Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

Default Re: 2020 WBB - Hoopgurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    Your premise is faulty. First of all A'ja joined a loaded experienced championship team. Secondly, the talent of this class is extraordinary. There is no way Amihere and Boston will not start by January. They are so much better than the upper classmen on the roster. I love Saxton. But Amihere is very A'ja like. Boston might be the best pure center Dawn has recruited. Cooke and Beal will play a lot. But I don't see them starting unless there is injury.
    So where would Kiki go.. If Boston n amihere start by January

Quote Originally Posted by bbbbookert View Post
    So where would Kiki go.. If Boston n amihere start by January
    KiKi will start at 4 and Amihere at 3. At 6'5" Amihere would still be one of the quickest 3 s in the league.

KiKi will start at 4 and Amihere at 3. At 6'5" Amihere would still be one of the quickest 3 s in the league.
    Amihere is 63 and I think KiKi would be at the 3 before Amihere. KiKi has a pure shot and played the 3 at times with Jennings and Wilson. My starting five would be Harris Henderson Grissett Harrigan and Saxton. Or Harris Henderson Harrigan Saxton and Boston.

Just depends on development, Amihere is still not practicing with the team so she may be a little behind once the season starts. However, she strikes me as a hard worker so the outcome will be quite different from White when she started with us. Im not sure why people keep sleeping on Saxton. She plays and rebounds well above 62 and can totally handle the 5.

Im very impressed with this class, they all seem so committed to gamecock basketball and I love the fact in interviews one or more of them spoke on playing 4 years. Excited for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinghardheaded View Post
    Amihere is 6’3” and I think KiKi would be at the 3 before Amihere. KiKi has a pure shot and played the 3 at times with Jennings and Wilson. My starting five would be Harris Henderson Grissett Harrigan and Saxton. Or Harris Henderson Harrigan Saxton and Boston.

Just depends on development, Amihere is still not practicing with the team so she may be a little behind once the season starts. However, she strikes me as a hard worker so the outcome will be quite different from White when she started with us. I’m not sure why people keep sleeping on Saxton. She plays and rebounds well above 6’2” and can totally handle the 5.

Im very impressed with this class, they all seem so committed to gamecock basketball and I love the fact in interviews one or more of them spoke on playing 4 years. Excited for this team.
    It's not about her height. It's about speed and agility. Amihere is incredibly quick. Faster than A'ja. She guarded all 5 positions in high school. She played 3 some on the Canadian Olympic team. She can play 3&4. She can guard smaller players better than KiKi. She is also a better ball handler and passed than Kiki. For the record Laeticia Amihere is 6'4" . She might be the best athlete Dawn has ever recruited.

As for her health. Amihere is good to go. She is working out with the team. The Staff is being overly cautious until fall practice. But she is not in a brace and moving very well.

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

It's not about her height. It's about speed and agility. Amihere is incredibly quick. Faster than A'ja. She guarded all 5 positions in high school. She played 3 some on the Canadian Olympic team. She can play 3&4. She can guard smaller players better than KiKi. She is also a better ball handler and passed than Kiki. For the record Laeticia Amihere is 6'4" . She might be the best athlete Dawn has ever recruited.

As for her health. Amihere is good to go. She is working out with the team. The Staff is being overly cautious until fall practice. But she is not in a brace and moving very well.
    It's a good problem to have. We have a lot of quality guards/wings - Harris, Henderson, Cooke, Littleton, Beal - so Amihere will have opportunities at the 3/4/5, but IMO the 4 & 5 spots are where she will play the most. Herbert-Harrigan, Grissett, Saxton, and even Wesolek will provide depth at the 5 and spell Boston, and Amihere can also play minutes there with her length. But until someone solidifies the 3 or 5 spots, there will be fluid rotation at the spots. Kiki already has the 4-spot locked down, as a player the staff knows can not only play the position, but flourish and be a leader there.....

Quote Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
    It's a good problem to have. We have a lot of quality guards/wings - Harris, Henderson, Cooke, Littleton, Beal - so Amihere will have opportunities at the 3/4/5, but IMO the 4 & 5 spots are where she will play the most. Herbert-Harrigan, Grissett, Saxton, and even Wesolek will provide depth at the 5 and spell Boston, and Amihere can also play minutes there with her length. But until someone solidifies the 3 or 5 spots, there will be fluid rotation at the spots. Kiki already has the 4-spot locked down, as a player the staff knows can not only play the position, but flourish and be a leader there.....
    Agree with you on Kiki

Your premise is faulty. First of all A'ja joined a loaded experienced championship team. Secondly, the talent of this class is extraordinary. There is no way Amihere and Boston will not start by January. They are so much better than the upper classmen on the roster. I love Saxton. But Amihere is very A'ja like. Boston might be the best pure center Dawn has recruited. Cooke and Beal will play a lot. But I don't see them starting unless there is injury.

I think not. Dawn's defensive system is very complex. I coached for years and even though she is bringing in immense talent, she does not like lack of execution on defense, thus she will lean to the upperclassmen until they prove to be a negative. Alaina Coates did not start until her junior year and judging by the interviews, Dawn has made it very clear that the success will be about the the team an not particular people. Saxton, played too well last year and is someone that Dawn seems to compare heavily to a taller Welsch. We can agree to disagree, but I believe that only one of the newcomers will start this year until it is apparent that their is a problem. I believe that person will most likely be Boston, if it happens. We will see.

Also remember, when A'ja joined the team, there was not way she or Alaina were not better than Ibiam, whom they subbed in for all the way and up to the final four. Dawn likes experience and the ability to bring the talent along in a manner where they do not get exposed by more experienced players. It helps protect their confidence and growth, which is something A'ja noted in many interviews as she reflected on her years here. Remember, Cliney continued to start last year, and though I loved her effort, no one would say she was our most talented player last year. Just a few opinions on how the lineups will shake out to start the season.

Quote Originally Posted by sharris952 View Post
    I think not. Dawn's defensive system is very complex. I coached for years and even though she is bringing in immense talent, she does not like lack of execution on defense, thus she will lean to the upperclassmen until they prove to be a negative. Alaina Coates did not start until her junior year and judging by the interviews, Dawn has made it very clear that the success will be about the the team an not particular people. Saxton, played too well last year and is someone that Dawn seems to compare heavily to a taller Welsch. We can agree to disagree, but I believe that only one of the newcomers will start this year until it is apparent that their is a problem. I believe that person will most likely be Boston, if it happens. We will see.
    Dawn must play the freshmen or they will transfer out , love saxton but she must contribute offensive or it will be like playing 4 on 5 again when playing uconn...

Quote Originally Posted by sharris952 View Post
    That perspective is oblivious to the fact this is one of the talented class in wbb history. Nothing is going to keep Amihere and Boston out of that lineup. Dawn will not hold these phenom back over some protocol of seniority. Kiki ,Ty and Destanni are sure starters. Boston will likely start day 1. Saxton might start early. But Amihere will start by January. The question I have is how the three guard lineup will look.

Quote Originally Posted by bbbbookert View Post
    Dawn must play the freshmen or they will transfer out , love saxton but she must contribute offensive or it will be like playing 4 on 5 again when playing uconn...
    Shown below are the freshmen stat lines for two players: Kiki and Victaria. You tell me which is which because they're nearly indistinguishable, especially if you consider the difference in MPG. If Saxton makes a sophomore leap, she'll be just fine and will get useful minutes. If only she was a couple inches taller with a little bigger wingspan....

Player 1: 28 GP, GS 1, 10.4 Min/game, 4.1 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 57.1%FG%, 35 blocks, 14 steals.
    Player 2: 37 GP, GS 3, 16.5 Min / game, 4.9 PPG, 3.9 RPG, 46.7%FG%, 39 blocks, 14 steals.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
    Shown below are the freshmen stat lines for two players: Kiki and Victaria. You tell me which is which because they're nearly indistinguishable, especially if you consider the difference in MPG. If Saxton makes a sophomore leap, she'll be just fine and will get useful minutes. If only she was a couple inches taller with a little bigger wingspan....

Player 1: 28 GP, GS 1, 10.4 Min/game, 4.1 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 57.1%FG%, 35 blocks, 14 steals.
    Player 2: 37 GP, GS 3, 16.5 Min / game, 4.9 PPG, 3.9 RPG, 46.7%FG%, 39 blocks, 14 steals.
    Your points per game on KiKi are wrong. Also she started more than 3 games

Your points per game on KiKi are wrong. Also she started more than 3 games
    Take it up with USC - those are the numbers provided under the Stats tab at the official team site.

https://gamecocksonline.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6422

Quote Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
    Thanks. I was trying to transfer those over on an ipad while traveling....

After further research (I watched a FIBA game) I can humbly say you were absolutely right. I knew she was good, but she is a freaking beast. She has some major skills for her size. Reminds me of Dewanna Bonner. I can’t believe I was downplaying her talent.

After further research (I watched a FIBA game) I can humbly say you were absolutely right. I knew she was good, but she is a freaking beast. She has some major skills for her size. Reminds me of Dewanna Bonner. I can’t believe I was downplaying her talent.
    And I saw some pics of the entire incoming class (plus incoming transfer Littleton) - Amihere looks as tall if not taller than Boston, standing beside her. Don't know if she was wearing heels or something, but she'll do well in the paint. She doesn't have hips or thickness that Boston has - it gets REALLY physical in the paint for SEC WBB, and bodies need to be tough - but length-wise Amihere should be fine....

After further research (I watched a FIBA game) I can humbly say you were absolutely right. I knew she was good, but she is a freaking beast. She has some major skills for her size. Reminds me of Dewanna Bonner. I cant believe I was downplaying her talent.
    Look at you dropping the Deanna Bonner name impressive she she no respect...

Amihere is 6’3” and I think KiKi would be at the 3 before Amihere. KiKi has a pure shot and played the 3 at times with Jennings and Wilson. My starting five would be Harris Henderson Grissett Harrigan and Saxton. Or Harris Henderson Harrigan Saxton and Boston.

Just depends on development, Amihere is still not practicing with the team so she may be a little behind once the season starts. However, she strikes me as a hard worker so the outcome will be quite different from White when she started with us. I’m not sure why people keep sleeping on Saxton. She plays and rebounds well above 6’2” and can totally handle the 5.

I love all you guys, but Amihere is not a 3, and neither is Kiki. Amihere did not even play much basketball last year and is still not cleared for practice. Yes, she is an unbelievable athlete, and she will probably be more athletic when she comes back, just because of how much stronger her legs will be and all the upper body work she has put in. But she’s not a 3. She’s not a 3 point shooter.

Kiki, Amihere, Saxton and Boston...those are the 4 post players and they will generally be paired together in some form all season long.

Now, Dawn did run some triple post offense with Muffen, A’ja and Ibiem. You could see that against some man to man teams.

Ty Harris
    Destanni Henderson
    Destiny Littleton
    Kiki Herbert Harrigan
    Aliyah Boston

Zia Cooke
    Olivia Thompson
    Brea Beal
    Laeticia Amihere/ Elisa Wesolek
    Vicataria Saxton

Quote Originally Posted by Cockfather View Post
    I love all you guys, but Amihere is not a 3, and neither is Kiki. Amihere did not even play much basketball last year and is still not cleared for practice. Yes, she is an unbelievable athlete, and she will probably be more athletic when she comes back, just because of how much stronger her legs will be and all the upper body work she has put in. But shes not a 3. Shes not a 3 point shooter.

Kiki, Amihere, Saxton and Boston...those are the 4 post players and they will generally be paired together in some form all season long.

Now, Dawn did run some triple post offense with Muffen, Aja and Ibiem. You could see that against some man to man teams.

Ty Harris
    Destanni Henderson
    Destiny Littleton
    Kiki Herbert Harrigan
    Aliyah Boston

Zia Cooke
    Olivia Thompson
    Brea Beal
    Laeticia Amihere/ Elisa Wesolek
    Vicataria Saxton
    Thank you cockfather for saying it they are not threes to be a three you must be consistent in my opinion unless you are talking bout defensive wise they are three. Neither is cross the hope dawn gets it...