Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57

Thread: Zion Williamson pay to play

  1. #41
    Pompous Ass Hillbilly GregoryHouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    29,309

    Default Re: Zion Williamson pay to play

    Quote Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
    Why is he allowed to play for them? We would be shut down for having him.

    Bluebloods
    I don't worry about falling skies as much as I worry about low ceilings.

  2. #42
    mac'in aint easy MACXIMVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    outthere
    Posts
    11,872

    Default Re: Zion Williamson pay to play

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    In all honestly, this board likely needs a thread dedicated to the Adidas trail...



    your right my friend and ncaa basketball will be changed soon & will be destroyed

  3. #43
    Heisman Candidate sc455's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    south carolina
    Posts
    16,260

    Default Re: Zion Williamson pay to play

    He was worth every penny

  4. #44
    Two Deep SheckWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Buckhead
    Posts
    1,100

    Default Re: Zion Williamson pay to play

    If he was that much I wonder how much Barret was.
    That dude is going #1

  5. #45
    Heisman Candidate LegalCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    16,573

    Default Re: Zion Williamson pay to play

    It won't be destroyed. Clean it up. Like Frank says the vast majority of college fans come for the name on the front of the jersey.

  6. #46
    BMF gamecock88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    _
    Posts
    7,323

    Default Re: Zion Williamson pay to play

    Quote Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
    He was worth every penny
    Dam straight he was. He dominated UK defenders if you can call them that. Very impressive bunch of freshmen at Duke.

  7. #47
    Two Deep SheckWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Buckhead
    Posts
    1,100

    Default Re: Zion Williamson pay to play

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
    It won't be destroyed. Clean it up. Like Frank says the vast majority of college fans come for the name on the front of the jersey.
    Is it bad to say Iím enjoying it how it is?
    I like these games of super teams

  8. #48
    If C2 doesn't trust you.. CoverTwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    40,198

    Default Re: Zion Williamson pay to play

    Should've given him whatever he wanted.
    Follow me on Twitter! @Ch4ncey

    As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

  9. #49
    Class of 2015 nin_usc_freak92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,840

    Default Re: Zion Williamson pay to play

    Quote Originally Posted by SheckWes View Post
    Is it bad to say Iím enjoying it how it is?
    I like these games of super teams
    It undermines the whole concept of amateur athletics and parity on the recruiting trail. It's hard enough recruiting against teams with nonstop exposure and consistent trips to the dance, let alone when they're allowed to bid on players or offer incentives other programs can't. It's a business in the eyes of the school but the NCAA doesn't want it to be for the players - time to hold everyone to equal standards (ideally in FB as well).

  10. #50
    BMF gamecock88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    _
    Posts
    7,323

    Default Re: Zion Williamson pay to play

    Quote Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
    Should've given him whatever he wanted.
    An impossibility for USC to do that.

  11. #51
    Two Deep SheckWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Buckhead
    Posts
    1,100

    Default Re: Zion Williamson pay to play

    Quote Originally Posted by nin_usc_freak92 View Post
    It undermines the whole concept of amateur athletics and parity on the recruiting trail. It's hard enough recruiting against teams with nonstop exposure and consistent trips to the dance, let alone when they're allowed to bid on players or offer incentives other programs can't. It's a business in the eyes of the school but the NCAA doesn't want it to be for the players - time to hold everyone to equal standards (ideally in FB as well).
    I get what your saying. I donít feel that Basketball one football have been amateur athletics for years now.
    But I donít feel like itís ruined March madness.
    Damn check out the last 5 years final fours, one team that made a Cinderella run to the final four. And in some cases (butler) to the final.

  12. #52
    2nd Team All-SEC CockTail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fleming Island FL
    Posts
    2,908

    Default Re: Zion Williamson pay to play

    Because you only need 2-5 superstars in basketball, it is much easier to pay a small number of players and keep it secret versus football. The one and done rule also makes it easier to cheat as well as the player and the school only have to keep the payments under wrap for about 9 months. If a freshman superstar is ruled ineligible in April, who cares. The school says it knew nothing about the payment and fires some assistant coach.
    Q:Why did the Rooster cross the road?
    A:To kick a Tiger's Ass

  13. #53
    Heisman Candidate sc455's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    south carolina
    Posts
    16,260

    Default Re: Zion Williamson pay to play

    Quote Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
    Because you only need 2-5 superstars in basketball, it is much easier to pay a small number of players and keep it secret versus football. The one and done rule also makes it easier to cheat as well as the player and the school only have to keep the payments under wrap for about 9 months. If a freshman superstar is ruled ineligible in April, who cares. The school says it knew nothing about the payment and fires some assistant coach.
    to beat duke you need 5 unbelievable player...not 5 great players..forget this 2-4 rap..

  14. #54
    1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mt. Pleasant
    Posts
    12,057

    Default Re: Zion Williamson pay to play

    Quote Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
    to beat duke you need 5 unbelievable player...not 5 great players..forget this 2-4 rap..
    So how many did we have when we beat them?

    To all of the people that cry when a player goes out of state, this explains some of the reasons why. With the taint from Lamont Evans, and the fact that we are not a Duke, Kansas, UNC or UK, we have to avoid even the hint of impropriety.

  15. #55
    Two Deep SheckWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Buckhead
    Posts
    1,100

    Default Re: Zion Williamson pay to play

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
    So how many did we have when we beat them?

    To all of the people that cry when a player goes out of state, this explains some of the reasons why. With the taint from Lamont Evans, and the fact that we are not a Duke, Kansas, UNC or UK, we have to avoid even the hint of impropriety.
    In a knockout tournament where itís one and done anything can happen.
    Look at the last couple tourneys thereís been a 7 or higher seed make the final four the last 5 years.
    Doesnít mean we are better programs just beat them in that game.

    Why I like the way football does it better and would hate if they expanded the playoff.
    Going through the SEC undefeated should have a much bigger prize than just advancing to a playoff.
    Why I also enjoy european soccers format. Play everyone twice and at the end of a grueling season the team with the best record is the Champ.

  16. #56
    Household Name kingoftheroost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    7,391

    Default Re: Zion Williamson pay to play

    Quote Originally Posted by SheckWes View Post
    In a knockout tournament where itís one and done anything can happen.
    Look at the last couple tourneys thereís been a 7 or higher seed make the final four the last 5 years.
    Doesnít mean we are better programs just beat them in that game.

    Why I like the way football does it better and would hate if they expanded the playoff.
    Going through the SEC undefeated should have a much bigger prize than just advancing to a playoff.
    Why I also enjoy european soccers format. Play everyone twice and at the end of a grueling season the team with the best record is the Champ.
    Sorry to contribute to derailing the thread, but the CFP absolutely needs to be expanded. How does it make sense that a team is automatically in the "semi-final" in the first "round"?

  17. #57
    Two Deep SheckWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Buckhead
    Posts
    1,100

    Default Re: Zion Williamson pay to play

    Quote Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
    Sorry to contribute to derailing the thread, but the CFP absolutely needs to be expanded. How does it make sense that a team is automatically in the "semi-final" in the first "round"?
    I prefer the old BCS. But we can take that to PM.
    Iím also selfish. Because it helps us most

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •