Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12th game officially vs Akron

Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

Quote Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
    I too would have liked to see a tougher opponent, but I guess I can understand other teams not wanting to play an away game in Williams Brice. Of course this is assuming we reached out to them in the first place.
    This situation was extremely limited in terms of choice. Anytime you have the reschedule a game without the original team you're going to have slim pickings. The reality is that it's at least not a huge difference from Marshall.

Just go for the ball JerseyBird's Avatar

Well Akron's cancelled game that opened up the spot for the Zips was at Nebraska, so we could have scheduled them and flipped a two-headed coin for who gets home
    Beat, um, somebody!

Most hated poster. AikenRooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
    Letís just all bitch and moan about things about a rescheduled games for a cancelled game out of our control. Geesh man. Iím going to serve up some cheese with the whine.
    There's a big difference between a chicken and a fighting gamecock. I know what our rivals call us. We don't need to give them any proof.
    We used to not be scared of anyone.
    We got shutout by Virginia, in football. Let that sink in.

Been caught moddin' Spur's Addiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
    There's a big difference between a chicken and a fighting gamecock. I know what our rivals call us. We don't need to give them any proof.

1 - we were rescheduling the marshal game.

2 - we were very limited in available teams.

3 - you assume that whatever team we picked would want to come to Columbia to play.

Get off your high horse. It would have been great to play a better team. Yes. But options were severely limited.

We got no business playing Akron. I'm really disappointed with us not challenging an opponent from the Power 5 conferences.
    It's possible that we'll need this win to get to a bowl game, so I'm sure that was taken into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockfucius View Post
    Soooo, not as simple as using the Marshall ticket to get into the Akron game for Gamecock Club season ticket holders? What am I missing?
    Could not be any more simple really. They refunded our money. If you want your same seats for this game just log into your account and get them before nov 19

Pretty simple
    Flying the Gamecock Flag from the mountains of North Carolina!

Quote Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
    Could not be any more simple really. They refunded our money. If you want your same seats for this game just log into your account and get them before nov 19

Pretty simple
    Or you can wait for when the athletic department realizes that theyíre going to be left holding the bag, they offer special deals at half price.

3 - you assume that whatever team we picked would want to come to Columbia to play.

Get off your high horse. It would have been great to play a better team. Yes. But options were severely limited.
    Exactly I could understand if it was a makeup game for Clemson or something. But considering that we're not likely to be in the running for any top tier bowls I don't see what there is to complain about. So trading Marshall for Akron isn't significant and I don't see how playing a subpar Nebraska would benefit in anyway either.

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
    Over/under actual attendance: 35k?
    Depends. If we go 3-1, hell even 2-2 with a respectable showing @Florida, over the next month I'll consider attending the game. If we go 1-3, I probably won't even watch on TV.

Zips fans are a little upset because at 4-4 and projecting the rest of their schedule, they now see themselves landing on 5-7 and no bowl.

So this means we are their bowl game.
    "I'd rather have to say whoa than giddy-up" - Coach Will Muschamp

Most hated poster. AikenRooster's Avatar

Yeah, I just heard Coach Tanner's comments on the pregame interview with Todd Ellis. I intended to come on here and apologize for jumping the gun, but I won't do that now, due to your condescending attitude.
    In fact, I'm getting a little bit more than tired of being talked to like a kid on this website.
    We got shutout by Virginia, in football. Let that sink in.

Heisman Candidate carolina_corpsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
    Or you can wait for when the athletic department realizes that theyíre going to be left holding the bag, they offer special deals at half price.

I didn't get tickets this year, did GCC members get refunded for parking? Or can they just use their Marshall pass?

Letís just all bitch and moan about things about a rescheduled games for a cancelled game out of our control. Geesh man. Iím going to serve up some cheese with the whine.
    I'm probably the happiest person on the board about this!!

You do realize there are a limited number of teams to choose from right? Only those who had games cancelled due to the hurricane would be eligible to play. That's a small number considering teams are already scheduling make up games. All other teams would have to play 13 games for us to play 12 so we had to take what we could get especially if we wanted to find a team that would play us at home.

All the complaining needs to stop. There were very limited choices. The storm only canceled a few games. Letís enjoy having another game after what could be a very ugly trip upstate. This would give us an upbeat team heading into a good bowl game.

Yeah who cares really. We are rebuilding and the more wins we can get the better. Hopefully we'll end up in the Gator Bowl against a big name opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by rbeer View Post
    All the complaining needs to stop. There were very limited choices. The storm only canceled a few games. Letís enjoy having another game after what could be a very ugly trip upstate. This would give us an upbeat team heading into a good bowl game.
    This is not directed at you specifically but to all those you have conceded the Clem kitty game. I have not. I am predicting a win

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster'srule View Post
    This is not directed at you specifically but to all those you have conceded the Clem kitty game. I have not. I am predicting a win
    Historically, this is the game the underdog would win. Like your attitude here!!!
    "Fear causes hesitation,
    And hesitation causes
    Your worst fears
    to come true." Bodhi.

Most likely the stands will be half empty, plenty of seats for everyone who wants to go. Akron might have 12 fans, unless all of the Ohio people who moved to SC come to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Zips fans are a little upset because at 4-4 and projecting the rest of their schedule, they now see themselves landing on 5-7 and no bowl.

So this means we are their bowl game.
    They will make more profit from playing us tgen they would a bowl game.