Default Re: Florida Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
    We beat Ta'amu on the road...
    Huh?

1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lruney View Post
    Trask is injured out for year
    Even more important to get to Franks and rattle him.

Former Walk On in-law catdaddy66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SheckWes View Post
    Huh?
    That's the Ole Miss QB that shredded us last week. It isn't Texas A and M University.

I can see where you get that, though

Quote Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
    That's the Ole Miss QB that shredded us last week. It isn't Texas A and M University.

I can see where you get that, though

Yeah, I had to think about it for a second myself....

Quote Originally Posted by lruney View Post
    Trask is injured out for year
    Very unfortunate for him ...I wish him well.....but that changes everything....I don't think Franks can beat us...I expect the betting line to change significantly...I am expecting us to win ugly but win ...it would be nice to see Deebo start this one off the same as last week

Florida has some real speed on offense and defense Iím still not sure we can win but if Franks makes more mistakes than Jake we have a real chance.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
    Florida has some real speed on offense and defense Iím still not sure we can win but if Franks makes more mistakes than Jake we have a real chance.
    Then we will win....Jake is a much better QB than Franks

Been caught moddin' Spur's Addiction's Avatar

Wonít be easy but not out of the question. Get off to a good start and anything is possible.

Beating Florida comes down to two things: 1) Will CWM come out of the Tampa Two/Cover Two defense and allow the players to take a chance, or will he play conservative again and allow teams to move the ball at will and HOPE for a penalty or turnover to stall drives. 2) Will we run the ball on the edges and not up the middle. Jake play action and see the field better when we play/pass off of the edge. It is not pressure directly in his face and he is able to see the coverage better because the safety will either play the TE or him.
    I understand the team is young and the cover two defense is suppose to limit mistakes, but I disagree with that philosophy. Man coverage is best when you are inexperienced. Call out your coverage and stick with him. Play single safety over the top and float the Mike LB (guess) to the play side, or pressure if its away. You can easily disguise this and the defense will not be so vanilla/predictable. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by pshade; 11-07-2018 at 09:09 PM. Reason: remove icon

Quote Originally Posted by pshade View Post
    Beating Florida comes down to two things: 1) Will CWM come out of the Tampa Two/Cover Two defense and allow the players to take a chance, or will he play conservative again and allow teams to move the ball at will and HOPE for a penalty or turnover to stall drives. 2) Will we run the ball on the edges and not up the middle. Jake play action and see the field better when we play/pass off of the edge. It is not pressure directly in his face and he is able to see the coverage better because the safety will either play the TE or him.
    I understand the team is young and the cover two defense is suppose to limit mistakes, but I disagree with that philosophy. Man coverage is best when you are inexperienced. Call out your coverage and stick with him. Play single safety over the top and float the Mike LB (guess) to the play side, or pressure if its away. You can easily disguise this and the defense will not be so vanilla/predictable. Just my two cents.
    Man coverage is great...when you have the depth to run it. South Carolina just doesnít have the depth in the secondary to play more man coverage. Thatís why you didnít see it until the 4th quarter last week when it mattered most. If they run man the entire game, guys like Fenton, Nixon and Horn would have been gassed and more likely to give up the deep ball. You may see it a little bit more this week because UF isnít really a threat to run 90 plays but thatís why youíre getting the ultimate bend donít break defense.

UF has given up 19 third down conversions combined over the last two games. I think thatís a key stat going into this game. Offense needs to convert on third down and stay on the field.

Their secondary has been picked on the last couple weeks. I think Bentley could have a lot of success throwing the ball. The only thing is to be able to pick up the blitz because Grantham will blitz the heck out of an offense.

Maybe it’s just me but I get the feeling UF has checked out mentally. UGa was all or nothing game. After losing that one the team was done. Missouri torched them last year and they had been building up that game since media day and laid an egg coming off a bad Georgia loss. On top of that the coach is now blaming fans, the qb nobody believes in (Franks ) is fighting with another lackluster UF qb Twitter (delrio). Momentum could be on our side all things considered,noon kickoff helps us since literally just about all our games have been nooners. If we can get off to a similar start as last week definitely think we can win.

Quote Originally Posted by spurfan93 View Post
    Man coverage is great...when you have the depth to run it. South Carolina just doesn’t have the depth in the secondary to play more man coverage. That’s why you didn’t see it until the 4th quarter last week when it mattered most. If they run man the entire game, guys like Fenton, Nixon and Horn would have been gassed and more likely to give up the deep ball. You may see it a little bit more this week because UF isn’t really a threat to run 90 plays but that’s why you’re getting the ultimate bend don’t break defense.
    You are correct, and to take your point a little further, Florida’s QB Franks is not accurate enough to throw multiple passes for completions. If we play man, he could hit a big play over the top. Playing man would play to his strength. A short run on first down and an incompletion on second down is exactly the formula we need.
    Last edited by CockTail; 11-07-2018 at 10:32 PM.
    Q:Why did the Rooster cross the road?
    A:To kick a Tiger's Ass

I actually think the Trask injury hurts us. They were starting a guy in Tradk who had limited play time which can cause him to speed up and make mistakes. Trask wasn’t good enough to beat out Franks in practice. Franks has a great arm but is inaccurate. Trasks injury may unite the team around Franks.
    Q:Why did the Rooster cross the road?
    A:To kick a Tiger's Ass

I dont give us much chance at all. Hope I am wrong.

1. We are beat to hell on Defense. Starting too many inexperienced young players. Its really bad folks. We just gave up 600 yards last week. We arent stopping anyone at this point.

2. Its too hard to win back to back road games for anyone. Practically impossible for an average middle of the road SEC team which we are. I dont care who we are playing. If we were really good I would still have my doubts for this reason alone. Its a monumental task.

3. Florida just had its worst game of the season. Which means they will be hitting on all cylinders against us. Thats just the way it works. Had they destroyed Mizzou I would actually feel better about it. Florida beat Miss St and LSU. They are plenty good enough to beat us and beat us well, no matter what happened last week.

There is nothing about this game that makes me feel good. I really hope I am wrong because it could make this season 10 times better.

1st Team All-American USCBASEBALL1's Avatar

I think Bentley gets it done against UF. I think he has finally figured it out and we will beat UF. Mark me down as 31 - 21.

1st Team All-American USCBASEBALL1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
    I actually think the Trask injury hurts us. They were starting a guy in Tradk who had limited play time which can cause him to speed up and make mistakes. Trask wasnít good enough to beat out Franks in practice. Franks has a great arm but is inaccurate. Trasks injury may unite the team around Franks.
    Franks teammates for the most part do not like him. I also do not think he is a very good QB. The reason we will beat UF Saturday is our QB play will be much much better than theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by BiscoCocky View Post
    Maybe itís just me but I get the feeling UF has checked out mentally. UGa was all or nothing game. After losing that one the team was done. Missouri torched them last year and they had been building up that game since media day and laid an egg coming off a bad Georgia loss. On top of that the coach is now blaming fans, the qb nobody believes in (Franks ) is fighting with another lackluster UF qb Twitter (delrio). Momentum could be on our side all things considered,noon kickoff helps us since literally just about all our games have been nooners. If we can get off to a similar start as last week definitely think we can win.

Nobody in the SEC likes the humiliation of losing to us, especially UGA, UF and UT. I expect UF to fight hard to win this game, probably a lot harder than if they are playing anybody else in the conference. Plus they will have the Old Ball Coach there to motivate them...

Quote Originally Posted by MrED View Post
    I dont give us much chance at all. Hope I am wrong.

1. We are beat to hell on Defense. Starting too many inexperienced young players. Its really bad folks. We just gave up 600 yards last week. We arent stopping anyone at this point.

2. Its too hard to win back to back road games for anyone. Practically impossible for an average middle of the road SEC team which we are. I dont care who we are playing. If we were really good I would still have my doubts for this reason alone. Its a monumental task.

3. Florida just had its worst game of the season. Which means they will be hitting on all cylinders against us. Thats just the way it works. Had they destroyed Mizzou I would actually feel better about it. Florida beat Miss St and LSU. They are plenty good enough to beat us and beat us well, no matter what happened last week.

There is nothing about this game that makes me feel good. I really hope I am wrong because it could make this season 10 times better.
    Goodness...I think youíre giving UF just a little too much credit. Two of the three reasons you donít give SC a chance I would argue doesnít have anything to do with the team playing the game. Itís back to back road games and UF played horrible last week so weíre doomed!

Yes our defense gave up 600 yards last week. Thatís why Ole Miss is top 5 in the country in a lot of offensive categories. UF isnít in the top 75 on offense. Our backup QB threw for 300 against Missouri and UF couldnít move the ball against them. Their starting QB was benched.

Could we lose? Sure! But ďdonít see anything good about this oneĒ? Címon man.