Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

  1. #1
    Bowl MVP dreammachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clearwater, S.C.
    Posts
    2,131

    Default Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    Anybody been there and if so, how was the food?


    They had them as a featured show on "Man - Fire - Food" awhile back.


    I have never been there and will be in Charleston, SC during October and would like to try them out if it is a good place???

  2. #2
    Heisman Candidate gotrice?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Charleston/Columbia
    Posts
    15,144

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    Quote Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
    Anybody been there and if so, how was the food?


    They had them as a featured show on "Man - Fire - Food" awhile back.


    I have never been there and will be in Charleston, SC during October and would like to try them out if it is a good place???
    I consider them non traditional BBQ because to me a lot of their strengths are in non traditional menu items. BBQ nachos, BBQ wrap, BBQ tacos, and of course their wings. Their wings are worth the trip on their own. Also it good place for drinks.

  3. #3
    Game MVP Nassau Gamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Nassau Bahamas
    Posts
    1,778

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    They opened a second location in Snowmass Co. Haven't been there yet.
    under a coconut tree!

  4. #4
    Yellow Bellied Sapsucker hank scorpio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    I Never had Relations with that Russian
    Posts
    1,205

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    pretty sure they're opening one in the old Harper's in five points...
    #Fake Smart

  5. #5
    1st Team All-American gamecockphan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    11,558

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    Echo the wings and bbq nachos being really good.

    The downtown Charleston and Sullivan’s island locations are fun bars with a good crowd of folks.

  6. #6
    Ed O'Bannon must pay Order 66's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Irmo
    Posts
    19,117

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    Quote Originally Posted by hank scorpio View Post
    pretty sure they're opening one in the old Harper's in five points...
    I heard the same.

  7. #7
    New and Improved Fear#5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Columbia, SC/North Augusta, SC
    Posts
    3,577

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    In my opinion, they have the best wings in Charleston.

  8. #8
    Household Name sandstorm2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    6,961

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    I don't think their que will go down as the best youve ever had but you're not likely to find much to complain about either. Solid spot.
    Last edited by sandstorm2001; 09-28-2018 at 11:58 AM.

  9. #9
    2 deep Rooster2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    490

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    Quote Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
    I consider them non traditional BBQ because to me a lot of their strengths are in non traditional menu items. BBQ nachos, BBQ wrap, BBQ tacos, and of course their wings. Their wings are worth the trip on their own. Also it good place for drinks.
    I agree. There are better places in Charleston for bbq like Rodney Scott's for traditional Carolina bbq or Lewis bbq for Texas style bbq. I actually like Duke's on James Island. Its more reasonably priced and they have a great buffet if you're into that.

    Home team has a great atmosphere for gameday though. As stated earlier their wings are great. Be sure to ask for some Alabama white sauce to dip them in.

  10. #10
    1st Team All-American gamecockphan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    11,558

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster2007 View Post
    I agree. There are better places in Charleston for bbq like Rodney Scott's for traditional Carolina bbq or Lewis bbq for Texas style bbq. I actually like Duke's on James Island. Its more reasonably priced and they have a great buffet if you're into that.

    Home team has a great atmosphere for gameday though. As stated earlier their wings are great. Be sure to ask for some Alabama white sauce to dip them in.
    Death relish is also a must to go with the wings.

  11. #11
    1st Team All-SEC pitchcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Goose Creek, SC
    Posts
    4,268

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    As stated, they have great wings, I think they’re the best thing on the menu. The standard ‘que was just “meh” to me.

    Haven’t been impressed by Rodney Scott’s or Lewis’s. To me Swig & Swine blow both of them away.

  12. #12
    Blue Chip Marshall4usc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    Quote Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
    Death relish is also a must to go with the wings.
    This.

    As stated they are moving into 5pts. They have 3 in Charleston (Sullivan's, West Ashley, and Downtown by Lewis). Menus differ but many of the staples crossover. They have one in Aspen too oddly enough.

    Sullivan's is the best one in SC though.

  13. #13
    Official Baseball Chick USCBatgirl21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sec 4, Row 1, Seat 16 - Carolina Stadium
    Posts
    13,540

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    Quote Originally Posted by hank scorpio View Post
    pretty sure they're opening one in the old Harper's in five points...
    They are. Aaron is shooting for after the 1st of the year.
    What can I say...
    I swear like a sailor & use please and thank you like a saint...
    I'm complicated

  14. #14
    Official Baseball Chick USCBatgirl21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sec 4, Row 1, Seat 16 - Carolina Stadium
    Posts
    13,540

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
    I don't think their queue will go down as the best youve ever had but you're not likely to find much to complain about either. Solid spot.
    This. Not the best I've ever had, but pretty damn good. I'm really excited they are coming up here. I lived and worked near the WA location. I miss it.
    What can I say...
    I swear like a sailor & use please and thank you like a saint...
    I'm complicated

  15. #15
    Bowl MVP dreammachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clearwater, S.C.
    Posts
    2,131

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    So, from what I am hearing it is worth the try.

  16. #16
    Heisman Candidate gotrice?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Charleston/Columbia
    Posts
    15,144

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    Quote Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
    So, from what I am hearing it is worth the try.
    Definitely. Just don't go in planning to order a 3 meat plate or something like that. Definitely an original BBQ experience.

  17. #17
    Super Moderator smoovecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Dixie
    Posts
    21,347

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    I met a 6ft 3 in blonde at the Sullivans Island location.

  18. #18
    Household Name sandstorm2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    6,961

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    Quote Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
    I met a 6ft 3 in blonde at the Sullivans Island location.
    What was his name?

  19. #19
    Ed O'Bannon must pay Order 66's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Irmo
    Posts
    19,117

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
    What was his name?

  20. #20
    Two Deep gamecockfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, FL
    Posts
    1,200

    Default Re: Home Team Bar-B-Que In Charleston, SC

    Quote Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
    Trevor Lawrence

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •