Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kelly Bryant transferring .....

Default Re: Kelly Bryant transferring .....

Quote Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
    I can see Kelly Bryant transferring to Arkansas. They are in BAD need of a QB at the moment and it's one of his old coaches.

I know TL has the better arm but does he have the athleticism as Kelly Bryant?
    Oooohh. Points for making this connection. He would fit Chad Morris's offense perfectly. Although, the OL is horrendous.

1st Team All-SEC RoosterBooster's Avatar

Not sure about all of the Tiglets, I only allow one in my organization, but that one has definitely turned on Bryant.
    I HATE ORANGE

I assume KB will finish the semester at Clemson itís too late to enroll in classes at a different school that means heís still on the team just refusing to play?? Clemson is down to 2 scholarship QBs thatís not good. TL looked like a deer in headlights against Tamuís Pass rush. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I still donít expect Clemson to lose. The ACC is as always a shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
    Trevor Lawrence injury coming up
    Dabo would still play him ... look what he did with Watson
    Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
    I agree with Cack.

Quote Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
    Fwiw this is the best option for Bryant ... saves a year of eligibility so he can play somewhere else next year

And itís the best thing for the team

What exactly are you mad about ?
    I'm not talking about this situation in particular. I'm talking about Dabo Swinney the person. I don't like him. He's a POS. I'm not going to laud him for his handling of this situation.

Eff him.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
    Trevor Lawrence injury coming up
    I would laugh

Quote Originally Posted by bcgibson75 View Post
    Totally disagree with this ^^ for multiple reasons...

-Fromm is a helluva better passing QB that Bryant is

-Fromm has been called the leader of that team since Spring Ball '17, even before Eason went down in Week 1.

-Fromm has an ELITE running game (O-Line & RBs) to take pressure off UGAs passing game...Clemson is good, but they're not Jawja

-Fromm plays for Smart...who actually has a spine...doesn't flat out lie to recruits OR make them shut down their visits once they commit to the Taters.

Fromm would literally have to have a simultaneous hunting & fishing accident to keep him from being the starting QB in Athens.

GO COCKS!!
    Mmm, if Fields plays in another game, there goes his redshirt this year. He and Fromm are 1 year apart. Someone is leaving Athens at some point.

And lol @ "Dabo did the right thing". You can bet he was hoping KB would just take it, thinking he'd get another shot. Now if Lawrence goes down, there's a severe dropoff in quality at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
    Don't really see anything Dabo did wrong here. This has happened a million times in college football. Entrenched starter gets unseated by a more talented newcomer. So very common. The only thing different is that we now have the redshirt rule which allows a player to play 4 games without losing a year of eligibility. Same thing that's going on at Bama, except Hurts hasn't indicated he will transfer. The redshirt rule has changed the dynamic of the whole thing.

It's actually honorable that Dabo told Bryant of his decision prior to the Syracuse game. He could have really screwed him by giving him the start and then pulling him for Lawrence and then naming Lawrence the starter going forward. At least now he has a full year of eligibility to play somewhere next year and can start looking around immediately.

Bryant is a very good QB but Lawrence is better. Simple as that. Maybe they'll find out down the road he's not.
    Went back to your old username since your Lancelot alt got banned?

No one is guaranteed position. This has happened a million times where a player gets beats out by a better player. I'm sure Bryant doesn't like the decision but there are numerous scenarios where Bryant could move back into the starting role. He seems a little butt hurt. Adios.

I saw this playing out exactly like Cole Stoudt and Deshaun Watson scenario, so I'm not surprised by this at all. Bryant probably should've transferred in the offseason, but the new rules do give players more flexibility, so it makes sense that he decided to wait it out. I don't actually think Clemson is in the wrong here, either. When you have a chance to win a national title, you have to do what's best for the team -- and as already mentioned, Dabo could've really screwed the kid over but actually didn't.

This is going to be the new, interesting twist of the redshirt rule.

I think Dabo and Bryant did this fine...unless Lawrence hits a slump or gets injured. Then what? I'm willing to bet Tiger fans won't be so cool with Bryant transferring then.

Or do you handle it like Saban? Keep Hurts for the season (assuming he's not announcing a transfer soon). Maybe even entice him--unconditional release kind of thing. With the just-in-case mentality?

The one looming on the horizon is what is going to happen to players like at UT? 4 games in and it's a dumpster fire. You've been in the program 2-3 years and this coach is joke. Do you quit the team 4 games in and apply for redshirt? Do you stay on the team for the workouts and 'team player' tag but refuse to go into a game?

I have watched a fair amount of klempzun games this year and if TL keeps putting the ball at risk when passing it, someone is going to get them. They cant afford any loss this year with the schedule they have.

Official Baseball Chick USCBatgirl21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
    I'm not talking about this situation in particular. I'm talking about Dabo Swinney the person. I don't like him. He's a POS. I'm not going to laud him for his handling of this situation.

Eff him.
    This. He's pretty much tied with JackLegg in my book.
    What can I say...
    I swear like a sailor & use please and thank you like a saint...
    I'm complicated

Honestly Clemson did it the right way
    I disagree (and to some degree I agree).
    I agree that if they were going to make the switch to starting Lawrence and playing him most of the time, do it now, to give Kelly an option to transfer.

The part that I disagree about is moving Lawrence to starter. Kelly is a senior, proven, does things the right way, and has not played badly. I am one of the die-hard gamecock fans that actually feel that Dabo is a really good head coach and a overall pretty good guy (hard to say as he is Clemson), however I am old school, and I think that if you have a senior leader who continues to lead, play well, and represent the program well - YOU STICK WITH HIM. A little different than Alabama, as their quarterback showed his (passing) weakness in the Georgia game last year and needed to be replaced......not the case with Kelly.

This has a good chance of backfiring for Dabo. If Lawrence plays badly, or starts to act like most freshmen with the pressure gets intense, or if he gets injured - then where do you turn?

It could also send the wrong signals to other teammates (especially upper classmates) where earning a position, playing well, and representing your school well - usually pays off.

I think Dabo should have kept the rotation the same, until the case were he had to make a change (like Alabama did)......he should have hung on to both talented QBs and kept giving Kelly the playing time and respect he had earned.

Just Sayin (my opinion).

high midi-chlorian count kick_ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lfowens View Post
    I disagree (and to some degree I agree).
    I agree that if they were going to make the switch to starting Lawrence and playing him most of the time, do it now, to give Kelly an option to transfer.

The part that I disagree about is moving Lawrence to starter. Kelly is a senior, proven, does things the right way, and has not played badly. I am one of the die-hard gamecock fans that actually feel that Dabo is a really good head coach and a overall pretty good guy (hard to say as he is Clemson), however I am old school, and I think that if you have a senior leader who continues to lead, play well, and represent the program well - YOU STICK WITH HIM. A little different than Alabama, as their quarterback showed his (passing) weakness in the Georgia game last year and needed to be replaced......not the case with Kelly.

This has a good chance of backfiring for Dabo. If Lawrence plays badly, or starts to act like most freshmen with the pressure gets intense, or if he gets injured - then where do you turn?

It could also send the wrong signals to other teammates (especially upper classmates) where earning a position, playing well, and representing your school well - usually pays off.

I think Dabo should have kept the rotation the same, until the case were he had to make a change (like Alabama did)......he should have hung on to both talented QBs and kept giving Kelly the playing time and respect he had earned.

Just Sayin (my opinion).
    Just saying in the sense of giving him the option to save his year

Just saying in the sense of giving him the option to save his year

But let's say for argument sake Lawrence does get hurt.

Then, if Clemson falls off, would it had been fair for Bryant to quit midseason to save himself a year but cost the program another playoff bid?

I think this is a lot easier to discuss when things are going well. Same thing at Bama. But if the wheels fall off, the narrative will change from Bryant and Dabo making the best decision to Dabo being an idiot for letting him go and Bryant being a quitter and selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
    But let's say for argument sake Lawrence does get hurt.

Then, if Clemson falls off, would it had been fair for Bryant to quit midseason to save himself a year but cost the program another playoff bid?

I think this is a lot easier to discuss when things are going well. Same thing at Bama. But if the wheels fall off, the narrative will change from Bryant and Dabo making the best decision to Dabo being an idiot for letting him go and Bryant being a quitter and selfish.
    Player has to whatís best for them long term

Player has to whatís best for them long term

Easy to say--but whatever that year was against Clemson. If Connor was hurt but Dylan Thompson had already transferred to Wake Forest or whatever, still cool with it while we watch our best season is a long time go to flames against a rival?

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
    Easy to say--but whatever that year was against Clemson. If Connor was hurt but Dylan Thompson had already transferred to Wake Forest or whatever, still cool with it while we watch our best season is a long time go to flames against a rival?
    Yes .. cause god forbid a college athlete does whatís in the best interest for the future

Fans only see things from fan perspectives .. they want Ws .. college football is a business... the student athletes need to do whatís best for them or they get screwed and the program will roll on

I would rather gameplan for the freshman over Bryant.