Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great win- the program needed it and GOT IT

Default Great win- the program needed it and GOT IT

I said early this week what a huge pivotal game this was for Muschamps lrogram here. It was one of the most critical for momentum especially with the brutal 2019 schedule.

And they GOT THE WIN! Did it against a VERY good offense (and it showed) with lots of injuries on the road vs an unfamiliar opponent at noon.

Some huge sacks late. That nailed the coffin really. Offense played outstanding.

Now....the likely WORST case is 7-5 with a bowl win that could be 8-5. So a 1 game drop from 9-4. Thats very manageable.

Now we have @Florida. This game is winnable. The Swamp...ugh...always been hard to play there. A win there would match the win/loss from last year with same 4 losses (sorry guys....Clemson is peaking at their programs all time high, we aint winning there this year).

7-5 at worst. Maybe 8-4. Then a bowl.

Well done Coach Muschamp. Its not “good enough” long term but year 3, it’s manageable.

1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar

Default Re: Great win- the program needed it and GOT IT

You’re damn right it was a big game and the team stuck with it and came through in the end. My nerves are fried, but I feel great about the win. Once we start getting better players into the program it will be fun. Already seeing some young guys flash and that is exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
    You’re damn right it was a big game and the team stuck with it and came through in the end. My nerves are fried, but I feel great about the win. Once we start getting better players into the program it will be fun. Already seeing some young guys flash and that is exciting.
    Some disagreed w me when I said it was Muschamps biggest game of his tenure here. But I stand by that. It was. 7-5 is much different than 6-6, not to mention the morale hit a loss today would’ve been. 6-7 w bowl loss. With 2019 schedule looming? Disaster.

But 7-5 is now almost a lock, and who knows maybe we upset Florida or Clemson for 8-4 because today was a character and comfidence building win.

This game could swing 2018 from 6-7 to 9-4.

Huge HUGE win.

This game was still no bigger than the TN game or really any other win this season.

Wins are always nice, but to act like this one game would determine Muschamp's success (or lack thereof) at USC, isn't accurate IMO.

Blue collar. The linebackers finally got into the game, and the (almost too) late pressure helped a lot. Lots of work to do to beat Florida, but it won't be from lack of heart or lack of unheralded guys stepping up.

1st Team All-American sporkgod50's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
    Wins are always nice, but to act like this one game would determine Muschamp's success (or lack thereof) at USC, isn't accurate IMO.
    This part I agree with.
    what would a mama buffalo call her son who finds both sexes attractive?

a bison.

1st Team All-American sporkgod50's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
    Blue collar. The linebackers finally got into the game, and the (almost too) late pressure helped a lot. Lots of work to do to beat Florida, but it won't be from lack of heart or lack of unheralded guys stepping up.
    I'm anxious for the injury report.
    what would a mama buffalo call her son who finds both sexes attractive?

a bison.

This game was still no bigger than the TN game or really any other win this season.

I don’t think it will go down as a great win because Ole Miss isnt a good team.

But we desperately needed this win for a few reasons. Now we have a chance to finish 3rd in the East with a win over UF next week. Moreover, we’ll go no worse than 4-4 in conference and have a chance to go 5-3. It also means we won’t be going into the Akron game needing a win for bowl eligibility.

I think it feels like a bigger win than it was bc of how awful our D played in the first half. To actually come out with the win feels pretty remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post

But we desperately needed this win for a few reasons. Now we have a chance to finish 3rd in the East with a win over UF next week. Moreover, we’ll go no worse than 4-4 in conference and have a chance to go 5-3. It also means we won’t be going into the Akron game needing a win for bowl eligibility.

I think it feels like a bigger win than it was bc of how awful our D played in the first half. To actually come out with the win feels pretty remarkable.

My point is that if USC lost to TN or MO or Vandy in those games, then this game isn't your 4th conference win.

So it isn't any more important than those games... they all count the same.

My point is that if USC lost to TN or MO or Vandy in those games, then this game isn't your 4th conference win.

I agree.

Was just also pointing out that great wins don’t come against unranked teams.

In context it would be crippling had we lost it. And yeah UT was almost just as much so. A game we are supposed to win.

EXACTLY right. Its just an average win over mediocre Ole Miss. It’ll be forgotten pretty quickly.

But a LOSS today would have been seen as the moment the program took a turn downwards. Instead...we gained confidence and some momentum

Good point but games become more/less meaningful as the season progresses. Think Georgia/Kentucky was circled in August as the SEC East Championship Game?

Had we lost to Vandy and TN sure the bottom would’ve fallen out already.

But today we sat at 4-3, program trying to find itself, with a brutal 2019 schedule and 2/4 remaining games as probable losses.

6-6 is just different in so many ways than 7-5 for morale and momentum.

Some game this season was gonna be that critical must win for the continued improvement of the program. This was it. Losing to Florida or Clemson will suck but wont setback the program like today would have.

Either way...WE WON!! Great day. Now lets upset Florida!

Quote Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
    Some disagreed w me when I said it was Muschamps biggest game of his tenure here. But I stand by that. It was. 7-5 is much different than 6-6, not to mention the morale hit a loss today would’ve been. 6-7 w bowl loss. With 2019 schedule looming? Disaster.

But 7-5 is now almost a lock, and who knows maybe we upset Florida or Clemson for 8-4 because today was a character and comfidence building win.

This game could swing 2018 from 6-7 to 9-4.

Huge HUGE win.
    8-4 is our ceiling this year and that would be with an upset of Florida. No way we beat Clemson. They are currently bigger, faster, stronger and much more talented than us.

Great win in that the team fought through adversity and overcame injuries and a 10 pt fourth quarter deficit to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
    8-4 is our ceiling this year and that would be with an upset of Florida. No way we beat Clemson. They are currently bigger, faster, stronger and much more talented than us.
    I agree, although we SHOULD have beaten A&M that game stings bad. Florida is getting manhandled by Missouri in The Swamp now, so who knows.

Agree about Clemson. Their program is hitting its all time peak right now. Ugh, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
    I agree, although we SHOULD have beaten A&M that game stings bad. Florida is getting manhandled by Missouri in The Swamp now, so who knows.

Agree about Clemson. Their program is hitting its all time peak right now. Ugh, whatever.
    Think our team has some sort of snake bite or stigma when playing uk and tamu we should have beaten them both in multiple years here recently.
    Gamecock born, Gamecock bred
    When I die I'll be Gamecock dead...
    Currently raising more Gamecocks to carry the torch!

I didn't get to see our last 10 points dang it. Friggin' live stream!

Pretty solid win D stepped up in the end. I dont think i have seen a D wear out an O before.

Watching UF vs Mizzo i think we got UF.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
    Think our team has some sort of snake bite or stigma when playing uk and tamu we should have beaten them both in multiple years here recently.

UK is getting beat by UGA right now.