with teams shortening the rotation, especially during the bigger games. There may be a few times during the season where we won games with our depth but I also think it hurt sometimes always rotating different players in.
    Depends on who the players! It's never bad to have great talent and depth. Baylor was the deepest team in the nation. They wound up with a 7 player rotation after DeCosta and a guard were injured. The same happened to us in 2017! It's not about having too ma players. It's about how well they mess as a team. After we lost Coates more space was created for Kaela and Allisha to penetrate! We became more potent offensively and quicker defensively.

  8. #68
    Starter JDuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    1,288

    Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

    @Raoul_000
    WBB: Top-25 2020 prospect Sasha Goforth, 6-0 SG, Fayetteville HS (AR), has narrowed her list to Arkansas, Oregon State, and Texas A&M


    Held offer from USC.

  9. #69
    1st Team All-SEC AmonRa777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    greenwood sc
    Posts
    4,319

    Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
    @Raoul_000
    WBB: Top-25 2020 prospect Sasha Goforth, 6-0 SG, Fayetteville HS (AR), has narrowed her list to Arkansas, Oregon State, and Texas A&

    Held offer from USC.
    No surprise! I always thought she would stay home!

  10. #70
    The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Conway, SC
    Posts
    17,455

    Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    No surprise! I always thought she would stay home!
    So you're saying that Goforth will choose not to go forth?

  11. #71
    Starter JDuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    1,288

    Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

    Raoul
    WBB: Hannah Gusters, 6-4 C, Irving MacArthur HS (TX), has announced her commitment to Baylor, their first 2020 commit; she's ranked in the top ten in her class

    Held offer from USC.

  12. #72
    Walk On 85gamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings


  13. #73
    2nd Team All-SEC scfastpitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    columbia
    Posts
    2,541

    Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

    2022 Lazaria Spearman offered by USC

    Lazaria Spearman@SpearmanLazaria 2h2 hours agoMore



    Very thankful to receive an offer from @GamecockWBB and Head Coach @dawnstaley

  14. #74
    Game MVP superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    WHATCHAMACALLIT, EGYPT
    Posts
    1,863

    Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygamecock View Post
    This is definitely a possibility but I think Dawn sometimes uses too many players during games. You see this across the country with teams shortening the rotation, especially during the bigger games. There may be a few times during the season where we won games with our depth but I also think it hurt sometimes always rotating different players in.
    I remember when the class of Bianca, Aja, and the others (ranked No.2 overall) Dawn used the bench as much as she used the starters. It worked very well that year and gave the freshmen an opportunity to build their game. I imagine Dawn will do much the same with this group.

  15. #75
    The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Conway, SC
    Posts
    17,455

    Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by superfly View Post
    I remember when the class of Bianca, Aja, and the others (ranked No.2 overall) Dawn used the bench as much as she used the starters. It worked very well that year and gave the freshmen an opportunity to build their game. I imagine Dawn will do much the same with this group.
    We may need to out of necessity this coming season. In 2014-15, we had a full returning cast of starters in Mitchell, Welch, Ibiam, Sessions, and Dozier, with sophomore Coates that played a huge role as well, even if she wasn't a regular starter. This coming season, we'll have only Harris and Herbert-Harrigan as major returning starters and leaders. We'll also have returning reserves in Henderson, Saxton, Grissett, and Wesolek, but none of them ever established themselves as ready to start and become leaders.

    So the incoming freshmen - and Littleton too if she earns a waiver from the NCAA - can make a strong case for themselves to earn major minutes next season, and the staff I feel will be very open to giving them the opportunity, unless some of those reserves show urgency and step up their games....

  16. #76
    1st Team All-SEC AmonRa777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    greenwood sc
    Posts
    4,319

    Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

    My prediction for 2020 class:
    Olivia Cochran forward 6'1"
    Treasure Hunt wing 6'0"
    Angel Reese forward 6'3"

  17. #77
    4-Star bbbbookert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    columbia
    Posts
    440

    Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    My prediction for 2020 class:
    Olivia Cochran forward 6'1"
    Treasure Hunt wing 6'0"
    Angel Reese forward 6'3"
    I like your thinking

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •