Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Camden, SC Eats

  1. #1
    Damn Yankee TKE226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    19,581

    Default Camden, SC Eats

    I will be spending 3 weeks over a 5 week period in Camden at the beginning of next year for work. If anyone has any good food suggestions, please leave them here.

    Will be working for the local hospital...

    Also is there any place to stay, other than a Comfort Inn. Should I look outside Camden and consider the outskirts of Columbia?

  2. #2
    Two Deep Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,240

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    Rent a house on the lake for a month

  3. #3
    Two Deep Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,240

  4. #4
    Former Walk On in-law catdaddy66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lugoff, SC
    Posts
    12,511

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    Across the river in Lugoff you will find two of my favorites, Leo's Wings and Lugoff House of Pizza.

    Camden has several newer places on Broadstreet (hwy 521) though I haven't eaten at any. Hifalutin' and Salud are there and a couple blocks away on Rutledge St is The Old Armory Steakhouse.

    On hwy #1 you will find the usual fast food and chinese/mexican restaurants also. Hope that helps!

  5. #5
    Git Dat Baw Luke Skycocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    North Augusta
    Posts
    47,362

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    Old Armory Steakhouse used to be good, not sure if its still there

  6. #6
    1st Team All-SEC RoosterBooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,328

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    Millpond Steakhouse in Rembert.
    I HATE ORANGE

  7. #7
    Former Walk On in-law catdaddy66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lugoff, SC
    Posts
    12,511

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by RoosterBooster View Post
    Millpond Steakhouse in Rembert.
    Millpond is excellent but it's in Boykin on hwy 261. Lilfred's is in Rembert, though they are not that far apart. Both are south of I-20.

  8. #8
    . cocky0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hampton, SC
    Posts
    9,086

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
    Across the river in Lugoff you will find two of my favorites, Leo's Wings and Lugoff House of Pizza.

    Camden has several newer places on Broadstreet (hwy 521) though I haven't eaten at any. Hifalutin' and Salud are there and a couple blocks away on Rutledge St is The Old Armory Steakhouse.

    On hwy #1 you will find the usual fast food and chinese/mexican restaurants also. Hope that helps!
    I have a buddy who will swear up and down that Leo's is where buffalo wings were invented. I always internally roll my eyes a bit when he starts telling that story.
    ----------------------------------------------

  9. #9
    4-Star DrDarkMatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Beaufort
    Posts
    285

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    Millpond.

  10. #10
    Challenge accepted. etowngangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    etown
    Posts
    5,193

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    Sam Kendall for steak. Salud tequila bar for Mexican. Best 2 restaurants in Camden imo

  11. #11
    Challenge accepted. etowngangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    etown
    Posts
    5,193

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
    Old Armory Steakhouse used to be good, not sure if its still there
    Closed down

  12. #12
    1st Team All-SEC RoosterBooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,328

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
    Millpond is excellent but it's in Boykin on hwy 261. Lilfred's is in Rembert, though they are not that far apart. Both are south of I-20.
    Address is Rembert if you use GPS though.
    I HATE ORANGE

  13. #13
    Tater Edumacated behindenemylines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Oconee County, SC
    Posts
    2,250

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    There used to be a restaurant on US 1 called Magnolia's that served Fried Pork Chops on the buffet on Wednesday. Unsure if it is still in business as I havent been to Camden since 2005.
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember.
    Involve me and I learn. - Unknown

    They whispered to him, "You can not withstand the storm." He whispered back, "I am the storm."

    The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers

  14. #14
    Former Walk On in-law catdaddy66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lugoff, SC
    Posts
    12,511

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
    I have a buddy who will swear up and down that Leo's is where buffalo wings were invented. I always internally roll my eyes a bit when he starts telling that story.
    I know that they (whoever owns it) are HUGE Buffalo Bills fans. Therein may lie the confusion!

  15. #15
    Challenge accepted. etowngangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    etown
    Posts
    5,193

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
    There used to be a restaurant on US 1 called Magnolia's that served Fried Pork Chops on the buffet on Wednesday. Unsure if it is still in business as I havent been to Camden since 2005.
    Closed lol. Was a Japanese place for a while but that closed also. Magnolias was great

  16. #16
    ADIDAS CockRoche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    6,815

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
    I have a buddy who will swear up and down that Leo's is where buffalo wings were invented. I always internally roll my eyes a bit when he starts telling that story.
    That might be about the truth as far as them being in South Carolina. They were in Lugoff a loooong time before I ever saw wings becoming popular anywhere else. The one in Lancaster is a lot better than the one in Lugoff though.

  17. #17
    ADIDAS CockRoche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    6,815

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    Sam Kendall's is dang good to me.
    Steeplechase right across the road is good.
    Millpond and Lilfred's down in Rember/Boykin are supposed to be about as good as it gets.
    If you're staying near Lugoff/Camden, you can definitely ride up the road to Beaver Creek and try out Creekside.
    The Retreat on the Fairfield side of the lake.

  18. #18
    Former Walk On in-law catdaddy66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lugoff, SC
    Posts
    12,511

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by CockRoche View Post
    That might be about the truth as far as them being in South Carolina. They were in Lugoff a loooong time before I ever saw wings becoming popular anywhere else. The one in Lancaster is a lot better than the one in Lugoff though.
    Heresy!!!

  19. #19
    ADIDAS CockRoche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    6,815

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
    Heresy!!!
    We have found the one patron that Linda actually gives decent service to!

  20. #20
    . cocky0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hampton, SC
    Posts
    9,086

    Default Re: Camden, SC Eats

    Quote Originally Posted by CockRoche View Post
    That might be about the truth as far as them being in South Carolina. They were in Lugoff a loooong time before I ever saw wings becoming popular anywhere else. The one in Lancaster is a lot better than the one in Lugoff though.
    Yeah I could believe they were the first in SC. This guy claims they were the first period, though.
    ----------------------------------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •