Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: 12th game officially vs Akron

  1. #1
    OC in waiting cocksman08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    263

    Default 12th game officially vs Akron


  2. #2
    Looking for Lee Ho Fook's cocknblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Durham
    Posts
    2,655

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    a.k.a. "Bowden Beat-Down"

  3. #3
    Household Name uscjeremynca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,977

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    LOVE THIS!!! Girlfriend went to Akron and is from Ohio. We will actually be in South Carolina and hopefully going to UT Chattanooga game two weeks before! This will be fun!!

  4. #4
    1st Team All-SEC sosfan812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    4,866

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    So the other 2 threads about this didn't suffice? Lol

  5. #5
    Heisman Candidate Flameout12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Anthem, AZ
    Posts
    18,406

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    Looks like it's all zipped up.

  6. #6
    Blue Chip Cockfucius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Back on Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    601

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    Quote Originally Posted by cocksman08 View Post
    Soooo, not as simple as using the Marshall ticket to get into the Akron game for Gamecock Club season ticket holders? What am I missing?
    神爱世人!

  7. #7
    Blue Chip Cockfucius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Back on Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    601

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockfucius View Post
    Soooo, not as simple as using the Marshall ticket to get into the Akron game for Gamecock Club season ticket holders? What am I missing?
    Answer to my basic question, from gamecocksonline:

    Refunds from the Sept. 15 Marshall game to those individuals who bought them from the USC ticket office are currently in process and are expected to be completed by Nov. 15. Please be aware that tickets from the Marshall game will not be honored for the Dec. 1 game, as the refunds for that game have been processed and submitted.
    神爱世人!

  8. #8
    Household Name TaySC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Aiken
    Posts
    6,718

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockfucius View Post
    Soooo, not as simple as using the Marshall ticket to get into the Akron game for Gamecock Club season ticket holders? What am I missing?

    Back when the game with Marshall was cancelled, Ray Tanner said that they would do refunds and that if/when a new game was scheduled you would have to purchase tickets to the new game.


    Not sure why they did it this way, but they are being true to what they have said all along.

  9. #9
    Most hated poster. AikenRooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The poor man's side of Aiken, SC
    Posts
    5,936

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    Quote Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
    Back when the game with Marshall was cancelled, Ray Tanner said that they would do refunds and that if/when a new game was scheduled you would have to purchase tickets to the new game.


    Not sure why they did it this way, but they are being true to what they have said all along.
    if GC members can't have access to their seats, for this game, then there out to be lawsuits. The PSL is for the whole season. Hopefully, the right thing is done.
    Hopefully, refunds were done to prevent fraud and because it would have been impossible to recover to tickets sent to Marshall???
    We got shutout by Virginia, in football. Let that sink in.

  10. #10
    Most hated poster. AikenRooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The poor man's side of Aiken, SC
    Posts
    5,936

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    We got no business playing Akron. I'm really disappointed with us not challenging an opponent from the Power 5 conferences.
    We got shutout by Virginia, in football. Let that sink in.

  11. #11
    Latti Light Cockin It's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    TAAAAAAAAAAAMPAAAAAAAA
    Posts
    772

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    Quote Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
    We got no business playing Akron. I'm really disappointed with us not challenging an opponent from the Power 5 conferences.
    Good point. Because scheduling two cupcakes a year would be too much...
    -this message has been sent via my cock messenger



  12. #12
    Been caught moddin' Spur's Addiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Raaaawlee, NC
    Posts
    23,656

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    Letís just all bitch and moan about things about a rescheduled games for a cancelled game out of our control. Geesh man. Iím going to serve up some cheese with the whine.

  13. #13
    Household Name kingoftheroost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    7,391

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    Quote Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
    Let’s just all bitch and moan about things about a rescheduled games for a cancelled game out of our control. Geesh man. I’m going to serve up some cheese with the whine.
    Yep. Personally, I'm just glad we get to see the team play another game. It hasn't been beautiful this season, but this is still the team we all supposedly love to watch.
    Last edited by kingoftheroost; 11-03-2018 at 08:34 AM.

  14. #14
    Household Name TaySC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Aiken
    Posts
    6,718

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    I don't think he understands how this all works..... you have to find a team that had a game cancelled, you can't just take a poll and play any team that you want to.



    We also needed a HOME game to make up for the home game we lost, so no Power 5 team that also lost a HOME game would be wiulling to travel and give up that home money.


    Add to all of that, why would we replace our 2nd easiest game on the schedule with a tough game? It makes no sense...

  15. #15
    1st Team All-SEC wincocks84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Summerville
    Posts
    3,823

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    I too would have liked to see a tougher opponent, but I guess I can understand other teams not wanting to play an away game in Williams Brice. Of course this is assuming we reached out to them in the first place.

  16. #16
    Gamecocks R US MGMT CockyLifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Grand Strand SC
    Posts
    6,101

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    Quote Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
    I don't think he understands how this all works..... you have to find a team that had a game cancelled, you can't just take a poll and play any team that you want to.



    We also needed a HOME game to make up for the home game we lost, so no Power 5 team that also lost a HOME game would be wiulling to travel and give up that home money.


    Add to all of that, why would we replace our 2nd easiest game on the schedule with a tough game? It makes no sense...
    Perfect can't top this explanation!
    Gamecock born, Gamecock bred
    When I die I'll be Gamecock dead...
    Currently raising more Gamecocks to carry the torch!

  17. #17
    Gamecocks R US MGMT CockyLifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Grand Strand SC
    Posts
    6,101

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    I am excited to get to play a game in December regardless I think it will be neat.
    Gamecock born, Gamecock bred
    When I die I'll be Gamecock dead...
    Currently raising more Gamecocks to carry the torch!

  18. #18
    Household Name kingoftheroost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    7,391

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    Quote Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
    I am excited to get to play a game in December regardless I think it will be neat.
    Kind of related to that; I wonder if anyone would be in favor of moving the CU game to earlier in the season.

  19. #19
    Starter BringBackGarcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    1,327

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    Over/under actual attendance: 35k?

  20. #20
    Bowl MVP tpep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    back in the saddle again
    Posts
    2,448

    Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

    Quote Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
    I too would have liked to see a tougher opponent, but I guess I can understand other teams not wanting to play an away game in Williams Brice. Of course this is assuming we reached out to them in the first place.
    assuming there were any available. The choices were very limited to start with. Several have possible conference championships that came into play

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •