Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: 2020 DL - Jordan Burch

Default Re: 2020 DL - Jordan Burch

I have no problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
    Iron usually is pretty close on a lot of things recruiting. I would not throw out or discount anything he says concerning recruits.
    He constantly gets blasted on the paid sites for his bad takes and constant negativity. I would question everything. The "rumor" about Burch's Mom is one example. Total garbage.

1st Team All-American sporkgod50's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sosfan812 View Post
    I stand up to constant negativity no matter where or whom.

A few post to IF , about his negativity, every year doesn't constitute " fixated".
    I do not agree with your statements. Nor do I have much patience for posts like yours that fill up a recruits thread with things off topic. Just hit ignore if you don't want to see what he says.
    what would a mama buffalo call her son who finds both sexes attractive?

a bison.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
    IF is okay - he does do research, so someone is saying that we are #3, right or wrong. It may just be an "insider" basing his opinion on the fact that we are up against two more successful programs, and not on any real inside knowledge. The Burches have kept it really close to the vest, so I would be surprised if there is any strong indication.

A Tater had hypothesized that Burch was waiting until later in the process to announce so he would not have to play the season with a South Carolina commit, the son of the South Carolina coach, and a former Gamecock QB as his coach - e committed to Clemson. But an equally plausible explanation is that Burch wants to see how the season unfolds for South Carolina.

The schedule is not that tough. We replace Mississippi with Alabama, and App State is a tougher OOC opponent than, say, Coastal. But Alabama is just one game, we should beat App State anyway, and some of our opponents are not as good this year - like UK, who lose their star players on Offense and Defense. And - without the injuries that decimated our Defense - we win one, and possibly three, more games. We had UF beat at the Swamp until we ran out of defenders, we played well enough on Offense to beat Clemson, and - with a Defense - we could have held UVA down and been able to practice for the game.
    ....What?

We play the preseason #1, 2, 3, 10, 12, 21. That's half our schedule in the top 25, a third in the top 10, a fourth in the top 3. There are probably plenty of schools who won't even play three ranked teams, and we're playing the top three ranked teams.

If we're legitimately the 25th best team in the country, and games played out according to ranking, we'd still be a 6-6 team. I don't care how good we were/are, or how the games played out last year, this is objectively an extremely tough schedule. Downplaying that difficulty only does us a disservice.

One of our big pitches to recruits (from what I hear) is come here to play against the best. Don't undermine that by claiming that the most difficult schedule in the country "is not that tough".

I swear it must be the heat. Everyone is turning into pricks around here.

Buckle up, BOOM Comin' SCohioBoy's Avatar

Are you new to CT? It's been this way for a long time. There are always those few negative folks that always bring negative crap here and rile everyone else up.
    "We played the State Championship in a place called Death Valley," he said. "I looked up in the fourth quarter and the only ones still alive were the Gamecocks."--SOS

I have an idea - drop it.

The incorrect comment was said, we argued about it. No reason to continue further or call each other stupid.

Back to Burch.
    Do ya thing

1st Team All-American sporkgod50's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
    Are you new to CT? It's been this way for a long time. There are always those few negative folks that always bring negative crap here and rile everyone else up.
    And people without the sense to let them be. Anyway. It's been quiet around here for actual news. Does anyone know if the message boards for other teams that are recruiting him is equally silent?
    what would a mama buffalo call her son who finds both sexes attractive?

a bison.

Any talk about Burch on his thread ?

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID14 View Post
    Lol some say we’re in 3rd place and far behind Clemson and UGA but I find that hard to believe. If Burch wants to play right away he’ll come to Carolina if he wants a more realistic shot at winning a title he’ll go to the other schools. The Bulldog insiders apparently feel more confident but most of those guys get paid to make guesses and write bullshit.

1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar

Sandstorm, we play UGA and Clemson every year. Alabama is the only significant addition, and there are several teams that will be weaker than last year - UK for instance. In fact, we return more starters than any of our opponents except UT, who has 10 starters back on Offense - which is maybe not a good thing since their Offense sucked. And we will get our Defense back healthy.

We should beat UK, I can see us beating UF at home, Mizzou will not be as good, even TAMU is beatable. Even Alabama and Clemson will have a drop-off and we get both at home. It might not be enough to get Ws, but then if we are progressing in Year Four like we should, it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
    You realize his "info" is stuff he takes off pay sites boards.
    Does it make him wrong? I'd say even though recruiting gurus are often wrong, they are correct a lot more often than random fans on a message board who use "hope" as their information.

People are confusing their "hope" or "want" of Burch to be a Gamecock with information on where he's leaning or what his factors are. No one knows anything. We probably won't know anything until he stops following a bunch of coaches to a school on social media the night before he announces.

Running in a Sandstorm Gamecockboyo's Avatar

South Carolina is not sitting in 3rd with Burch and that whole thing about Burch's mom is a terrible rumor that just won't die.

Buckle up, BOOM Comin' SCohioBoy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogunwo View Post
    Does it make him wrong? I'd say even though recruiting gurus are often wrong, they are correct a lot more often than random fans on a message board who use "hope" as their information.
    didn't say it did. I will say this, after being on this board for a long time, you know who really has good information and who does not.
    "We played the State Championship in a place called Death Valley," he said. "I looked up in the fourth quarter and the only ones still alive were the Gamecocks."--SOS

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecockboyo View Post
    South Carolina is not sitting in 3rd with Burch and that whole thing about Burch's mom is a terrible rumor that just won't die.
    I'm reading this with my garnet colored glasses, so I'm going to choose to believe you mean we lead and am running with it!! Awesome!! Go Gamecocks!! Come on down Mr. Burch!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
    Sandstorm, we play UGA and Clemson every year. Alabama is the only significant addition, and there are several teams that will be weaker than last year - UK for instance. In fact, we return more starters than any of our opponents except UT, who has 10 starters back on Offense - which is maybe not a good thing since their Offense sucked. And we will get our Defense back healthy.

We should beat UK, I can see us beating UF at home, Mizzou will not be as good, even TAMU is beatable. Even Alabama and Clemson will have a drop-off and we get both at home. It might not be enough to get Ws, but then if we are progressing in Year Four like we should, it could happen.
    I don't necessarily disagree with some of the points you're making, I just don't think they aren't necessarily applicable to how difficult our schedule is. It is true that we play Clemson and Georgia every year, but it's not until more recently that this has meant having two top 3 teams on the schedule. How many starters we're returning is irrelevant to how good our opponents are. I'm not going to go through the whole post point by point, but you get the idea.

It sounds like maybe what you're going after is how competitive we can be with our schedule. I would agree that we should be in a position to play with the big boys this year. That said, we have a lot of good teams on our schedule, and happen to have the three best, making the schedule objectively very tough. We could go undefeated and still look back at the schedule and talk about how tough it was given the teams we played against. It's possible to talk about how hard our schedule is going to be this year and still talk about why we have a good chance to be successful against it. No need to downplay the difficulty. If anything, play it up because then winning is that much sweeter. That's all I'm saying.

Sandstorm, I think we are pretty close on the way we look at things. I believe that things set up so that we can - and should - win more games than last year. Even if we do not beat the three top teams, we will be very competitive with them. People are overlooking us because of our defensive collapse after we lost so many players, which caused us to lose to Florida, and also kept us from having a chance against Clemson and Virginia.

I'm starting to get very excited about this year.
    Last edited by Ace Dilcock; 08-15-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID14 View Post
    Good point.....I am afraid this whole thread has run amuck

I believe that we get Burch if we have a good year. So that is as relevant to his recruiting as anything.