Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 DL - Jordan Burch

Default Re: 2020 DL - Jordan Burch

The taters are still listed as his favorite even though they have 3 5 star defensive lineman already committed?
    Gamecock born, Gamecock bred
    When I die I'll be Gamecock dead...
    Currently raising more Gamecocks to carry the torch!

Landing Burch may be the biggest piece to our recruiting class. Not only would he be elite, but he would assist us in landing all these other recruits that are on the fringe right now.
    Do ya thing

Quote Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
    Yep, it does. Five (5) with a perfect 1.0000 composite score, and 247sports tried to make it easy for you, by numbering them tied in their rankings as number 1. They are all tied with Clowney. The first prospect ranked lower than them is ranked #6. Does that not look like 5 to you?
    That was more of a correction to the person that said "there were only 2 perfect scores." I was asking a question that I already knew the answer to as if to not come off as a complete ass. My apologies if me being careful with my words was lost. Just quoted the incorrect person.

1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar

So is July 13th the day he is supposed to announce?

If C2 doesn't trust you.. CoverTwo's Avatar

It's just a rumor.
    Follow me on Twitter! @Ch4ncey

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

1st Team All-American Roosterboy's Avatar

With Murphy going to UNC, Burch now becomes cantankerous miss. A lot of pressure on this staff, I know. But they want to be elite, they can't miss on guys like Burch in state.
    Baseball
    SEC Champs: 2000, 2002, 2011
    CWS Appearances:
    1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
    Two-time National Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
    With Murphy going to UNC, Burch now becomes cantankerous miss. A lot of pressure on this staff, I know. But they want to be elite, they can't miss on guys like Burch in state.
    Factually accurate
    Q:Why did the Rooster cross the road?
    A:To kick a Tiger's Ass

Quote Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
    The taters are still listed as his favorite even though they have 3 5 star defensive lineman already committed?
    We have a better chance at Burch than any of our other top targets. (Except maybe Bigsby)

It's kind of weird to me that this thread isn't getting that much attention. Y'all know that Jordan Burch is the best recruit in the country, right? If we get him, that means the Gamecocks have the best player in the country. That is a huge deal. Huge. Add him to our already loaded D-line roster, and we are back to the Clowney days - perhaps even better because we have a ton of quality depth there.

He's no Clowney, but come on. This kid can absolutely blow the lid off of our recruiting class, help us land other recruits who have been hearing "we aren't legit enough to have top talent", and be a day one starter. I suppose this is just setting us up to be disappointed for if he goes elsewhere, but I just kind of expected a lot more noise in this thread.
    Do ya thing

Quote Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
    It's kind of weird to me that this thread isn't getting that much attention. Y'all know that Jordan Burch is the best recruit in the country, right? If we get him, that means the Gamecocks have the best player in the country. That is a huge deal. Huge. Add him to our already loaded D-line roster, and we are back to the Clowney days - perhaps even better because we have a ton of quality depth there.

He's no Clowney, but come on. This kid can absolutely blow the lid off of our recruiting class, help us land other recruits who have been hearing "we aren't legit enough to have top talent", and be a day one starter. I suppose this is just setting us up to be disappointed for if he goes elsewhere, but I just kind of expected a lot more noise in this thread.
    The XT threads still haunt us. Hard to get excited or "make noise" until pen hits the paper.

There just hasnít been much to post about with this guy. Heís kept his recruitment very quiet and not much info comes out from him. Thatís why the recruiting experts have no clue what heíll do.

streetcarl if youre nasty TheWeave09's Avatar

Well there’s really not a lot to talk about at this point. His camp has done a very good job of keeping everything quiet so at this point it would really be useless speculation. I would rather it be quiet than inaccurate information honestly

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeave09 View Post
    Well there’s really not a lot to talk about at this point. His camp has done a very good job of keeping everything quiet so at this point it would really be useless speculation. I would rather it be quiet than inaccurate information honestly
    Very true. My mind is just a little football hungry ATM
    Do ya thing

1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar

Very true. My mind is just a little football hungry ATM
    We’re all football hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
    Weíre all football hungry!
    I'm hungry for winning football
    Gamecock born, Gamecock bred
    When I die I'll be Gamecock dead...
    Currently raising more Gamecocks to carry the torch!

I sure hope that we can land him as he should see the potential for coming to USC. Hopefully our coaches are working him as hard as they have worked any other top notch recruit that we have been after. I like the recruiting message that our staff uses on these young men - "Why Not Come Here And Be Part Of A First"! That would make a lot of sense to me if I were being recruited and also our facilities don't take a back seat to anyone's at this time. Coach Scott, Coach T-Rob and Coach Muschamp would be a hard bunch to turn down if you are from this state. I also think he can make a huge impact on the defense if he decides to come here. Plus, orange is a very ugly color to wear.

Any new info out there on Burch, or is it completely quiet?

I was the white shadow. cockymac's Avatar

Totally quiet.

If the rumor is true that he is announcing tomorrow, it will be like a Lloyd surprise to most people. I just can’t believe he is announcing tomorrow with such silence from media on this rumor.

If C2 doesn't trust you.. CoverTwo's Avatar

I doubt he is announcing tomorrow. He is expected to be at Clemson's cookout at the end of the month and he will visit Georgia after that per an insider another board.
    Follow me on Twitter! @Ch4ncey

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan